Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulAndrew Active Player

If all else fails, put in a ticket. Maybe someone will help. Hope you can get your stuff, bud.
  2. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

It might be a bug because I saw that I collected both the style and the plans for it but it’s not appearing on my style.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This probably isn't relevant, but are your sure it was the back you collected? You have the enhanced plans for the back?
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Yes I collected the enhanced version I just need to create it in the RND. You wouldn’t be able to get it if you didn’t open the free paradox time capsule. The free paradox time capsule comes with the regular back piece and the enhanced plans.
    • Like x 2
  5. PaulAndrew Active Player

I'm just upset because I paid for an extra two months of membership, now I can't qualify for the free one and get the amazing free stuff. All because my membership ended in December instead of October. All because I supported this game till the end of the 2017 year... C'mon lol. Sorry, but this is wild. Now I unfortunately will be able to get nothing but a retextured T2 spectre suit, when people that probably haven't even supported the game in months or years(and may not even renew after this event) are getting seriously ridiculously awesome stuff only available till the end of this month...
    I'm just going to try and leave it be there. Just don't understand this. Hope y'all enjoy the event.
    • Like x 1
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

You're not the only one disappointed my friend.
    • Like x 4
  7. PaulAndrew Active Player

Yeah, I just don't get the thinking behind this. Why not just give free membership to those up until Dec 31st at the very least? October though? Just really seems like they're banking on the more dedicated members to just suck it up and buy and renew their membership again. Instead of just being reasonable and giving those that stuck through with them till the end of 2017 some awesome stuff too. Again, that's what I get for loving and supporting a game I guess. Now that I can't afford it this month and help them profit? Forget a small guy like me, right? Crazy. Just wanted this to be fair. This is a HUGE bummer, man.
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

The date doesn't make any sense considering its before Earth 3 launched. A lot of players would have subbed in November so cutting it off in October isn't making any sense at all.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, actually that's probably why. They want people who haven't experienced Earth 3 yet to try it out, spend replay badges getting caught up, etc. They don't care (from a financial point of view, I mean these "gifts" are always designed, in any business, to entice people to spend something again) about players who are already at end game.
    • Like x 1
  10. PaulAndrew Active Player

Sadly, this makes total sense. Some big anniversary. I was hoping to get back into DCUO again and experience these awesome new things and styles/emblems, but I guess not..
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Hmmm... now I have to decide which character to claim that Batman Armor with. Decisions, decisions...
    • Like x 2
  12. PaulAndrew Active Player

Part of me hopes that if we continue to mention the membership enough and they see it, maybe they'll change something? Yet, I'm not so sure that would happen. Can only hope I guess. Sucks missing out on this.
    • Like x 1
  13. speedster1981 Committed Player

wouldn't it be nice if they would've gave us double currency rewards for all content? because lets face it there's a lot of players that are at the end game content and don't really have much use for marks of victory.

tbh I instead of the batsuit remake they did I would've prefered the superman and batman emblems from BvS and to mix it up they could've added the enhanced versions in the boxes too. In my opinion that would be a million times better than the remade batsuit especially for the legendary members and premiums.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The select membership benefits/time is for lapsed players, to get them back into the game. The batsuit is for everyone. The member gift is another suite of cool things over and above for members. Anyone who wants the member gifts can subscribe and become a member to get them, too.
    • Like x 7
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

BS.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Mepps, wouldn’t it have been better to have offered a discounted membership for all of us to benefit if the goal was to attract old subscribers? Whats been done seems so divisive, and not great PR to me.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if someone who had never subbed went and grabbed a 1 month sub today, they would get the free benefit starting today and the 1 month sub would kick off Feb 1? What about those of us who sub already? Do I get 19 days of free legendary?

Not terrible...but not great either. I know people like to do the 'well they USED to do this...' thing, but last years free DLCs for all during the event was a much better spiff (went for 2 months I think), and honestly might result in more member sales. Here, you are giving someone who used to pay for the membership 19 days of what they already decided they did not want anymore. With the free DLCs to premium/free players you would be maybe enticing users who never felt the content would be worth subbing, a taste of what they would be getting.

Also, I think most loyal members would appreciate exclusive items only for them, like what used to be the Tom Bot, the Skeets trinket, the 1 year anniversary cape, etc... Here we are getting emblems, which i'm guessing will be attainable via other means for all players(if not I guess those are the exclusives and I stand corrected), and some posters(Ok...somewhat cool, though confined to the base), and an open time cap (which basically equals 3 days of running the stabilizer run) ...yippie...makes me feel special.

Not that I don't appreciate the effort. It's always nice to get something for nothing, and I know DBG doesn't need to give us anything extra. Just saying it seems like there was more of an effort in the past in making the members feel somewhat special for their previous months or years of play and loyalty....and a lot of subbing.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  18. Gingatitsn New Player

So my membership ended a little while ago I've spent loads on time capsules as well as buying episodes up to af3 and I don't get a free month membership wtf . All I get is a crappy old style that's been redone a little. That's the final nail in the coffin you can take your crappy suit and piss poor game and shove it were the sun don't shine I'm going to spend my money on neverwinter where at least my membership will give me the equivalent of on staibalizer a day rather than run the same crappy content for 3 days just to get to open a crappy time capsule
    • Like x 2
  19. RLManuel Committed Player

Why would I re-sub for MORE Batman related stuff? I’m really amazed at how much love Batman gets form the DEV’s.

So aug 2014- oct 2017 is the only time frame? Lol that’s sucks, did too many people un-sub after October 2017?

The gifts are “cool” I guess... but not enough to get me to re-sub... I think I’ll wait to see what is planned for 2018 before I re-sub...

If there are no major graphic changes or much needed UI changes, I’m pretty sure I’ll be done...
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. This is specifically described in the fine print. Purchasing a membership today simply begins your membership today, like any other day.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.