Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draconiano Committed Player

So...screw the people who supported the game paying for membership on october, november and early december, nice.
    • Like x 4
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if your mom and dad gave you a birthday gift of a $5 gift card to Starbucks...and you don't drink coffee, then a week later gave some random person a $100 Visa gift card 'just because', you would have no issue with that?

Lies!
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But, assuming I was a ex-member, who fit the criteria for the free period, I could use my free benefits for 18 days, then sub on Jan 30 and also get the member gifts?

Seems to make sense. Still seems like the guy who subs steady gets the shaft. How about if you were subbed during the time period between Oct and Dec 31, you get a bonus month tacked on? People who were NOT subbed get their 19 days, loyal subscribers get 30.

Reinheld
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

No issue whatsoever. First, because if my dad would give me a 5$ Starbucks card, it would be pretty fitting. Once, because I can't get a coffee with it in germany and second because it would actually exceed my expectations of what I would get. And my mum already gave enough of her power. Also, that's a pretty poor comparison, don't you think?

But I'm rambling. Devs gave you a 50pt feat for free, some cool posters and a suit to for example gear up an alt. An incentive to get former legendaries to maybe sub up again is nothing new. We got plenty of free stuff lately, and I'm not that needy that I have to rely on free stuff to feel good.
    • Like x 2
  5. Casvur New Player

I love your analogy but it would be more like if your parents gave you a $5 Visa gift card for your birthday, then later that day gave away $100 Starbucks gift card to a random person who quit drinking coffee (playing and supporting the game) and you didn't.
    • Like x 1
  6. PaulAndrew Active Player

It seems like it. They rather cater to people who haven't been on in months or possibly years and may not even care anymore. Just to try and bring them back into the game. Meanwhile if we supported DCUO till the end in 2017, it pretty much means nothing. "Oh you bought membership till the end of 2017? Cool! Now buy it again in January. We're giving free stuff to people who haven't been on in forever, because we want their money back. We're already steady getting yours." Sorry, but that is seriously how it seems. It would've made much more sense to just extend the date to those until December 31st. Everyone would've been happy and that in itself would've been a great 7yr celebration anniversary gift. I've been playing since launch pretty much. 7yrs and I can't even really take part in this event... Again, this is a HUGE bummer. Especially to those who actually kept supporting the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

People really don't know what a "subscription" is. But I can definitely tell ya what it is not:

It is not your token of generosioty towards the devs. It is not a thing that entitles anyone to more than the legendary subscription perks describe. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No. Not at all. in order to get the free month, you can't have logged in since october 31st. Exactly what they said.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

How are you being screwed? You didn't not get anything. That's how a gift works. You're not owed it, and you don't deserve it, no matter what.

Because it's a gift, which is ALWAYS optional.

You didn't get it, because THAT gift wasn't intended for you. It was intended for the people it applies to. You got the gift intended for you.

Every type of player got a gift.

You should have learned by five years old that you don't complain about what other people get as gifts. you say thank you for the gift you received, which, again, they didn't have to give you.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Trying to bring back lapsed customers isn't called "desparation", it's called "good business".

Stop complaining about the gift you didn't receive and just say thank you for the one you got.

The one you didn't get wasn't intended for you.
    • Like x 3
  11. PaulAndrew Active Player

Sure, and if you put years into this game and put a lot of money into it, then that's just swell. Buy it again. Oh, have this old retextured T2 style as a gift. Nevermind the fact you've been diligently supporting us when you could. While you enjoy that retextured suit, we'll give out all the really great stuff to people that may or may not even care and haven't even been on in months or years AND may not even ever know they had a free month this month.
    What is upsetting is that the intended group of people for membership is getting all this great stuff, but if you supported DCUO just a month or two too long... then sucks to suck, you're excluded. Happy 7yr anniversary. Thanks for supporting us to the bitter end in 2017, now buy your membership again in January, while some "past players" get epic stuff. Gift or not... it just seems very unfair. You think a huge company would want to be fair.
    • Like x 2
  12. HarryHell Well-Known Player

They don't have to give us anything, but giving us stuff is buisness. They get more renews and sales when customers are feeling appreciated. However giving those who don't currently support the game in any way, or those who nearly ever did a free month, and not giving the loyal customers (which i used to be) or the "let's give it another try with one month of sub" (where i am now) subscribers free sub is bad buisness imo.
    They can give whoever whatever they want, its up to them, however it's good buisness that the current subscribers also get something. This is at least the second time i get snubbed, getting emblems and base items i nearly care about instead of a monthly sub worth more then $10.
    Other than this, it's a good start, as many wants styles and stuff, but I just feel snubbed because of bad luck or just being to loyal.
    Hopefully something else they'll do will make me happier than this did. Now I'm off to play, since i didn't get it for free i need to make my month of sub worth what i paid.
    • Like x 1
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I cant say im not a bit disappointed about the free legendary not being applied to the past 3 months of other players,.

But, i am truly grateful for these gifts. They didnt have to do it and i love what they did.
  14. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Happy Anniversary!
    2017 was easily one of DCUO's strongest years, so much awesome (and long requested) DC stuff added to the game, perhaps more than in any other year since it's first.
    Classic DC villains like Anti-Monitor and Starro making their appearance was a highlight. As was the Beyond suit, though that was just the tip of an iceberg of cool styles this year.

Thanks for all the presents! :cool:

/bat-hug

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. majosea Dedicated Player

I guess, I will keep my money next time ( I sub in nov ) supporting the game is a kick to the face , it should have for pass subs for the year or two ,
    there is ton of players that sub just in dec - in hopes for a free gift as morrow bot and brainica bot
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Whoa, I feel a little dizzy.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

That meme tongue twisted me lol. Enlighten me.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will you please stop with the 'one per account'? While the gifts are nice, and they are account bound and can share them amongst your characters, having 'one per character, non-tradable' would, POO, be better

Not sure when last /claimed anything as they are mostly all 'opa'
  19. Cjmd74 Active Player

Wow, I'm slow. This was meant for former members that said, "Forget this game" moved on. People like myself that have stuck around & put money into this game continuously, didn't get this. That's bs. Wow. Penalized for loyalty. Nice...
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you only look at the bottom of the announcement? Did you not see all the gifts (opa) members get? o_O

The only thing "Past Members" get is... free access to the game, no different to when they have the Free Access weeks, designed to entice players who quit (for what ever reason) to check out what may have changed since they last played and maybe get them to start playing again
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.