Worst DLC yet for sure.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 8, 2014.

1. Ice Clown New Player

agree son of trigons had a nice new refreshing gotham. amazon fury is same old used gotham but with only a change on the creeps and the sky.

i too am bored of the dlc after 2 days of playing it, im also enjoying the spring event more xD

PS: the story about gotham in amazon fury kinda doesnt make sense. in son of trigons, gotham was all destroyed and in ruins, how did amazon fury gotham all of a sudden fixed gotham up the EXACT SAME WAY? i mean there was giant pillars, lava, and stuff... did gotham citizen/heroes just like carried and moved all those giant rocks and pillars away? if they did... then where did they move it? space? the ocean?
    • Like x 1
  2. DarthDiggler New Player

That was wise of SOE to separate that from the DLC. Weapon Mastery is yet another feature tacked on that reveals a very weak User Interface design. SOE didn't seem to have the where-with-all to put a skill point counter in each weapon, or bother with a heading that tells you what weapon you are upgrading without scrolling to the top of that "page".

Also during the poorly executed cut scenes people are clipping themselves. Is the QC department on vacation?
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Check out the actual DLC structure post in Dev Discussions. I think it's actually quoted in this thread. Everything applies to DLCs after 10.
    • Like x 8
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

My main problem with this dlc and origin crisis were the iconic anomalies if there going to add them they should add the ability to play as your own characters some people don't like to play as legends characters no matter how easy or how much of a challenge they are .
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just saying what I remember them saying the last time I saw something specific, and that was in reference to alerts not raids.

And yeah, 88 gear might be pushing it, but /shrug at worst I can't do it and have to farm some gear, never anything wrong with needing to spend a bit more time playing.
  6. DarthDiggler New Player

The Last Laugh is great if you like PVP, the Hall of Doom and Watchtower Assaults are a little flawed but the Safehouse matches are some of the best executed PVP matches since Australia.

HomeTurf was more of a feature DLC the content was skimpy, but less copy-paste than DLC10. Themescira looks great, but I just see far too much of it and I am already bored. Also I don't like the way the Bow Using adds seem to focus fire on the Healer in the Alert. Makes it the very definition of Un-Fun to be rained down with arrows for 30 minutes.

Origin Crisis was very well received by most people I know, sure there were bugs, but if you are a DCUO vet you know that comes with the territory.

Trigon had a ton of content, some of the best looking DUOs in the game. I love blasting those piles of adds in Knightsdome, that is fun. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Ice Clown New Player

+11111111111111 to all of what u just typed.
  8. Little Sister New Player

This is by far my favorite DLC so far. I'm a solo/duo/alert kinda gal, so I love this content.
    • Like x 2
  9. Azrael New Player

I still have hope for League Halls and DLC 11. But I think the last thing we need is challenging raids with messed up loot( basically exploiting players) that eventually get nerfed so we then we will be back at square 1. I just hope DLC 11 delivers fresh,new, challenging content b/c it will be last brand new original content we will see in awhile since the next 2 years will be part 2s and 3s to finish off the three trilogies.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kizziexo New Player

Quality over quantity bro, this dlc is very fun to most and idk about you but I'd rather have less funner content than a bunch of boring content.
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Sure it was a stand alone story. I just love the DLC more now that it is playable.
  12. J Zmooth New Player

Definitely not the worst DLC.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not in this case, no subjective about it, Last Laugh is the worst, hand of fate would be my least favorite. Last laugh shouldn't even be a DLC. I hate hate hate Hand of Fate, but I can't call it the worst. Last laugh is just that bad!

half kidding but really, it's that bad. :D
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I can't stand he PVP, they brought far too much PVE into the PVP. I thought the PVE portion of the HOD HQ was cool, outside of that they should have removed all the NPCs IMO. This is Player versus PLAYER.:mad: Plus even on PC the objects glitch which is frustrating.
  15. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

The hellish Gotham, as seen in Sons of Trigon, was another dimension. It was not the real Gotham City, if that makes sense. It was more of a nightmare caused by his sons and Raven struggling with her own pride. All an apocalyptic illusion. Basically, we went to Hell to confront Trigon.
    • Like x 5
  16. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I enjoy Amazon Furt Part 1. It's pretty easy compared to what I was expecting. Not that big into Wonder Woman, but nice to see her get some spotlight attention. I would like to see more chaos from the Joker. He has been eerily absent.
    • Like x 1
  17. Echephyle New Player

This is my favourite dlc so far. I love turning into an eagle bomber or shooting down cockatrices with the ballista. No other dlc gave you solos with that much variety.

Also Amazons are super hot, so that's a bonus.

This dlc has one of the best storylines. The iconic solos actually have a meaning in that they tie directly into the story.
  18. FuryX New Player

This is why we can't have nice things lol... god forbid should an npc actually target a healer.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Absolutely, Joker is the reason I like DC more than Marvel. Well the main guy, always though DC has much better villains. I need me some Joker/Harley action.

No not like that, get your heads out of the gutter.
    • Like x 2
  20. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Cue revving up your Harley joke.

EDIT - Wonder what ring Joker would wear. If he appeared in future War of the Light content.
    • Like x 1