The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Dark said the following:

-He's aware of the bug and that's why he has TEST in the title of the video.
    -He didn't want the Lantern to stay inactive because he wanted to see it active.
    -Also the V-Lanterns except Vexers sometimes do physically attack controllers. (I myself can confirm this)
    -He has a bug video to show you so you could maybe repost.
    -According to Spytle...the fact that they stand around is part of their mechanic and that we are supposed to control them with weapon powers and counters not just 1 power and stun (I can confirm this as well since Spytle taught me this too and I figured how to CC them as Hardlight)
    -Sometimes the V-Lanterns do ignore the controller (which doesn't always happen), the decoy is there to keep the lantern occupied with him and so that it doesn't run over to the group with a debuff or an attack. And decoy stuns as well.
    -He also said that what you are talking about are random ceases in fighting which Spytle said is part of their AI but Dark isn't sure if that's exactly what he means.

If anyone wants to contact TheDark...you can do so temporarily for now at Youtube and he will respond when he can.
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

3. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I answered it above lol. It was mainly a way to get 2 or 3 WM into the 2 handed WM > Clip > AM Burst rotation. I was in the process of deciding if it would help increase my dps before the update hit so my testing is on hold or probably cancelled.

I've moved on to focusing on brawling WM due to how it is the best to take advantage of damage buffs and being able to get burst damage out faster than using the AM, but I do use stealth and distract.
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I must have missed it.

For me, it's not worth doing WM in between if you're doing AM. As for 2h, I try not to promote it due to it not being declared as legit yet.
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I PMed mepps about it awhile ago asking whats the official ruling on it and haven't got a response. Until I do or they say it's not intended I'm going to look at it as the benchmark for how weapons should behave. Effective by itself, clipping and using WM. Pretty much what they said DPS should be in their GU36 announcements
    • Like x 2
  6. chipzes Committed Player

Since the 2h clip might or might not be intended I have been trying out Bow in hopes of finding a similarly effective weapon clipping AM rotation with Explosive Shot. To compare I used a basic 3PI+Distract+EMP rotation.
    With 2h I got to around 12-13k multi-target DPS in max gear. Bow went up to slightly above 11k which does seem alright to me if I assume 2h isn't intended.
    However, due to the trigger for Explosive Shot it is way harder to pull off consistently, just missing a split second in timing or not having the camera pointed exactly at target could make the attack fail, put out a Long Draw or even move my character forward instead. Also, even with the short Gauss, Napalm, Sticky Bomb animations I still had to leave out the clip once in the rotation to still be in the PI timeframe for EMP - though this might be fixable by using different PIs and practicing Explosive Shot clip timing.
    Anyway, I didn't get around to try this thoroughly in larger group content yet, but in solos and duos it does give me hope that my original weapon of choice might still be good for some clipping after all! (Or it might be complete trash, I mean to find out) :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Who else is excited with the decrease in attention gadgets will get with the next update?! I find it quite annoying that people can't wrap their minds around the concept of D.P.S. They just see EMP and complain... not accounting for how long it takes to get an EMP off. I'll be happy to be left alone again for the most part =)
    • Like x 6
  8. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

I believe the next big QQ will be "Nerf Hardlight, it's too OP"

With that being said I will be the first to post in our forum (a trend setter, yes, I know)

NERF HARDLIGHT THEIR RANGE COMBOS ARE OP!

=)
    • Like x 1
  9. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Me. I'm so glad. I just hope that they release munitions when they do the quantum revamp that way there's still things needing to be compared and the nerf criers aren't unified so much.
  10. Terri Ashra Committed Player

It's actually Ice, but only because they have the power return tied to cold snap rather than needing to hit a target. I think they successfully identified what the problem is for fire and are using it to make ices AM :)
  11. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Very true! We have been ganged-up on so much the past few months... it's been quite the nuisance.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

You're so right!

In fact I've already created a YouTube channel, made opening banner - 63K Minigun - HL is OP and picked out a Techno song.
    All I have left to do is record the video. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Hardlight is not OP. Miniguns is a channeled power that has an animation that lasts over 5 seconds and you are vulnerable to interrupt. Hell any combo after 4 seconds and you're pretty much doomed to counters and interrupts. Hardlight does not have any strong DoTs and so we have to rely on burst powers/combos to make up for the lack of DoTs (Our strongest DoT is pretty much equal to the Burning DoT from Gadgets). And I ran the base numbers and Miniguns and Lightblast hit for what they are supposed to...the only way to get something like 63k is with a Soder, Trinket, Inspiration, the prec Neck Mod, and a Supply Drop. Of course any power/combo can hit that hard especially if you gave the power all those buffs.
  14. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I wish I had PC test so I could make a side by side by side comparison vid of Hl ice and gadgets
  15. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

I know. I was making a sarcastic joke.

• Like x 2
  16. Byren Well-Known Player

as a short-time (and prob) temporary member of the gadgets club (switched while waiting for the mental AM), i'd like to ask a favor of some of the gadgets players with access to the test server: could you please do some tests/try to figure out/etc for mental?
  17. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I think they just need to add a construct and some dots to Light and then the devs could change lights AM from combos to Everything.
  18. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Let's keep this more towards the guide rather then jumping from a few off topic outside of gadgets.

So I guess we moving on from emp base damage
    • Like x 1
  19. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Yeah, currently a few people are trying to get a damage increase to P Dart.EMP is still getting hated on but at least it's less so since the nerf.

Really though I'm just kind of disappointed that none of the stuff I told loche about is getting addressed, I had to argue once again that the stealth > EMP values were changed, post the steps to reproduce it, spend days trying to figure out why we were getting conflicting reports, report my findings and now it seems like it's just going to be a broken power that has to rely on a workaround whereas before it functioned correctly.
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Stealth>Emp?

What's the issue? I thought you said earlier that you suspect it was just people not having max damage mod.

So you saying there is an issue?

What's the result of your testing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.