Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I seen good things about the neo venom move, try that in the non pet loadout and see how it goes
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I only carry the pet because I'm playing weapon focused. I don't really like AMs, I mean PftT.
  3. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

Because mostly of the moves that can get blocked by players? I usually am in the air fighting so they don't get blocked

But if this new loadout I'm trying doesn't work well then I will go weapon focused
  4. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

Ok so I was testing with my pftt loadout and I found soul siphon was hitting hard and I liked it better than trans. Not sure if anyone else tried that?
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Used your battle heal loadout as a base and adapted it for Pvp. Made me realise COP is not worth it at that high base power cost. Soul Well is a more power efficient HoT.

Yeah, lol. Still pvping until I can't take anymore. But I used Transmute and Soul Bolt at first, but swapped to Soul Siphon and Soul Bolt. Soul Siphon seems to net better heals overall.

Soul Siphon, Rejuvenate, Soul Well, Soul Bolt, Boon of Souls, Arbiter of Destiny. Though I might swap out Arbiter for Transcendence.
  6. King Smoker Well-Known Player

on live with second fury im hitting 100k-120k have not tested it without second fury. my might is 15835
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

I'm going to try it out today
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your might does not dictate furys damage. Pets are still CR based.
    • Like x 1
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Yeah I found cop to be useless as well. In my pure healer loadout I use SW for my hot too. By itself it's nearly as strong as circle but add in the 2nd one and it's stronger but with much better range. Shard still works great as the tank heal.

I honestly haven't tried syphon yet for healing but it's on my to do list. Kinda turned off by the 6 tick max based on incoming hits though

10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I'm not sure if true or not but I heard somewhere that fury uses 30% of your might. And and I meant to tell you, try guardian for you pet loadoutt when not using offering. His super hit is weaker than fury obviously but his regular hits are pretty strong. I haven't gotten around to doing a weapon focused build yet but I'm curious is his added CC will make it better considering the small difference in damage when not supplying power

11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Really, dang. Haven't seen that anywhere. Not sure if the though, unless crystal doesn't. My buddy is earth, he plays without the power to the pet also, cause crystal isn't A lot better.

It's hard to tell with no stats.
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Same power cost 200, same cooldown 3 secs.

Both perform same function. Soul Siphon hits harder, but slower animation.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If you are seeing that, must be because Guardian uses Brawling.

Brawling regular taps hit harder.
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yeah. 2 Soul Wells cost 400 base power cost, still cheaper than COP at 450 base power cost.

I think all the healer powerset 450 base power cost moves are not power efficient.
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Obviously furys super does more damage. But when I was using fury without offering his weapon attacks are 180-280ish. Guardians weapon attack was ranging 480-580 plus he would be knocking adds around

16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yeah my point. Since you are talking about using pet with no offering, the pet is left to attack with weapon attacks only.

Guardian uses Brawling, and Brawling as a weapon type hits harder. Regular melee taps.

If you are using pet without offering to use as a constant small dot, perhaps better to use Robot Sidekick. Robot Sidekick.

In terms of weapon attacks, Robot Sidekick > Guardian > Fury > Watcher. Robot sidekick melee attacks hit hard, like really hard compared to Sorcery's pets. More detailed info on Robot Sidekick along with other Iconic Powers can be found at this hyperlink.
  17. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

So are we suggesting to use fury with offering in our loadout or use guardian with an extra power move in our loadout?
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I'm suggesting people try

19. King Smoker Well-Known Player

cr 200
  20. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I have been trying it so far. I like the guardian in the way he kinda helps take the Aggro for you. But however it was taking me awhile to kill adds, especially in the duo