Why Going Legendary Is Becoming An EPIC FAIL....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

check out Neverwinter's system of f2p. its much better, the whole of the game is completely free with opportunity to earn marketplace currency.
    only difference is that they dont offer a subscription. it's all micro transaction.
  2. thenewkidd New Player

How long has that game been around?
    Oh yeah.. 6 months...

We will see if they are still around in 5 years...
    If so.. great.. if not.. well the "micro transactions" didn't work out so well.

the F2P system is much better for YOU as a player.. but I don't know how long they will be around. to know if it's "much better" for the company... again.

The only way we know such claims as being professed in this thread is to see the actual hard data and financial state of DCUO which If you have that info... please post a link to a credible source where you got that.

and PS> Neverwinter is there for you to play.. sounds like that's the game for you... no one is making you pay and play DCUO.
  3. Tocimus Committed Player

well, if you can use the market place they should be fairly cheap now. on USPC most of them are low as 20k, with a few of the rare drops down to 300k.
  4. Archsprite Well-Known Player

I wonder if there will be a SC to LP conversion mission when this goes live...
  5. Jamie New Player

You have problem getting into content? Really? I never do with any of my toons and my lowest is level 19. I very seldom have to wait for more than 5 minutes just by que'ing up. I que up for everything T4 and lower. I play on the USPS3 in case it is just a server issue for you.
  6. Tocimus Committed Player

lmao, i use to argue for dcuo's busniess model as well. but guess what, you're paying a sub for a game maybe giving you new content 4 times a year. we're not talking alot of content either, this is maybe an hour's worth.

as many have said, the sub in this game isnt for benefits...... it's not to be hindered. this game could be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. but instead they give you just enough to be interested.

we NEED a better state of game.

imo, its hilarious seeing posts about how great the new armory idea is. they just dont realize that we've been asking for that since beta. the old forums had a suggestion subforum, this was always being asked for.

honestly, it doesnt work for ME AS A PLAYER. as a player i shelled out 60 bucks( + 8month sub) for less then what a f2p player gets when they start now. what was our compensation for that? oh hey you get premium status..... a $5 dollar equivalent. "thanks for supporting us" now subscribe if you want to keep the game play the same OR we give you the dreaded super small cash cap.

imo, we shoulda got something along the lines of here's a legendary sub amount = to how much you spent on our bs ( which includes a management change and hack attack).
  7. Tule New Player

Or they could just give you nothing at all. And put a paywall up for access.
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

That's an odd move to make. I've got the all access pass and not just the DCUO sub, so I wonder how this will affect me. I know some of their other games have a similar loyalty system (the AAP only gives one set of SC obviously), so unless they're turning all the games into loyalty points and letting me use it in any game I don't know how this is going to work. Hopefully they'll give us more info soon.
  9. thenewkidd New Player

Still waiting for proof..

Thanks

What game is still around that has your business (or Neverwinter's business model) in which you speak of.

I'm not arguing FOR DCUO's model.. I'm saying show me a game that is still around that is F2P and lasted as long as DCUO has and has the population it has.
  10. surge914 New Player

I completely agree. The game could be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better but whatever the reason, whether the devs don't want to or don't know how, the game as of now it's not living up to its potential.

Also Marvel Heroes is also only 6 months old and so far it's doing a great job as F2P game. I know people might get mad for saying this but if the devs don't make improvement then I hope the game dies soon so another developer hopefully takes up the mantle and makes a good MMO with the DC characters.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dead_Corps New Player

I think most of you have it wrong. It's Free to Play Your Way, NOT Free to Play.

Repair bill got you in a bind? Get Good and stop damaging your gear (weak pug groups excluded). Here's the trick, try very hard to not use a soder for health. Try evading or blocking the damage and not just stand there taking full punishment like I see 95% of the toons out there do.
    Buy the most expensive item from the vendors and stack them. So when you need a bit more cash you'll have it. Here's another trick to your money problems, get a Legendary friend who can buy you all those R&D components.

I bounce back and forth from Legendary to Premium all the time. No sense in wasting money for nothing. Not like they're putting out one DLC every three months as promised. Using the LP to buy inventory character and bank slots.

The Cash Cap sucks but there it is and you have to deal with it. That is unless your Legendary cause it's free to pay your way.
  12. Zerefu New Player

Suddenly, I don't think I feel like renewing my legendary this month
    • Like x 2
  13. Jenny Hailey New Player

The only problem I see is that there is so much of a dropoff between both f2p and premium (expected) and premium to legendary (not so expected). New (mainstream) games, i.e. the last of us, cod, gta, infamous, all have strong gaming experiences, dcuo does not have that. DCUO is fun but there seems to be a reason why a 60 dollar game gets better reviews, recognition and dlc content than dcuo. It's hard to put a finger on just what.
    • Like x 1
  14. Bokugo New Player

League of Legends
    • Like x 3
  15. thenewkidd New Player

Alright.. let the comparisons begin..

How many DLC come out with this game?
    What does the team make up look like and how many people are employed under that game?
    What is the revenue to this game compared to DCUO?
    Do they come out with Game Updates almost every month and what number are they on?

You see.. DCUO might be able to go to "Micro Transactions".. but at what cost to us the players? Less DLC... Less Game Updates..
    Diablo 2 was also very successful for a long time but after 10 years of playing it it only had 13 patches? wow... I want DCUO to be like that! /sarcasm.

In the end... I agree whole heartily that we need to be voting with our wallets...
    You don't like the way things are run.. don't play.. You feel you get more out of "Free to Play" than you do with Legendary.. play for free...

You feel Premium is a joke. but don't want to pay to play... feel free to play your "micro transactions" games.
    • Like x 1
  16. Bokugo New Player

Doesnt matter. LoL is profitable. And its 100% free.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tocimus Committed Player

careful what you wish for.. might end up with another swtor.......and EA.... /cringe
    • Like x 1
  18. Mary Bliss Committed Player

The time for currency, which is their concept, has been along for quite some time.

Star trek online doubled their staff since switching to it - it can work but you need items to sell to build an economy around it.

Same company behind both games though on sidenote it's probably the worst nwn by far.

I will agree as far as DCUO is not currently geared towards much more than the cash cap for a sub but the system itself is very superior.

For example star trek online regularly gives away free ships just for playing new story missions, released a third faction this summer, have "league halls" and so on and so on.

Another thing they have is veteran rewards which if nothing else I am sure you can agree is missing in DCUO.

You couldn't just carry over the same model tomorrow of course not
  19. Ocerkin New Player

diablo 2 wasnt an mmo, it was a game with multiplayer servers.

guild wars

guild wars 2

Tera

The Secret World

all f2p all profitable, secret world has a f2p set up i believe should have been implemented from the start here, pay once and then free to play after with a marketplace and purchased dlc's
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

I do think us veteran legendary players should get something. Right?
    • Like x 1