The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Anybody watching the remake?
    [IMG]
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

What is the anime?
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Dororo, originally from 1969, remade just this January.
    tells the tale of a samurai lord (Hyakkimaru) that has bartered away his newborn son's organs to forty-eight demons in exchange for dominance on the battlefield.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sounds like a candidate for "Dad of the Century" :p
    Depends on the quality of the artwork (remember "Thundercats: ROAR!"?)
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank You, I will look into this
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

It has a good premise though, so the said 48 demons gets an organ/limb from the Hyakkimaru, Hyakkimaru then regains an organ/limb for everytime he kills one of the 48 demons.

well it isn't on Cartoon Network catered to kids and is already on episode 5. The quality is top-notch, gory, but top-notch.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It does sound good, and it's actually smart: he may have bartered away his kids' organs and limbs, butt he now has the ability to get them back :D
  8. Davenport Committed Player

Do any of you read the manhwa, The Gamer?
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With Valentine's Day coming up quick, I found myself thinking about some of the "doki doki" or "Whoa, they mean it" moments between characters (particularly during confessions of some kind or another) that have stuck with me over the years. There's plenty I could choose from in the rom/com shows I've watched (plenty to work from in Mysterious Girlfriend X, Golden Time, Gamers! for example), but the ones that come to mind stuck with me because they were moments in the shows that stood out from the usual tone/feel of the show itself.

First up would be the English dub version of a scene between Tsukune and Kurumu in the second season of Rosario+Vampire. It's in the last episodes of the season, where all the girls are helping Tsukune reach the castle where Moka's father lives so he can get a new seal for Moka's powers. Kurumu's confession after she helps Tsukune escape Kurumu's mom just stands out in large part to Brina Palencia's performance. She puts so much conviction and certainty into telling Tsukune that she loves him more than any of the other girls might feel about him, and it's especially striking after she talks about how much of a hold Moka has on Tsukune's heart.

Secondly would be Centorea from Monster Musume, but this time it's the original Japanese version. It's after she's dragged Kimihito all around town and he ends up stepping in to save her from being attacked by the purse snatcher they were pursuing. Afterwards she expresses her apologies for how she acted towards Kimihito and offers her loyalty. But the way the actress delivered that pledge of loyalty made it sound just as likely that it was a pledge of marriage to him.

Finally, I'd have to go with Akeno's confession to Issei near the end of season two of High School DxD, again using the English dub. It's right after she's revealed her heritage to Issei, and despite his awkwardness he accepts her for who she is. There's that one little moment right after she hugs him to the floor and whispers, "I've decided" that seals the deal for that moment for me.

Anyone else have little relationship moments like that that stand out from shows?
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Reminder that Two Heroes is coming to Blu-ray/DVD on the 13th.

[IMG]
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, they've announced who they have directing the Hollywood version of your name and the premise they're working with.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...od-remake-of-makoto-shinkai-your-name/.143452

The director is Marc Webb, who directed Amazing Spider-Man and 500 Days of Summer. As for the premise? From the article:

A young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies. When a disaster threatens to upend their lives, they must journey to meet and save their worlds

Personally I'm just nervous about the director being the guy behind Amazing Spider-Man.

• Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Tanya the Evil fans
    So here is a clip for the upcoming film

For those not sure as to what is happening, basically: Three Battalions were encroaching the Empire's (not Germany) stronghold on foreign soil. Tanya's single Battalion takes down one of the battalions, causing confusion and reinforcements to be spread from the main force. Tanya's Battalion then goes for the French Republic's HQ and lands a critical blow (but unfortunately the Leader managed to survive albeit it in a slapstick fashion)
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey OVERLORD fans
    Here is a special deformed ova special for those who haven't seen it
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think I found an early contender for best line in a comedy anime. From this week's Kaguya-sama Love is War:

"President, I think I have Stockholm syndrome, so I'm going home."

Okay, so it's odd out of context, but the timing and delivery of the line is perfect! :D
  17. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Saga of Tanya The Evil is my #1 favorite anime. I have spent over $1000.00 dollars on merchandise. I love this anime so much. I am so looking forward to the anime
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

You and many others my friend. The anime has a number of fans, especially in the cosplay scene
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So there's something a little weird and/or interesting happening with the Fruits Basket franchise.

Last year they announced a remake of sorts for the series, but this time it will cover the entire story and (at the creator's request) will feature a brand new cast and staff for the anime. Funimation also managed to get the rights for streaming/release (I'm guessing since they had the license for the previous anime) and will be doing a dub.

Now, from what I understand the creator wanted a fresh take on the story and that's why she requested a new cast and staff for the new series. More details here:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...g-for-new-2019-fruits-basket-tv-anime/.139680

Funimation's started announcing the dub cast for the new series already, and that's where it gets a little interesting or weird, depending on your perspective. The three cast members announced for the show so far? They're all reprising their roles from the previous anime. o_O

So I guess the fresh look is more for the Japanese version. LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Its been revealed that the second season of ONE PUNCH MAN will be exclusively shown on Hulu the same day of the Japanese broadcast on April 9
    • Like x 2