Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. King Smoker Well-Known Player

so on live ive tested at cr200 so far GS on single target with 2nd fury i get 100-120k dmg. on 3 targets im get 170k-190k.
    on 3 targets without 2nd fury 110k-115k. on single target without 2nd fury 62k-70k all these were done while also using offering off cooldown.

single target im getting 68k-73k no second fury. on 3 targets im get 110-120k no offering being used since not have fury in loadout.
  2. L T Devoted Player

No. Fury isn't might based, and doesn't affect your might.
    Grand summoning, if you don't do anything and just let your pets attack on their own, does fairly weak damage for a 100% super. It only does really strong damage when you have a second Fury and use offering a lot.
    When I tested, unpowered Fury, Crystal, and Robot Sidekick all did about the same average damage. At one point the Watcher did the same damage, but that was changed and I didn't retest after that update.
  3. The Game Well-Known Player

So what are people running as far as DPS goes? Pet loadouts? Non pet loadouts? Might? Weapon?

I might change my weapon to dual weild since I'm hearing that's the best weapon. Hand blasters are still good as far as range goes.

I was thinking of swapping GS for neo venom
  4. 478874 Dedicated Player

It appears after quite a bit of testing that the COD bad karma last twelve seconds. However, the graphic FX of bad karma wears off after nine seconds.

The other thing to keep in mind with the Sorcery pets is that Guardian often gets between its master and the target, as it seeks to tank. This becomes problematic with Soul Barrage and Soul Storm, as Guardian will absorb these attacks before they reach the intended targets. The fury AI will also at times place itself in the way, but not as frequently as Guardian.

I know some mentioned this is precisely the reason why they won't use Soul Barrage or Soul Storm. It is just something to keep in mind for that those that do with Summons, as this will result in a massive loss in DPS.
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

478874! One of the few original contributors to this Sorcery thread when it was ported from PS3 forum to the new forum.

Yeah, I tried it out again. PI effect still there but no graphic FX for visual confirmation.

Still sucks. Sorcery players (as well as Earth players) always could depend on the double tick in COD (or Debris Field in the case of Earth) for visual confirmation of the PI being applied, and on what targets.

For Fury users, if you are in melee range, and have to respawn Fury cos it died, but you want to reposition, please respawn, reposition and then start your attacks.

But if you respawn, then attack (either pftt or WM combos) then reposition to avoid incoming damage from skull attack, sometimes the Fury is still attacking targets and not moving to follow you.

For Soul Barrage users or even Soul Storm or Soul Bolt users, being Flight helps with direct line of sight to avoid collision issues of projectiles hitting friendlies.

I mentioned previously that for those using Soul Barrage, please do jump clipping. Do note that jump clipping is unavailable while mid-air for Flight users, but available if on the ground with movement mode turned off. For Acrobatics and Superspeed, jump clipping is always available, just to shave that tiny few frames so you can move forward and chase that DPS top spot by getting to targets faster, or to reposition in anticipation of boss skull attack.
    • Like x 1
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

For Weapons-centered players of any powerset not just sorcery, consider using a PvE breakout trinket for clipping.

If you are using Bow Smoke Bomb Mastery or Dual Wield Explosive Shot Mastery, typically you are doing
    Mastery Combo then Power A clipped with Weapon Buff.
    Mastery Combo then Power B.
    Mastery Combo then Power C.....
    Mastery Combo then Power A clipped with Weapon Buff.

Using Bow Smoke Bomb Mastery or Dual Wield Explosive Shot Mastery, you get to hit your powers 4 times before Weapon Buff is ready to be used.

If you use a slower WM combo like HB Explosive Shot Mastery, you get only 2 shots before you have to refresh your Weapon Buff.

If you use a Pve breakout trinket for clipping, you can clip any two powers together, but the first power to be clipped cannot involve a cast time bar. Eg you can do WM Combo then Offering clipped with breakout trinket then hit Shard of Life. You skip Offering animation and just do the Shard of Life animation.

Doing this allows you to do one more rotation of WM combo + Power X, before you have to refresh the Weapon Buff.
    • Like x 2
  7. toast Well-Known Player

cr 120
    sp 177
    PFTT build - 20/40/00/109
    1pt into flight and 7pts into HB : i like scissor kick
    power - 8152
    might - 5817

mix of zonewalker and paramilitary event gear, escalating might, core strength and max dmg tac mods, no stat mods

loadout karmic suspension, shard, s-bolt, transmutation, s-barrage/s-storm, boon

rotation order - karmic suspension > shard > s-bolt > transmutation > s-barrage/s-storm > repeat
    I can get 5 rotations in before im out of power.

s-barrage's animation seems to transition back into karmic suspension a little smoother than s-storm by a small margin but if timed right s-storm works just as well. however with s-barrage i was getting 81.5 - 83.5K and with s-storm I was getting 80 - 81k.
    this was on 8 dummies @ around a 33s parse.

if someone could test and post the numbers for this at max level I would appreciate it.
  8. L T Devoted Player

Only use karmic suspension with a supercharge.

More skill points spent in flight are probably worth it. There's a home turf feet mod that let's you regen power really fast.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I know you tested things on test, but I'm not sure the same numbers made it to live. You should recheck the before posting info like this. Currently, robot sidekick is the best pet. Crystal would be the second, and then fury. I know people are stuck in the old way of doing things, but offering or the earth power to the pet and your pet together equal damage loss, period. I tried running just fury without offering. This is how I ran with earth, it was horrible. Replacing fury with robot sidekick and adding another power in place of offering will up your damage. Sorcery is still a very underperforming power, but trying to reply on fury will not help.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not sure if the super charge generator is worth it man. When I play atomic, or super ppwer focused. I build my super charge just find without it. When I try and use it with weapons focused, it's lack of damage and still not filling my super charge any faster. I've used it and swapped it out for transmute. No difference. I get the same amount of neo venom super charges off.
  11. L T Devoted Player

Yeah it's going to be very instance and group dependent. You may very well be better off most times with transmutation-- which doesn't hit that hard but has a quick animation-- as opposed to karmic with weak damage and a long one.

My main point in my original post was that karmic suspension is hands down a big damage loss if you don't use a supercharge at all.
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Is it just me or is our supercharge generator animation the longest out of just about every other powerset?
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's At least 2 seconds.
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Everything in sorcery is a damage loss. And is it me or does karmic backlash only hit if your literally on top of people. What's the radius, 1m?
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yep. And powers like earth can use theirs to clip other powers. Would be great if sorcery could use theirs as a clip.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I get that, but what I'm saying, it doesn't really add more super charge power, or at least, not enough to make up for the damage loss. Again, atomic tank without using it and can do 1 SC per boss plus 1 or two more in the hallways on NPCs with no SCG. Not sure it really works or pays off in the long run.
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Use breakout trinket for pftt. You can like hit Transmutation clip with breakout trinket then hit soul barrage to skip the transmutation animation.

Use it for healer load out as well.

Breakout trinket cool down is 60 secs I think, or 4 casts of Cod/Cop/soul well.

Breakout trinket should have been fixed like not clipping. So just use it till u can't.

Consider using rifle tap clipping for pftt dps for extra spa.

Consider using Heat Vision during boss fights. E.g. Hit Cod then Heat Vision jump clip then hit your powers then end with Heat vision full channel. Heat Vision is 3 secs channel at 150 base power cast per sec with 3 secs cool down. One of the hardest hitting single target powers atm. Or use Heat Vision in the adds phase and jump clip. It's like a single target Fear Gas jump clip.

Basically gotta use every trick available or use iconic powers to keep up. This is kinda like old school Sorc dps. Utility belts when it came out were a godsend for Sorc spa for clipping our powers.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Retested last night. You're correct: Fury is lagging RS by about 12% unpowered now.

Powering fury is worth about 1-1.5k DPS at cr166 against multiple targets. That means you're probably correct about it being a DPS loss also.

Grand Summoning remains unchanged from my last test.
  19. LustingPower New Player

For those running Neo Venom Boost., are you noticing a considerable difference. I have tried it and never saw much of a difference. Ran with it in KCT and did not see a difference from when i was using it and wasn't using it. I amusing it in a hybrid loadout

Weapon of Destiny - Offering - Summon: Fury - Shards of Life - Karmic Suspension - SC (Baleful or Neo Venom)
    Using brawling but swtiching to two hand when i get the chance.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not so much on yellow numbers, or might, but yes on white numbers, or precision numbers.