Why Going Legendary Is Becoming An EPIC FAIL....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Nov 30, 2013.

1. SKAVANGER408 New Player

But that's it. Why doesn't DCUO add more perks?
    • Like x 2
  2. thelostczarnian New Player

i dont know anyone that has played since beta and never bought market items...pretty much anyone that has spent money on this game has done it more than once
    • Like x 1
  3. thelostczarnian New Player

kinda sounds like pay to win to me
    • Like x 2
  4. Mad9 New Player

I don't think that would make sense at all for SOE on the EUPC side where the population is considerably low. If at all, they should make premium and free to play a greater incentive and more feature to increase the life of the game.

If I don't have enough players to play with, why would I keep up my subscription? I say this after being legendary for 2+ years now and after having switched to PC from PS. You are only thinking from a limited PS side of the game and not giving enough consideration to all platforms.
  5. the swoosh New Player

if they do this to legendary it will become a epic win:

change replays into a legendary perk the same way as prothemium keys (that means unlimited replays)....all the convinience items like broker bots /warps /repair bots etc should be part of the sub (free to redeem as long as sub is active) and all legendary chars aswell (earned by marks).. including a power respec when a new power is released...4 dlc's per year every single dlc should have at least 1 raid 1 alert 1 solo 1 duo and something for pvp... so there a little bit of flavor for evryone...
    keep free to play as it is and up premium cash limit for evry dlc bought....obviously this is all way too good to be true but this would probably make a shhh load of people go legendary.....
  6. Funky New Player

well let's use some math here there are 10 dlcs each cost 9.99 you keep them forever, station cash for market 45.00 for 5000. SC
    more bank and inventory slots come at 400 each, bank slots at 300 * keep them forever on one toon*, a new lair theme at 1000, armory 4 pack at 2000 and 350 replays set for 1000.
    (400*2)+300+1000+2000+1000=5100
    well shoot i only need 1 more armory!
    (400*2)+300+600+1000+2000+1000=4700 spent 300 left maybe I'll get... 3 R&D 2 packs?

yeps so with all the dlcs plus the station cash to boost everything available to *1 toon

(10*9.99)+45.00=144.99 or shoot how about 119.98 for every 12 months (1 year)?

yea i think I'll just go ahead and get legendary.
  7. Haggz New Player

I think a fair exchange for legendary loyal players would be that if you have been legendary for the same amount of months that there are dlcs releashed they should own those dlcs. Example if I am legendary for 8 months I should be able to keep the first 8 dlcs. Right now legendary is worthless since once you unsubscribe you are left with nothing.
  8. MeteorRizzy New Player

i think with wat they already give legendary members is all right, but could b better. so i agree with u. for me, going legendary made it so i have access to all the dlc without having to buy it (i started this year with 9 dlc's out) so it saved me a good chunk of cash on that part. i like the 5oo loyalty points idea.
    what i would probably do is give everything the legendary membership already gives and throw in a little bit more, like $5,000,000 a month to legendary players. legendary players are the only ones who can trade $$ so that would make sense on my part. Make it so that legendary members can run raids on a daily basis rather than a weekly basis. or u can even lower the cost of the amount of replays it would cost a legendary member to replay a raid. i am tierd of this raid limitation, i hate having to wait a week to play a raid over again, it really does cost a hell of a lot more than $15 a month to play this game.
  9. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i never understood the appeal of buying the dlcs over subscribing.

you know what you're getting. you know theres going to be limits placed on your game play. you know there are going to be restrictions...but you do it anyway.

as a legendary subscriber i have access to everything. no cash cap, all content is open to me, i get free replays, loyalty points, extra inventory space and all the little perks that come with being a subscriber. when the day comes and i decide i'm done with the game i can just leave, my sub will lapse...but at some future date if i choose to check the game out i can come back as a free player, look around and see whats going on and if i like what i see i can resubscribe and once again have access to it all.

in theory "owning" the dlcs sounds nice but the reality is when the game finally goes down you are going to be the proud possessor of nothing.

the idea of being premium is intended as a gateway. it is a step to becoming a subscriber. you try the game for free, if you like it but arent hooked enough to sub up you can buy a dlc and get some more content out of the deal and then if its good you sub. premium is not meant to be the workaround to saving forty or fifty bucks a year or whatever it works out to. it never was. what are you going to do with all those dlcs you bought when the game finally closes servers? write, complain and demand soe refund your money?

i am all for seeing a few extra perks thrown to premium players...but the problem there is if you guys get something extra for spending some cash...what about the legendary players who sub and spend just as much as the premium players do plus the cost of a sub? Why shouldn't i get some extra bonuses for all those replay tokens and respec tokens and lairs and style items i've spent money on? would be nice but when does it end? i'd be a little more passionate about all this if the cost of subbing wasn't 10/15 bucks a month. in terms of entertainment/luxury value compared to say just going out to a movie or grabbing a burger its a total steal.

i dont know if the kids still use the term but back in the day a "monty haul" campaign never worked.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kairul New Player

so cash cap still exist eh...who's brilliant idea was it hahahaha
  11. Zernam New Player

I don't play that often, sometimes skipping months at a time, which means I'm typically not at endgame - the appeal to me is I can just play when I want without having to sub/unsub/sub/unsub. I don't see the difference for me when the game goes dark, I'm just paying a one-time fee to have perpetual access to portions of content SOE hosts on their servers. I'll go play something else just like the Lifetime and Legendary players will.
  12. PainGod New Player

All I see in the title is "Epic Fail". If I choose to pay to play and you dont then that is my preference. Judging others is not a good thing.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

They are making the right move is making Legendary better by adding the 10% discount on MC. Hopefully they will think of more Legendary exclusive that can't be bought on the Marketplace.
  14. Victuswolf New Player

I have to say the subscription benefits for DCUo are crap in comparison to other mmo's or SOE's other games.
    • Like x 1
  15. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

legendary is nice but lockouts dont make any sense for legendary players. just take away the replay badges and get rid of all the lockouts

either eliminate loot boxes and all lockouts entirely so we can run an instance as many times as we want or give loot boxes for all instances daily
    daily raids
    GET RID OF FRICKIN BASE STYLES IN PROM BOXES holy crap or adjust the tables so everything drops equally

honestly if DCUO made these two changes i would drop $120 RIGHT GD NOW
    decrease rate of base style drops in lockboxes
    unlimited replay badges
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Sooooooo, you think that allowing more people to play for free will help save the game? Maybe I don't understand European economics but I don't know how drawing more people to the game who won't contribute financially to the game will save it.
  17. Mad9 New Player

Someone posted an informative video on F2P modeling and one revelation was that 'player base is the currency of the game, be it f2p, premium or legendary'. Besides the money, they contribute in their role as friends and community of interest. Know that people play with other people and not alone and hence the game is called an MMO. A lot of people leave this game coz their friends left or quit playing.

I have been facing a frequent problem of queueing up for instances everyday on EUPC while things are much much faster on EUPS and it becomes somewhat frustrating for someone like me on EUPC. If there were more people and a greater community of interest, more would be the queues, the instances played, replays spent and so on and so forth. Even if some players do not directly contribute in monetary terms, their availability will allow others to spend their money which they can't for lack of other interested players to play game content.

Tell me where am I wrong from EUPC side of things? Things are far better on other servers but it sucks on EUPC. The only way things will get better for EUPC when it picks up new players.
  18. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

[quote="MeteorRizzy, post: 2485584, member: 321130"
    what i would probably do is give everything the legendary membership already gives and throw in a little bit more, like $5,000,000 a month to legendary players. legendary players are the only ones who can trade $$ so that would make sense on my part. .[/quote] This will only make prices in the broker SKYROCKET and make the gap between premium and legendary worse, Supergirl for MOL is a great step and should be done for ALL past and present legends you pay real money for, we already get a 10% discount on marketplace items, personally I would like a discount in legendary price because its still doing the same exchange rate in my country from 4 years ago!
  19. Al Mandrake New Player

Well, I decided to pop back in just to see how things are doing, was actually considering coming back for at least a month or two thanks to the new GL content but I find a thread like this that yay shows that the player base is just as toxic and divided as when I left if not more so. And that the Devs ae helping feed the divide and keep it going same as before.

You forgot Champions Online, which I dropped my Sub here to switch it to there nearly 6 months ago. Champions Online is what DCUO should have been. The only thing DCUO has going for it is the DC brand, if not for the IP it would have failed long ago. If DC was smart they would drop their deal with SOE and give it to Cryptic to redo. Speaking of Champions Online brings me to my next few statements.

This is to The Lone Stranger personally and all Premiums in general.
    Come check out CO, you will like it alot better, you don't have to Sub to actually play but Subbing does give you some really great perks that only come with Subscription plus you will earn rewards for how long you Sub for and that counts all the time you Sub even if you drop the Sub for a time. There is a Cash cap, 250 Globals, but guess what NO REPAIR wall to try to force you to Sub and there are plenty ways to easily trade for the items people sell for more then that cap, and all of those items are things you might WANT but not NEED to run content. Dear lord, a Sub option that is purely about just giving you actual perks/rewards instead of taking away play limiting restrictions?!?! How could this possibly work?! Oh, maybe it does because of all the CoH and DCUO players that have moved to it over the years, can't swing a radioactive cat without hitting at least 3 of each.

Maybe Spytle and Mepps should swing by CO also, they might learn how to make a successful Superhero MMO.
    • Like x 3
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Again, it seems we are worlds apart on economics. Let me try to put this in simpler terms:

Whether or not you bring in 1 new player or a 1,000 if they're using the F2P format and not paying €1 it's not going to help the game. Maybe this will help you understand. Start a service business and charge nothing for it and let me know how long you stay in business.