Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I wish I could like this more than once. It's insane the amount of whining over a gift.
    • Like x 3
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agree with Sugr Bear, although it's fine to not be happy with a gift (sometimes the gift is simply... not right, or something you could ever use {a comb for a bald woman for example}), whining about what someone else got, or worse, demanding you be given something else is most certainly not called for, although, making a suggestion or letting the gift-giver know what you would rather have for next time, is not a bad thing (how else are they suppose to know, go through your diary?)
    • Like x 2
  3. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Now I will make toilet man!!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi Mepps,
    Are we going to be able to purchase the Dark Spectre Batsuit 2018 in game if we want the style on more then just one character???

Thanks. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm too OCD to not open and claim everything. lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Fixed the poster. Happy Anniversary!

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I think they did a WW thing already
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed. It really sucks that the only toon I'd like to use the new style on, my main, has no need of 192 gear at this point. The toons I'd give the actual gear to (and i'd split the set up across 2) I could care less to see the style on. I can't remember when they started this method of delivery (probably when DBG came in), but the old way was better.

Reinheld
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, well the first part of that makes no sense. Why would you get a bunch of stuff you would have to delete? If you have an alt you don't care about claiming the items on, don't claim the box, or claim the box and don't open it. I've got 8 or 9 alts who still have all the voltaic and firey weapons still sitting in the Redeem/claim tab, along with buckaroo styles and anything else I ever purchased. That might be the lamest reason to NOT get something ever.

I agree on the trinket though...again, something like the TomBot or the fireworks trinket would be more appreciated than yet another superdork poster. I don't even count the open paradox capsule and the emblems as those are available to everyone anyway.

Reinheld
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

With me, if every character can't get it, no character gets it
    • Like x 1
  11. HarryHell Well-Known Player

A gift that exludes you for actually supporting the game, a gift worth real money that the other gift is not (for most).
    Being excluded from the best gift for being loyal is something people pick up on, and therefor gets pissed and therefor will go from good customer to bad or not at all. Off course someone care more than others, but a gift that basically tells you that you were stupid to sub between october and now, is something that ticks some people off.
    However if they added those 20 days to everyone that has subbed ever, almost no one would whine, and almost everyone would be happy and praise the devs. They would prob get their money back and then somme, as someone would be so happy that they went wild on the marketplace or some would resub or extend their current.
    It't all about everyone feeling appreciated, and being rewarded for being a good customer.
    In my line of work, if some of the stores i buy materials from don't reward me for being a good customer, I go to another.
    If they didn't give away the free access, they would have less people whining, if they gave it to all they would have a lot more happy customers.
    I was 6 days to early to resub, after being a loyal subscriber from march 2011 to somewhere around the 5th of october 2017, this is if i remember correctly the 2nd time I've been excluded from getting free sub just because i actually supported the game (open episodes excluded).

People are entitled to whine about this
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, they are not entitled to whine, because that's what the problem is: they feel self-entitled to everything!
    If one player gets something, they feel they are entitled to it as well (prime example is the "Back from the Hack", players who weren't even playing back then feel they should be entitled to it, or, those who were there should have their 'reward' lessoned so they can feel better about not getting the feat or the sweatshirt)

One reason why gifting everyone the 20 days is that it could seriously muck up the payment days for those who are currently subbed (not everyone started on the first of the month). Say, for example, a player subbed on the 25th, would that mean they have less 'free' days? Or would that mean their payment day shifts to the first?
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While you have every right to your opinion, you do realize that you're trying to sort of dictate what you would have preferred for your free gift?!!? That's not how gift giving works. Marinate on that for a bit.
    • Like x 3
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Best Stuff? :D
    • Like x 1
  15. HarryHell Well-Known Player

I'm entitled to agree to disagree, being snubbed for being loyal gives you whining privileges in my opinion.
    Back from the hack was a different matter, have nothing to do with this. The loyal good customers should end up on top everytime, everyone with some understanding about buisness knows that.

It wouldn't if done right, if it can't be done right it shouldnt be done at all, would basically work as the subs you buy off PSN (haven't bought for PC or Xbox but I'm imagining it's simular.
    If it would shift payment days and some couldn't handle that, they could add it as something you yourself decides when to activate, far from impossible. I dont see that as a problem anyways as payment days shift every month with 31 days and february. It would just give you another 20 days to save up your money.

So imo payment for all should be shifted 20 days, mine is feb 4th, should be feb 24th now. And what about those whos subs ran out in nov and dec? why aren't they getting anything?
  16. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Sure seems entitled, so I guess you got that right. Trying to bring back old costumers is good for business, you still got a gift. You don't like it? Bummer. I don't like most of WHAT I PAY FOR because they're half ugly styles I'll never use and 47895348 emblems I'll never use with chest styles coming out that don't even have emblem slots yet I'm not in this much of an uproar. It's a damn gift, take it or leave it just don't act like you're owed everything because guess what? Nobody owes you s**t.
    • Like x 2
  17. Sugr Bear Committed Player

This is actually a good point, I would love the batman inspired mask but I didn't have a PS or PC back then so I don't get it. Different people get different stuff that's how it works.
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Payment days do not shift, have been a subscriber for over 12 years, and the payment date was always the same: you are not paying for a set number of days, you are paying for that month (actually the only time the date might change, is if you started your payments on the 31st or the 29th)

The people who allowed their sub to run out, they don't get anything because they stopped paying after the date DBG decided on, yeah, it sucks, but that's just the way it is, it's like shopping daily at your favourite store, and then stop going for three weeks and when you do go back, found out you missed out on a week-long promotional offer where everything was 75% off with free goodies just for buying something. Are they entitled to anything? No
    • Like x 3
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And that mask is only available to the characters who were affected, not the account, like the past Anniversary posters: characters who were created at that time got them, those created after (even one day after) don't
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately I can't find the old forum posts from previous anniversaries...but I can tell you one thing though, there was a lot of ingratitude then as there is now. People always complain about anything and everything...but it's especially sad when they're complaining about free gifts.

Last year we got the Anniversary event and free skip to 100cr tokens. There was a lot of crying that we didn't get anything physical like in the past besides the posters. This year they give us emblems and the re-textured Dark Spectre Batsuit (nice improvement in my opinion), and here we are with people being unhappy with their free gifts.

If we get "nothing" people get outraged and disappointed, if get something it's "we couldn't we get something like the past stuff". I still remember the cries of disappointment when we got those anniversary cake trinkets...now people want those again. o_O

I tell ya one thing...doesn't matter what year it is, these forums never fail to entertain with the silliness when it comes to free gifts. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.