Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This at first ticked me off. But then I thought; I don't have to open these things up on 20 toons.
    Also most of my toons are parked. I don't want to level them up. Getting a bunch of undeletable gear would be a horror.
    And I was also thinking how many how many skill points does an alt need anyway; especially since most instances are clamped.
    So please give us less stuff; except maybe new trinkets.
    Those I'd like on all my alts.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Pinocchio is the wooden boy who's nose grows when he lies, that .gif is basically him attempting to lie, without the nose given him away :D

Doesn't really have anything to do (directly) with the quoted post it was attached with, other than an example of twisted speech that made the .gif poster's head spin
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If they were just styles (like the Flush sCowl), would that be okay? (not being sarcastic)
    Butt again, if they were for all characters, then you could be free to not /claim them on some of your characters, personally have no intent on ever replicating an establish DC character, so would only /claim if it was for all (like the aforementioned Flush sCowl)
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Only one character gets the regular-sized poster. What's up with that?
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, was just going to say: why did they go from giving every character 2 posters (non-tradable, lair and league hall sized) to only one character getting a lair sized poster? o_O
    Don't care if it is Account Bound if only one character can actually stick it up in their bathroom?
  6. HarryHell Well-Known Player

If you sub in past this is what you get:

"Member Gifts

Starting today, Members can claim a unique Member Box containing a suite of emblems modeled after Metal, the current special series from DC Comics, in-game posters of Earth 3’s epic Superman vs. Ultraman art, and an already-unlocked Paradox Time Capsule! We are especially proud of how the emblems turned out, and hope you will enjoy this tie-in to the ongoing comic.

[Gifts can be claimed once per account. Must log in by January 31, 2018.]"

So emblems and base items vs a full month sub? I know what I would prefer. This isn't like "open episodes", as that only gives non subscribers access to episodes up to but not included newest one. This is giving them full sub, 20 days worth of the about 13 dollars or whatever in USD it cost for a montly sub.

To quote Jack Ryder: "YOU ARE WRONG"

Getting previous subscribers to come back is good, but it's not evenly divided for the ones who have subbed the last months. The loyals and current subscirbers get emblems and base items, the people who don't put money into the game get money worth of easy access. I my opionion they could give every current and past subscribers those 20 days, making the current and recent customers happy, and a happy customer is a good customer.

On top of it all, the gifts are one per account, meaning the worth of it is even less.
    • Like x 4
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

*BZZ* Try again, that post you quoted was in response to someone claiming that loyal subs basically got screwed

Personally would rather have a free month versus items will never claim ($25 may not be much, but when you don't have much to start with getting it back is worth a lot more than virtual items you will never see)
  8. Pouncers New Player

Can The Consistent Members (Legendary) Get Some Extra Benefits Or Marks, Auras, Increased Discounts On Marketplace Items Or Currency. Something
  9. Pouncers New Player

And some of us act like we collect checks from DCUO
  10. Pouncers New Player

And the people before that
    And the people who keep a constant membership
  11. Pouncers New Player

Free To Play Talk
    • Like x 2
  12. JokerinaBR New Player

Great Hera! just going to ignore all the talk about the gifts and say Happy Birthday :):):p
    • Like x 3
  13. Cjmd74 Active Player

Yeah, well I let mine lapse, so I thought, when I read it, I was eligible. I read it wrong.
  14. Cjmd74 Active Player

Seems like they wanna try & get former players back or in some of the other offers keep nonpaying around longer, yet, they throw trinkets & baubles & "ooh, shiny" stuff to quiet the paying critics. Hmm. Idk. Seems like it's more money efficient to just play premium. Just my opinion.
  15. Luthor31 Level 30

Wow! Thank you!
    Internally fangirling! I posted this to my wall & a friends!
    I cannot properly articulate all the "Thank Yous" I want to give! This is Awesome!
    • Like x 4
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, no worries, didn't mean to come across as an arze
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

thats what they should have done , because that sub was supported the game ,
    • Like x 1
  18. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Loyal subs are getting screwed, unless you LOVE emblems and posters. By doing this Daybreak more or less say: "because YOU subbed during the last 3 months, you will get less"
    If DCUO were a show on the radio, they would call everyone not listening to them, but did a long time ago and give them $10, at the same time give the ones who were listening to them and kept the show running, som free burnt cd's with a few songs on that people in general do not like, or only partially like, with no resale value.
    Ergo: loyals=screwed

Agreed

(btw i did a little edit to my original post after you quoted it apperantly, a month is corrected to 20 days)

Edit: It's all probably me misunderstanding you, my poins still stand though :p
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Well, depends on why they are 'loyal': is it because they like the game? or because they expect free gifts?
    First one is true loyalty, with the second, they are only 'loyal' because, well, they are expecting a gratuityYou can usually tell which one someone is by how they react to offers like this

And just for the record, personally feel the 'loyals' are getting the better deal, it just doesn't appeal to me being 'opa' and will remain, probably forever, in the unclaimed file, along with everything else like the AquaDork emblem (the one's who haven't subbed for three months, are only getting the 20 day free-sub, they are not getting both)
    • Like x 1
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Lol. been paying a sub since day one. Nice try though.

I just understand that the presents under the tree that aren't marked with my name on it aren't mean't for me, and I don't act like a spoiled child when I unwrap mine and find I like what someone else got better.

You all could use a dose of reality.

The reality is, you never lost out on anything, because you weren't entitled to it in the first place.

It was a gift, meant for someone else.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.