WE DON'T WANT PLAYERS, WE WANT FRIENDS!

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Hemmy, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabiOpal New Player

Hello to Reyen and all the Origin Guardians.
    At this point in time I simply have 1 question as even though I am a level 10 I'm still getting my feet wet.
    I am wondering can people with a PC account interact with people with a PS account or are they two totally different creatures?

Your guild DOES sound just what I am looking for the only drawback is that I do not own any consoles or games, just the old fashioned PC... gosh does that sound archaic or what? As I said I am level 10 and I am pretty sure I am learning enough to make it to 30. for me, not knowing anyone in game... most my guildies from EQ2 have all kinda wandered away.
    I would LOVE to have Friends in game even if it's just someone to chat with or ask a question about something.
    OK I tend to be VERY wordy in my posts, I am sorry for the ramble... Thanks for being here and I really hope we can find a way to at least be friends even with different systems. Take care and
    HAPPY GAMING!
    GabiOpal
    PS see my post in The Official "I'm looking for a league" thread

PPS one last question, I have a magic character still stuck on the ship she is mental and uses hand blast as her "weapon" how does she defeat them darn jumping critters?
  2. Hemmy Committed Player

Actually I was thinking of addressing this rather soon, regardless of whether someone asked it or not.

I would love to have you in the league but unfortunately people from PC cannot interact with those on PS. However, that might change in the future with the implementation of cross-play (explained further by clicking that link) Hopefully one day it will be fully implemented so we can accept everyone on the US continent and I can still play with everyone while I'm travelling as I also have characters on PC which have fallen behind simply because I have no one to play with on that platform :(

Tell you what, add Akayna to your friends list on PC and whenever I'm on, give me a holler and we can play together there. I have the name Origin Guardians reserved there too so maybe we can be the first to venture onto the PC side of the game from the league? Who knows but yeah that does kinda limit our options in playing together on a regular basis. I hope to see you around though and hope that even this compromise seems okay to you.

lol in response to your last question, you have to block as they are jumping at you and their shields will disappear. I've probably played that mini-tutorial more times than I can count. :p
  3. GabiOpal New Player

Hello Reyen, my name is Mynxx (aka Tarkaro) I am having a blast playing this character she is mind power but uses her hands as her weapons....pretty neat! I am only a lvl 3 right now but hey who knows what will happen in ...27 levels LOL
    If you will add Tarkaro and Mynxx to your friends list on PC I will add Akayna ( I am still going to add Reyen as well since you have it due to the opps in naming situations, it should still be yours even on PC If nothing else we can Email back and forth until I reach your requirements... I hope you read my post in the other forum (from Tarkaro) and like what you saw even if we dont make a good fit league-wise it would still be nice to have a freind (or two out there. oh and feel free to have any of your fellow PC players friend me as well as the saying goes the more the merrier!
    Gabi aka Mynxx aka Tarkaro
  4. Hemmy Committed Player

Okay well thanks for the input? What about friends that all play the game with you? in either case I don't really think you'd make the best fit :p
  5. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Totally off topic, but nice CM Punk quote there... I think. xD
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

That sounds good. I'll actually be going away for the long weekend and so I'll be exclusively found on the USPC side for a while. A good excuse to start huh? I hope to see you there!

PS seeing as how I recently got the name in the name reclaim I'm going to be using the character "Hemmy" and I hope you see this as akayna will now fall to the back burner for a good while.
  7. SatuValentine New Player

Mwuhahahahaha my take over will be swift and easy! I mean ....*cough* I just saw this today because I normally do not go on the forum but since Reyen is away I decided to try and keep track of it for him. Honestly I am glad you think of it that way because I love contributing to a community not a dictator. Also much easier to rule you tiny mortals! I mean...... *cough* Be apart of a team!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to message on the forum or in game I will be keeping track of both this weekend while I slowly take over THE WORLD!
  8. Hemmy Committed Player

Now that I'm officially worried about my choice of promotions, I might as well mention to anyone that's even remotely interested among the 5 people that will read this, that I'll be playing the game on the PC side while I'm away. You can contact me by sending a message to either Akayna or Hemmy, in game if you feel like hanging out for a bit.
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

As I understand the mechanics of the game, a pc player (as of right now) cannot interact with a PS player at all. This unfortunately includes messaging and adding to friends.
  10. Shell Top New Player

Hey guys, my name is Aaron, I'm 30, mature, have a mic, and my character is level 30 with a 49 CR to be exact.

I got DCUO when it first came out for ps3, played it for a little, but while getting a PS4 is when I've put int he most time. I just been a lonely player and think joining a league will help that. In the past when I first played I was in a small league, and had a great time, and it's what I would like to find again.

I'm more interested in playing with people I get along with over people with the same CR and bad attitudes. To me this is all about just having fun, helping others or being helped and finding a close knit community. I come from a competitive gaming background, but as I got older I just enjoy having fun with the games I play now a days. Would love to hear back from you guys and answer any questions needed.

PSN: Sumawtf
    DCUO: Shell Top

or if you want me to contact you, I can do that as well.
  11. Hemmy Committed Player

In the past, I would usually contact players but we seem to have a larger amount of people trying to get ahold of us recently (even a copy league if you can believe it.) so contacting myself (Reyen) or Satu Valentine in game is the best way to contact us. Can't wait to hear from you!

There seems to be quite a bit of symmetry between what you're looking for and what we can offer. We're sometime a little goofy but we all know each other and we do work well together. We should be on most of the day and for the parts we aren't you should be able to leave us some mail and we'll reply ASAP!
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

Welcome to everyone who's joined recently!

I wanted to make a quick update regarding the recent changes that took place. I've made soldier and frosty able to edit almost everything in the league. They don't really come on the forums but if you see them in game or have any questions and can't get a hold of satu or I then shoot them a line.
  13. GabiOpal New Player

Thanks Dazz, I never realized it was a CM Punk thing, I always have used it or something close to it... maybe thats where I got it...dunno but it's TRUE!
  14. Hemmy Committed Player

I can't remember where I posted it originally but unfortunately my friends list is rather large and now being the "leader" of the league I constantly seem to have people sending me tells and messages I have to respond to. For those that ask me to mail them in game, I'd prefer it to work the other way around because honestly if I did that for everyone who asked me, it would take two hours. It's much easier and effiecient on everyone involved if I can simply receive mail from you and then respond in game.
  15. GabiOpal New Player

Hello Reyen, this is Tarkaro, we spoke before...the only mail I have sent ar via the pc version to the name you gave me. one is from Tarkaro, the other From Mynxx and I did add you as a friend to both those names.
    I know your busy and don't wish to bother you (we can't cross platform chat anyway as far as I know except MAYBE through email and I don't even know IF that works.
    Take care and happy Gaming!
    Gabi
  16. Hemmy Committed Player

I've seen your mail and have added you to my friends list on PC. As you said, I seem to be busier than usual and don't have as much time as I'd like to play on both platforms. We cannot communicate through mail (between platforms) as I understand it, and won't be able to until the server merge. When I do play on PC and I see you on, I'll drop you a line, but until then our interaction might be very minimal. If you find yourself able to play on a console then drop me a line!

Until then,
    Hemmy
  17. GabiOpal New Player

I am definitely hoping to be able to get a PS soon (maybe income tax return?) and at least a mic (and the game of course) I would also need to get a tv since we only have one and hubs tends to monopolize that. I know it would be a bit of an expense (until the (alledged) merger) But I REALLY want to hang out with folks and maybe ask for a coach on things...heck it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to get out of the watchtower and I still ended up in the wrong location I am also starting to get missions and stuff that require more than 1 player to complete which is a bummer since I want to advance and level up and doing those I know would help. Yeah I'm still Level 10 :( anyhow when you can, if you can feel free to drop me a line from the PC players you have.

Take care and Happy Gaming!
    Gabi
  18. Hemmy Committed Player

A little piece of advice: just do the single player story missions. The last one will bump you to the level cap (30) regardless of what level you are before that. Besides, lvl 30 is when the REAL game begins.
  19. GabiOpal New Player

Thanks for the advice... I have several "missions" that require 2-4 person group so I have not been able to do those anyway, I hate being a newb because aside for those, I'm not sure what to do, Sure there are a couple I can repeat, like arresting Falcone's hoods but right now I am on one where I am supposed to use a generator in my new base I have done so but it still tells me to use it, I was tired last evening so maybe I will catch on and figure it out today.

Again thanks for the tip, I have a couple that are like, I said are higher level than I so I don't think I can do those as I'm not sure if there is a minimum level requirement. I did notice one IS level 30 so I will definitely steer clear of that one!
  20. Hemmy Committed Player

You don't need to do any that require more than yourself and I'm sure you can search up on youtube a walkthrough on the missions you may get stuck on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.