Worst DLC yet for sure.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 8, 2014.

1. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

I can't even bring myself to play.. I logged on did the update, logged in finally a different day looked at the skill tree logged out: Repeated this a couple times and just can't bring my self to bother playing... I think the game just isn't the same game i use to play and enjoy; Just time to move on i suppose... Nothing to do with this update: Pvping the week before the update and seeing... Yeah, it's just bad..

But i found myself jamming Mario on the Wii U and all the oldschool Zelda's; sometimes just need a fun game...
    • Like x 1
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

I kinda like this DLC because of a few unique twists in the content like becoming an eagle:rolleyes:, but I am a little bent out of shape because of no power or Weapon, just something to change your toon's ability, which is manly my expectations of DLCs.

Speculation HOP1 Movement,

Wol2 Power Blue Lantern

AF2 Weapon Claw to be exact um cheetah:rolleyes:

Hop2 Power

Wol3 Power Orange or Indigo

AF3 Power Magician or weapon Wand somewere in the sequel Zatanna of someone with the ability should be included

Hop3 New Mechanic
  3. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Same but I need to get a Wii U soon. But luckily I have Mlb the Show and soon to be Watch Dogs;)

After all of that is said and done E3 will be here!
  4. Tre Day New Player

Well, at least the saying, 'You can't make everyone happy,' is alive and well. P

Taking resources and reusing them isn't the newest thing in the world, but people make it seem like DCUO is the only game in town that does it. I don't blame them for doing such a thing. It saves time and money. Besides, like people have said, it's the introduction to the next tier of gear.

Worst DLC? Personally, no. Although, I'm not one to dwell on the bad points of content; I just enjoy the game and what it offers.
    • Like x 1
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

And the DLC is delayed an extra month.

You jinxed it!:p
    • Like x 1
  6. Tre Day New Player

(shrugs)

Eh, stuff happens. Not everything works out the way we all hope it will.

I can only speak for me personally, but I'm enjoying the content we have now and am in no rush for the next DLC. That's pretty much how I see things.
    • Like x 1
  7. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Till the dev team can release a dlc on time I will always be suspect.

I'm just waiting for information on DLC 11 to decide if I will continue playing this game.

But to each of his own.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Is there a Guinness World Record for DCUO stuff? :oops:

it's like watching a tv series and there being many episodes building backstory or character traits. (because some of the audience does not know the lore like a fan, or if new IP, maybe some characters will die off, need character trait moments, its new, etc)

Does one read comic books more than once? [IMG]

Does one repeat content in video games? [IMG] etc. etc.

[IMG]

Its tough being the hero all the time (saving the world; as hero or villain). An aggressive appetite for a single game leads to burn-out or boredom. (likely) Enjoying multiple games in order to sooth the feelings. I had feelings when I played PacMan repeatedly and could not beat my best score. I still fed the machine quarters. :rolleyes: Is this the mentality of marketing for an older executive of a gaming company? Where will the ET of mmo genre be buried? (can you bury downloadable content?)

Add or refine more social aspects to game design to enhance the experience??

Meanwhile, i rarely login to GW2, Warframe, and DCUO. The only mmos i use these days. I was a relatively late user of mmos (WarhammerOnline due to RvR, but...nevermind) and mmos are certainly different from a campaign game & Tetris. Shirley. With each new mmo redefigning game design of the genre it seems. Some Devs do aspects better than others, and not all have the same talent, budget, intent, or design.

The products i represent (sell) are sometimes "Me Too" products which are not significantly different from others.... those are very difficult to sell. Too bad so many games execs decided to focus on being "Me Too" products while going into the mmo genre and sometimes under-developing or leaving out crucial aspects along the way (great LFG tool; Guild aspects; etc. socialness of mmos). Mmos have seemingly less often remembered to include useful user tools in their pursuits and thought mmo genre merely meant that the game was online only to use and would change over time. Thus somehow excusing inclusion of not finished aspects in the game. If a game stinks of need for patches, it's less often prompts others to recommend it and enjoy as a group of friends.

Cough*UI*League*T5 content in journal still saying rewards Marks of Reality.... its not the first time you abandoned a currency*Lag: is it me is it you, is it the server, is it the infrastructure? loss of the sense of immediate control over one's character is a BIG turn off*y no league halls included at launch?*cough*This is the scene where Captain America tells Tony Stark to "put on the suit" in the movie*cough

much haz changed over time, tru to the mmo genre.... although with all the instances, maybe it's a Co-Op game. :oops: (with SPvP)

ffs, the character creation process! There is no longer dedicated servers.... change the wording from "PvP server" and "PvE server." Add mention of the Phase Shifter ASAP after charcter creation and simplify it to put every new character in PvE phase because Rank 30 players can be mean to newbs. Better chance to retain users if they are not aware of Phase Shifter and choose to be in PvP phase from the start and think they are going to be dealing with mean users while ranking up always.

Persistent progression can be a like & dislike situation. I think it's a nail in a coffin of mmo genres that will lead to more Co-Op genre games and Survival genre games. Primarily due character power balance and cost over time issues. (Maybe a better game engine and tools will change this possibility by making things easier for Devs and lower costs for development quickly) I only payed attention to the mmo genre when it had the chance of LARGE scale battles. Then i learned of the "Zerg" and that some that found it easy to cheat in FPSers cheat in other genres too.... and learned that bots are used to test games in house and also used by users to farm resources. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...allenges_in_Guild_Wars_2s_nosub_MMO_model.php (there is a timeline marker named "Bots" move mouse over it to see...around the 27 minute mark) Bot testing is necessary during development. Why are there Amazon server Police? Do they police TV content? 0o Hey! Game users! Watch a few more of them tech talk videos like i posted above. digest it!

imho, not the worst dlc yet. Last Laugh is. imho.
    /drinkmoreRum.

that's all. ...for now. carry on.[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

i couldnt disagree more. The map for every instance is the same place. The alert can b done in under 30mins (did it in 28 2day) the duos ive done both in 7,8 mins. And the solos r about 15mins each. And then the dailys which is 10-15. Thats about an hr and a half of content we waited 3 months for. Not 2 mention the adds do look different but they all act the same. If u have a tank in the alert its tank n spank and sooooo boring. Not 2 mention ive now done that alert w/out a tank, w/out a healer, and w/out a troller. No challenge whatsoever. Like the OP said the staging area? Reskinned, the new gotham? Reskinned. Adds? Reskinned. See a pattern here? Even look at the new trinket and base items for the event.....reskinned. No creativity at all. And im not bashing it just 2 hate, this is how i truly feel about it. I have 3 feats left 2 do after a week and they r all styles, the style from the alert (need 2 pieces) the vendor style, and the style from the dailys. When i can get almost every feat in 10 days thats not good and i havent used a single replay badge either. Im running the entire dlc on 4 toons and im ready 2 jump off a building im so bored :p CANT WAIT FOR DLC11 RAIDS and praying 2 the dcuo god 1 of them presents a challenge
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

ugh more dlc7 bashing, get over it already. Imo if u quit because of dlc7 u simply were not good enough 2 complete the content. U know OC came out a year ago 2day 4 legendary players and people r still bashing it. SMH
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

agreed. Wth is up with the FE6s? i gotta put syn mods in blue 92 gear cuz they never drop? And im not paying 2mil for 1, thats beyond ridiculous. They need 2 up the drop rate. If they think people will replay it for the FE6s i think they will b sadly mistaken. Not being able 2 mod our gear for the tier gear we waited a year for is beyond stupid imo. FE5s drop like crazy in all of tier5 but t6 there nonexistent? Please mepps explain the reasoning behind this? All its doing is annoying me that i cant mod. Dont see how its beneficial in any way 2 making the dlc last. If u dont replay it it takes about 2 months 2 gear up and who knows u might have all blue gear and not even half of it modded because of no FE6s #dumb
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

If your primary criteria is new content I gotta say its a pretty easy suggestion. Last Laugh had a single duo and the ops in Hand of Fate were just rehashed instances and running around outside. Even Lightning Strikes from a pure content point of view was lighter than DLC 10.

Again I still see all of them as worth $10 but IMO DLC 4 & 5 are easily the weakest of the bunch and I think DLC 10 is on par with DLC 2.

At the end of the day you are totally entitled your opinion. I'm just saying this guy right here is suggesting that this is not the worst DLC and from a number of the other replies in this and other threads its clear I'm not the only one with that opinion.
    • Like x 1
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

This is what it comes down to. For many DLC 4 is the weakest but take one person who loves shield or any of the legends toons from there and they'll have a totally different opinion.

Really at the end of the day there is no definitive way to measure the "best" let alone the "worst". If you focus on criteria like new content, re playability and so on you can start to group them but even then it's all just opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. Pureshadow New Player

if there are some for sell then it seems okay to me. now if there weren't any for sell that would mean the droprate is bad. seems kinda selfish of you to just want mods lol. consider the queue times are low people run them alot.
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I feel the need here to point out that 'Quarterly' is actually a smidge over thirteen weeks.

They delivered DLC9 on January 28th and DLC10 on May 6th. That's fourteen weeks to the day.

Not perfect, but they're getting closer. ;)
    • Like x 3
  16. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I thought dlc9 was suppose to be out in December? And aren't we 2 dlcs behind schedule?

Well I do hope they can keep up the momentum.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black House New Player

Watch dogs? Nice tech demo I've yet to see any compelling gameplay, for me Destiny and The Division look like actual GAMES rather than EXPERIENCES, which seems to be the point of many of these "open world" projects.

As to the DLC, light on content, light on mechanics, light on ideas and perhaps more indications that the devs need better feedback than they are getting, "make it harder" is a direction in an adult movie and "we want a challenge" is just to generic.

Either we have content that challenges group synergy, role knowledge, communication and observation or we have semi circle, WM, pew pew pew....
  18. Gwalir Loyal Player

Knowing Joker it'd be something random, like a Emotional Mood Ring or something. :p
  19. Anhur Committed Player

Amazon Fury (Part 1) is the worst DLC? I would disagree - for me, it is an average offering, a 6/10, I've been trying to play the Solos, Duos and the Alert on a daily basis since release, sadly I am already bored with them - this may well be because it caters to smaller play which isn't my thing, I'm a raider.
  20. winter13 New Player

I really like this dlc, minus the wonder woman solo.