Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Is GS doing 100-150k for you with another fury? I got it to 65k once, but I'm being told It's doing 100-150k without a second fury
  2. L T Devoted Player

You have to be careful how you test Grand Summoning. If my Fury is doing 2k DPS then that's 60K damage over 30 seconds. If I bring out Grand Summoning and it does 150K with 2 furies, the supercharge itself is really only doing 90K damage-- since my original Fury would have done it's 60K with or without the GS. Plus, I'm casting Offering instead of doing other things.

I'm not trying to say it's not a really good Supercharge. But you have to watch claims of Monster damage, because they're not exactly true.
    • Like x 3
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I noticed that you don't have fury in your loadout.

So if/when it dies how does the rotation stack up?

Edit: I tried to duplicate having fury out without him being in my load out but he goes away every time. Was that just a glitch?
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

May have gotten fixed with the hotfix the other day

5. 478874 Dedicated Player

6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry fellow sorcery players. I'm done. They aren't changing or fixing anything.
    • Like x 3
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

A further note on people using the Breakout trinket for clipping.

Avoid clipping a PI applicator and a PI leverager together eg. Transmutation + Soul Barrage. Cipped too fast, the Soul Barrage might hit the target which is not yet tagged by Transmutation to apply the Bad Karma power interaction.

A good idea for weapons-centered builds is to do Power X clipped with Weapon of Destiny clipped with PI applicator like Karmic Suspension or Soul Siphon. This ensures your targets are tagged with the Bad Karma interaction first. Thus, if the targets move away or are moved by the Tank or encased by the Controller, you don't have to wait to apply the Bad Karma first.

And for the pet running with no offering, if you are ranging bosses, Fury is better. If you are meleeing adds, RSK is better.
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Easy. No, no hotfix yet.

Equip Fury in your loadout. Summon Fury. Hit an armory loadout with no Fury. Fury stays and continues until it dies. Even if you zone from the League Hall to the Watchtower, Fury stays out. Power regeneration penalty still applies.

Same thing cannot be done with RSK.
  9. L T Devoted Player

That seems like an exploit that will be fixed soon. Wouldn't bother with it.
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Its not super game-breaking.

At melee weapons-centered, RSK is superior, but this method cannot be used for RSK, so no issue. Plus, at melee, pets can die too easily.
    At range pftt, Fury is superior. Sure, this way, you can add an extra dot power like COD or Soul Well. But, its not going to dramatically increase your dps at adds which die too fast. So adding a shield for extra protection is better.
    At range, for bosses, yes an extra dot will add a nice amount of damage, but again, its not going to fully gain back the ground lost on adds because of the limited range pftt options due to the unpredictability of projectiles.
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorcery is screwed. I don't see them fixing it because it can hit the baseline on the dummy. In content outside of ideal situations, it's a bottom feeder
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

Out of dull-witted curiosity, what specs / load-outs / rotations have you guys been running?

Testing appears to indicate that the Guardian does more approximately 10% damage than Fury on multi-targets over multiple and consecutive 30-second parses, when the sorcery player is at range and without the use of Offering. Maybe someone else could confirm or dispute these findings.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They are listed over the last few pages.
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Never looked at Guardian's range attacks. But since Guardian is using Brawling weapon, Brawling Weapon currently hit hardest on the Hold Range attack.

Maybe Guardian is better at range.
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I've tried everything. Best I get is baleful, circle, storm barrage bolt, final ruin/ karmic suspension. I can average about 13.5k second with that on the dummy.

16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Oops, maybe I wasn't clear. Guardian melees no matter what, so it appears that it deals more regular damage than fury (based on the testing parameters) even when the player character plays from range.
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I noticed this also, mentioned it a page or 2 back.

18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Would be kinda irritating to resummon everytime it dies.
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I only play sorcery so when it sucks I don't play.

I've tried a lot of different thing. I haven't tried weapon mastery though. I'm about at the point where I'll just stop playing.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The red lantern Corp is looking for new recruits. ;)