Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

That actually gave me a chuckle lol.
    • Like x 3
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's definitely true. I doubt even the developers often have the final word outside of maybe a principal or senior principal level position.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sentiency Well-Known Player

“Most of the suspended players are endgame players. Players who test new game updates and episodes.”

Don’t you think that’s very telling if the people that are getting banned are the same ones testing our new episodes and are the ones running endgame content? Instead of the walls of text why not just ask directly for the special treatment you want and leave it at that. From where I stand if the people cheating are the ones testing our new episodes and the main ones running endgame content, then that’s a wider issue that won’t be solved by rolling back their arts and letting them play again. ALL that does is send a message that exploiting isn’t taken seriously enough to get you banned.
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You've misinterpreted my post. I will leave it at that.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Your post sounded like a call for clemency to be extended specifically to people who SHOULD know better. Not like "day five newbie with no prior MMO experience sees youtube video - > trouble", but people who have been here for a LOT of the OTHER egregious exploitation of the past.

And yeah, it looks phenomenally different to see something ACTUALLY happening, instead of the usual "Wagging Finger, you scamps" response, but to be blunt - it's about time something serious was taken seriously.
    • Like x 3
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

Someone tag Obsidian I’m curious if he still with us lmao
    • Like x 1
  7. Sentiency Well-Known Player

How? I quoted exactly what you said and responded according to how you framed it. You think it’s a lose lose to ban those players because it’ll be a ghost town, I responded asking asking how it’s okay that those same people be allowed to continue playing especially if they are the ones testing episodes and running endgame content, because if your claim is true- it’s a wider issue that rolling back arts won’t solve.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He is. He posted a video yesterday.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhhh, take four Exobits into the bathroom, shut off the lights and say his name three times in the mirror and he should be along any moment...
    • Like x 7
  10. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Lmao
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ this.

I don't want someone who is okay with cheating being the same someone who is testing things for general release.
    • Like x 6
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I try.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You have connected two dots and speculated a possible conclusion. (which isn't the case)

I responded with a short answer knowing that the longer the post I make the more cross-examined it will get.

I'll keep any further posts on this thread from me short, blunt and to the point from here on out.

(Half the issue is population/amount of players playing the game and that I acknowledge)
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

Can we be naked and afraid as we do this ? Or do I HAVE to put clothes on?
    • Like x 3
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it in this game. I cannot recall details since it was a few years ago now, but I recall at least one other bug hitting the test server and making it live under a cowl of secrecy for people to exploit before it was found in the live release. I also do not recall what happened to that group of people.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Dare I say it, but doesn't this speak volumes as to the generally held views of the EU community? If they've been disproportionately hit by this ban wave then clearly they felt "cheating" was acceptable behavior en-masse.

The fact as you also state, the majority of banned players are endgame, also only reinforces (unfortunately so) the fact that the players that egregiously used this exploit, should've known better.

That aside, I'm of the personal view the entire EU server has been limping along on life support for way too long anyway and a server merge should already have happened - this probably just strengthens the case for it, basically any latency issues be damned, there's two choices to make, play with a little lag or struggle to play at all ;)
    • Like x 5
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Throne of the Dead. That's not the only one, or even the biggest one, but based on timeframe...

I don't recall what happened to them because I don't think anything substantial ever did.
    • Like x 2
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

The throne glitch, anyone who did had gear removed and the most egregious offenders were perma banned
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If EU server was limping along on life support before Friday it has now fallen over.

Either way the options aren't good even for the EU players who didn't do the exploit and are left.

We will see what happens in a few weeks.
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

Where are they getting these population data to make these claims?
    “Majority of banned are endgamers” i understand the logic and it’s a fair assumption unless there’s data it’s only an assumption yea?
    “EU was disproportionately hit with bans” again where is the data on where these accounts were based, who’s accounts they were, or any other of the. Variables in seeing being discussed? Am I missing something? Was this information posted somewhere?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.