Hard light combos NOT properly executing.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by OMAAR, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogat New Player

What you describe is a lag issue, i have problems executing simple waepon combos like spinchop or downward smash too in such areas(tap tap hold or tap tap tap hold and the hold does nothing not even a tap attack- nothing.)
  2. LANT3rN2814 New Player

Snap Trap to Fan not working properly on ps3. Its works maybe once every 3 to 4 times attempted.
  3. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

You would think with all these reports about light combos not working properly they should have been fixed by now.
  4. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

You would think with all these reports about light combos not working properly they should have been fixed by now.
  5. MuTeDx Committed Player

Absolutely true HL is broken right now. In areas with no lag the combo's aren't executing properly for me on PS3. I do Claw - Hold Claw - then tap triangle for Ram and instead i get the grenade launch. This is killing my DPS and causing more power consumption because comboing out of Claw Slam is nearly impossible. Other combo's are affected but Ram - Snap - Fan seems to be working thus far. We need an update to open the window on our combo's timing to compensate for the latency and lag of the PS3. Anyone who sayes this is a lag issue may be right but if the server is lagging more than before then it needs to be fixed asap. Anyone saying its a timing issue I've been HL long enough to know my combo's both PVE and PVP and when coming out of claw slam if spamming range doesn't work then it cant be a timing issue. SOE please give us an update to fix and fix Quantum trolling hot bar while your at it (2 biggest issues IMO)
  6. OMAAR New Player

Devs the problem still exists btw. It shows it's ugly face especially at PBG.
  7. Dagg212121 New Player

After a long layoff from DCUO and getting back to my HL alt I thought I was just rusty. But after a week this explains much of what I am seeing. Once in awhile Im expecting Fan and I get a tap triangle.
    • Like x 1
  8. Razormane MastiC New Player

no problems here - USPC

seems to be fixed
  9. Bishop New Player

Furthermore it is my presumption Light has two bugs right now. The original which caused Fan to be disrupted for whatever reason, hence cancelling the Construct Mechanism and activating whatever weapon tap/hold you attempted and a new bug introduced by the alterations to jump cancelling Fan recently.

On the latter, I think you must investigate the jump animation of Snap Trap as I believe this is affecting the activation mechanism for Fan and cancelling it altogether in connection with whatever changes were made to jump cancelling Fan.

On the former it is my belief, depending on the aforementioned, that when activating Power Ram and combo Construct Whipthrash if you clip near instantaneously the Construct mechanism is still carried through the engine and the game won't recognise a new Powers new combo criteria - for example clipping with ST combo Construct Fan. The reason I know the two bugs are separate is because clipping Power Ram combo Construct Whipthrash with Power Grasping Hand combo Construct Fan does not always work.

This is different to ST earlier which for me doesn't work at all when clipping, whereas GH if I use as a clip I can activate fan if I do stay on the ground hence my idea about the jump animation in ST.

Bishop
  10. Bishop New Player

Further testing on a PS3 Controller using MotionJoy revealed I can do the bugged constructs above therefore it must be a hardware problem.

Currently my bug exists on Windows Wireless Mouse and Keyboard 5000.

Bishop
  11. Photomancer New Player

Yea i noticed fan slowing my combos down after i hit snap trap and GH in nexus the other day
  12. Bishop New Player

Disregard: after some time with PS3 Controller Fan would no longer activate whatsoever if I tried to clip Ram-Construct WT with ST- Construct Fan however ST-Construct Fan works fine on its own but had a seemingly really small window.
    • EDIT: I noticed two anomalies between trying Ram-WT/ST-Fan with PS3 Controller and Mouse-Keyboard:
    • M+K: Fan fails and produces a melee tap even though I am pushing range tap (for Fan Construct)
    • PS3 Controller: Fan fails and produces a range tap when I am pushing range tap.
    Still believe it is hardware problem. I hope this information is being read and is helpful to someone.

Bishop
    • Like x 2
  13. OMAAR New Player

Bishop,
    Have you tried using a melee weapon. Melee meaning one that has tap range slow? Like DW, brawl or 2h?
  14. Bishop New Player

Exact same results, especially the anomaly with melee tap overriding ST-Fan even though I am range tapping (obviously for ST to Combo Construct Fan). I think this may be the problem.

I don't even know if any Developers have had a chance to look at my findings, no disrespect.

EDIT IMPORTANT: More testing has revealed that Power Ram-Combo WT clipped with ST-Combo Fan has an inherent melee tap after the ST. I believe this is the root of the cause therefore there is no particular override as such but the game itself is implementing a melee tap after ST only when used to clip Ram-WT (possibly a follow-through of melee tap to activate WT I cannot know unless I could access engine)

Bishop
    • Like x 2
  15. OMAAR New Player

Nice job Bishop! Keep up the sleuthing and tell us if you need any testing.

I was practicing NCN at the WT today and for some reason claw would refuse going into ram 3 times.
  16. Bishop New Player

Other combo bugs are what I am hoping to look into now, to shed a wider light on perhaps a single bug or several. Is this Power Claw or Construct Claw into Ram and is it Clawx2-Combo Ram/Claw x3-Combo Ram/ Claw x(?) and Hold-Combo Ram?

Bishop
  17. Bishop New Player

I believe I have found another bug that arrived with the recent changes to Fan jump cancelling. Basically performing a rotation of Power Snap Trap - Combo Construct Fan whilst tapping rifle and jumping over a series of times forces the engine to repeat the entire rotation without input.

This happens only when you attempt to perform this rotation extremely fast and hitting the right range button multiple times - basically spam it the whole duration of the rotation (doesn't affect anything if you do). This will cause a player inputted ST-Fan-Rifle-Jump to be repeated by the computer as soon as the player jumps.

I have not included any videos since these bugs are mainly input orientated so all you are seeing is the visual impact of the bug, not what is causing it and a video probably wouldn't do much. That being said if any developers are reading this and would like a video I can arrange something.

Bishop
  18. HellEctra New Player

19. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

devs don't worry the problem seems to be getting worse and every light user wants it fixed. No pressure devs.
    • Like x 1
  20. La Chupacabra New Player

Hey Bishop, great catches, I'm in USPC, same problems using a keyboard, Have you notcied that fan doesn't care what you're locked onto?

Whenever you use construct fan regardles of where you're character is facing, the damage will be dealt to whatever your camera is focused to.

It's not the same issue though so add it to the list of bugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.