The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Kuuderes being kuuderes
    • Like x 2
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And here I was recently wondering if it was worth it to keep up with Hulu. Got a good reason now. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Davenport Committed Player

What do you guys think about Jump Force?
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've played it for a couple of hours, of course for any anime fans the ensemble of characters is very enticing. But from the get-go, even the running animation looks like it belongs in a PS1 game, the combat seem basic and i mean much more basic than MvC or Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

I rate that game "unless you're a huge anime fan go ahead, but if not, maybe wait til it goes on sale or something" out of 10.
  6. Davenport Committed Player

I agree. I loved the concept, but it's really not as good as it could have been. Plus, some of the battles just seem broken as I'll slap an opponent left and right, yet they get off one special and suddenly I'm down 50% of my health. o_O
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Curses, I forgot how engaging and engrossing Overlord (the anime series, gotta differentiate it from the horror film now lol) can be. :mad:

The second season got a video release recently and I finally sat down to rewatch it last night. I figured I'd watch a couple of episodes and then shut it off to watch a game that was on.

I ended up pausing the disc after an episode finished, switched to check the score of the game, then going back to Overlord. :D I plowed through the first eight episodes on the first disc last night.
    • Like x 2
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Oh man, you're in for a treat. Although after finishing with season 3, I was expecting a season 4 announcement but nothing so far :oops:. I need to have more of papa bone daddy :p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  11. Yui Loyal Player

So nice to see this thread is still ongoing after all this time I've been gone :3
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Welcome back Yui :D
    Didn't know had missed the puppy girl until she came back :)
  13. Perdition Committed Player

Didn't know this thread exists. Gonna have to keep an eye on this one :D
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dang, now I feel like I've been slacking with just posting news bits lately.

Then again, I've been slacking on a couple of the shows from the winter season that I was interested in (WAY behind on the new seasons of Date A Live and Real Girl), not to mention that I still have to finish season 3 of Overlord and season two of Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Regardless, a hearty "welcome back" goes out to Yui, and a hearty "welcome" to Perdition. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here it is, the ONE PUNCH MAN season 2 trailer
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think there's been some pushback on the new trailer, if an IGN article was right.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/21/why-one-punch-man-season-2s-animation-is-so-different?read

I'm honestly not sure what they were expecting. With a new animation studio AND a different director, it's going to look different. J.C. Staff has always had (at the very least) solid looking shows, and the new director's credits include Naruto, Toradora! and Wolf's Rain. And while Toradora! might be an odd one to include considering the action-heavy nature of One Punch Man, I can't help but think back on the fight between Taiga and the class president about midway through the show and how visceral it was.

I can understand some of the worries, but I don't share them.

Dang it all, now I have to go back and watch that scene from Toradora. YouTube didn't help, anything I found was people unnecessarily dubbing in their own music choices, even one with one of the Mortal Kombat tracks. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A webic mentioned a couple anime, was hoping you great and knowledgeable peoples will be able to tell me a bit about them
    "Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day" and "Another"
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That webcomic is part of my regular rotation of webcomics that I read! LOL

I particularly liked the back and forth between the "Is anime kinda like Teen Titans Go?" question and the "This is an intervention! No one should think of anime in those terms!" response. :D

As for the shows, I haven't seen them but from what I've heard of/read about Anohana the web comic has it right, it tends to hit you in the feels. As for Another, here's the ANN description of the show:

Plot Summary:

When Kōichi Sasakibara transfers to his new school, he can sense something frightening in the atmosphere of his new class, a secret none of them will talk about. At the center is the beautiful girl Mei Misaki. Kōichi is immediately drawn to her mysterious aura, but then he begins to realize that no one else in the class is aware of her presence.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13258
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Almost like the response to when a character in another webic was seen watching "TTG" in 2011 :p

"Another" sounds like a ghost story, where only the new kid can see her :(
    Neither of those titles sound like 'introductory entries' into anime: what was Stela thinking? o_O
    They both sound good though, butt, don't personally like sad movies, they tend to make me angry (usually because can't do anything to help :() so will stay away from them
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just a fun little follow-up to that webcomic. They started out with Anohana, then went to Another. Now the two characters watching are going to cleanse the palate a bit by watching My Love Story. :D