Worst DLC yet for sure.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 8, 2014.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

IMO I would rank them this way. #1 Origin Crisis #2 Battle For Earth #3 Fight For The Light #4 Amazon Fury #5 Lightning Strikes

Again this is my opinion. However, Hand Of Fate from my perspective was the worst DLC ever. No presentation or back story
    whatsoever. Furthermore, the roll-out was the worst of any DLC we've had. Sure these DLC's could've been better in some ways. No game has ever hooked me like DC. I love it !
    • Like x 2
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I guess the issue some people have with it is that their role might not be as needed anymore. It's certainly a very, very interesting idea. I don't quite know what to make of it though. I'll need to actually see it in action on a large scale to see if it's effected the game for better or worse.

This is just my opinion, but I don't consider that a point in it's favor :p

EDIT: Just to clarify, overall I think it is a great dlc story wise, just content wise it's lacking. People wouldn't have complained about that so much most likely if Weapon Mastery was still included in it. Overall I think it was a pretty good intro to tier 6.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

Last Laugh will forever be the Worst DLC. Worst Feats, Worst PVP Maps, Mostly Mediocre Legends characters (though I do enjoy playing as them), and the Joker barely made an appearance. The shield weapon is the only great thing that came from it.
    • Like x 6
  4. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Actually once I got a PS4, I actually fell i love with this DLC. It was a head of it's time, and could not function on the PS3 properly. Now that I can actaully see what's happening without lagging, freezing, or stuff disappearing, I absolutely love it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The joker thing was my biggest issue.

How the hell are you going to call it the last laugh and have his ONLY appearance be in a cutscene. Hell, GRODD was the enemy we fought at the end of the shady nightclub duo for crying out loud! And Joker doesnt even make an appearance in any of the maps...Neither does Harley.
    • Like x 3
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

No need to get defensive.

The point is, that for something to require all the roles it'd have to be harder, it'd have to require more healing, have things hit hard enough to require a tank, and require a troller for CC/Debuffs.

But doing so would make it required that you have the roles, at least initially, which is what they've stated before as going against their goal of letting people do whatever they want for alerts.

So again, you shouldn't expect to need all roles for alerts, unless they change/have changed their policy on alerts.

As for prep, already been answered and you responded, and I'm with ya, I'm not playing right now, but really hoping DLC11 gives me a reason to play again :) and I'll be going in with mostly 88 gear hehe.
  7. DarthDiggler New Player

Only the most devote Wonder Woman, DCUO, SOE fan would give this DLC any kudos. This is the epitome of Copy Paste sloppy work. If this is the way things will be moving forward, I look forward to Destiny and PlanetSide 2.
    • Like x 2
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

But Green the story is probably the most epic Joker-like story we have in the game. Joker gives up the codes for the hero and villain safehouses because he feels we've become too soft, often working together. That is awesome. That is exactly what Joker would do. Sure he could've made an appearance, but that story was incredible.
    • Like x 1
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

...isnt that the beginning and end of the story though?

After having the story explained to me today, I like Amazon Fury's story the best
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Alerts have buffs that kick in when certain roles are missing specifically to make this possible. Wait for the raids.
    • Like x 22
  11. Octantis New Player

I think it needs to be stated flatly that "WORST" is very subjective, and depends on what the player wants out of the game. Personally, I hate Raids, so anything with large group content is the "Worst" for me.

Talking about just the things I care about, and listing from best (on top) to worst (on bottom)

1) Sons of Trigon had 3 solos, 3 Duos, 4 weekly chances for guaranteed unattuned gear, and an Alert that guaranteed an unattuned weapon drop. All of which were of the quality of the T5 battle suit.

2) Amazon Fury pt 1 has 5 solos, 2 duos, and tons of opportunities to get unattuned green gear, but not as much weekly guaranteed gear as SoT did. The Alert can be ridiculously hard if the group has the wrong make up, and is unforgiving towards players who have sub par skill.

3) Battle for Earth had 3 solo quests (and a group one), 3 Duos, and an Alert.

4) Home Turf had only 2 solos, but guaranteed two pieces of gear, and a weapon or accessory, all of which were unattuned. Lairs battles are also the best way to grind PvP marks quickly, not to mention Lair decorating is highly enjoyable.

5) Last Laugh had much needed additions to PvP, and finally broke out of the horrible Bat-family Legends character mold.

6) Fight for the Light had only 1 Duo, and 3 Alerts, but filled a much needed gap in Tier 2.

7) Origin Crisis had only 2 solos, and 2 4-mans that took far too long to complete initially

8) War of the Light pt 1 had just 2 4-mans, but joining a group while wearing Atlantean Monarch was impossible.

9) Hand of Fate had just Wayward Souls and Utility Belts.

10) Lightning Strikes had 1 Duo. The solos were almost negligible in their rewards.

Again, I hate 8-man content, so I don't pay attention to it, thus why I didn't list them. Judging by all the other content in the DLC, you can see that, to me, Lightning Strikes is the worst, and Sons of Trigon is the best.

My point in ranking the DLCs is to illustrate the fact that this argument is one of personally opinion and tastes, and is otherwise pointless as an actual discussion or argument. The only way to quantitatively prove a DLC is the worst would be to look at how much money was spent on it as a marketplace purchase and find which DLC made the least amount money ...

... Otherwise we can only agree on one thing: "Cool story, bro."
    • Like x 4
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've been very pleased with Amazon Fury Part I, so I would have to disagree with the OP's assertion.

It's not my favorite (that award still goes to Sons of Trigon), but it's not my least favorite either (The Last Laugh would take that spot).
    • Like x 1
  13. Azrael New Player

I don't know Meeps.... cuz you said before this DLC came out that each DLC even if its a small DLC will have something challenging. And that is not the case in DLC 10. And the community has been very vocal that a very easy DLC to start off a new tier was going to get boring fast and lose some players. IMO AF is better than expected, best story telling by far, but I hate the alert b/c its just a adds with alot of health. Whats the challenge there? I almost fell asleep playing them. Ppl on test told them that the adds have too much health and it was going to be a snooze feast and they released it anyway.

I wished they would leave the health the same but add a mechanic to debuff their health for each boss fight ( phoenix fight instead of killing him 3 times!!! how about he can only be killed if the healing debuff is active) ( or the bosses with with trio, you have to kill them in a specific order).
    • Like x 2
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Far from defensive:p

But that's just ridiculous if they made all alerts or even raids like that. I would much rather tank than dps but completing a new brand new alert without a healer is just crazy.

Lol I think 88 gear is pushing it but who knows it might get the job the done.
    • Like x 1
  15. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I'm gonna wait and see before I make a I quit thread:p

I hope the raids will be challenge Mepps, I really do.
    • Like x 2
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

The only things I would change in this dlc is less health on the adds and more story in the larger group stuff. Visions had a story while there isn't much story again until the end of the alert.

I would rank last laugh and home turf below this.
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

IMO every DLC has had enough to justify $10 compared to what I've seen in a lot of other games of the same ilk. To me the two weakest were Last Laugh and Hand of Fate but even those two both offered a weapon that is still pretty popular with a good chunk of players and utility belts which I can safely say pretty much everyone uses.

To boot both had pretty useful bridge content for their tiers in Safehouse duo (which at the time was the only high-end duo) and the 4-man op which gave a viable way to grind out gear outisde of the T4 raids (before HT solos)

I think one of the reasons why this DLC is registering low for some is that the devs gave WM to us separate from the DLC. While I applaud that move it did result in the DLC feeling substantially lighter.

Content wise I, like most, would have liked at least another alert, if not a raid but I think its a pretty big stretch to call it the worst DLC although that's obviously a matter of opinion.
    • Like x 3
  18. DarthDiggler New Player

Trigon had original areas that weren't copy pasted. Technically speaking we only got 1 new area in this DLC. All the content runs you through the same place just different locations with in it. I am bored with it already and I can't mod my gear with cool stuff because SOE is stingy with FE6s.

I think the Springtime event is far more fun than the DLC. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

sons of trigon still holds the "worst dlc award" IMO
  20. DarthDiggler New Player

The Last Laugh and Hand of Fate had more new content than DLC10. I don't see how anyone can suggest this isn't the worst DLC yet.