Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Was that the Quantum exploit or a different one?
    • Like x 2
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, I remember the gear reset, that was about it though.

And that was literally "Testers discovered an exploit, never reported it so it went live, then used it to completely strip the most difficult Raid ever designed of any meaningful difficulty on day 1 so they could flex about bein' OP", AFTER ******* CHEATING.

And people wonder why so many of us are like "Good." now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sentiency Well-Known Player

When you stated that you can't see yourself playing the game if 2/3 of the EU server gets banned, make a case for the other side (no conclusion drawn here, you say there's another side and proceed to list factors), and then state what you'd like to be achieved- which is rolling back artifacts "as opposed to banning everyone who is suspended" the dots aren't hard to connect..

Maybe I did somehow misinterpret your post. If I did, I'm not seeing it
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

pretty sure this was the QT exploit
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

There was a Throne glitch? How many of these glitches are there we have to be weary of? FYI, I didn't really follow anything happening on the Forum until Ep. 41 stats clamp changes were made known.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I don't envy being in the position of having to balance the integrity of bans with the interests of a server population.

I know perception of population numbers is probably somewhat anecdotal, and having a character on EU I've seen the population issues over there, so I actually don't doubt you to a large extent.

Running content over there has always been way more difficult than on the US server and I've always thought despite any increase in latency a server merge would always have been incredibly beneficial, in thinking though I imagine the "character names" would pose the biggest issue, it would be like the previous name reclaim, but even worse in terms of who gets to keep what.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Oh for what its worth too, if you play on PC you could just make a new character on US PC and slowly transfer styles and feats, it would just take you time/money.

Unfortunately if you're Playstation you're stuck in region.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I think your the only person who has understood where I'm coming from (regardless of whether you agree or not).

The bit in bold is basically my perspective on the issue. It isn't an easy issue to solve and it will probably have impacts on many of the players left on EU server who didn't exploit, especially the endgame players.

As I said in another response much of the issue comes down to server population.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm on PS5.

Although I might invest in a PC if we want a test server population for future game updates/episodes. I'm usually pretty active reporting any issues (with video) on live server so I would be an asset to the test server if I can get on it. I'll see how the next few months go.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tolly Committed Player

So much for Daybreak, if they don't want them anymore, they'll be players for the Marvel MMORPG, coming soon ! :p
  11. Proxystar #Perception

All good, I mean fundamentally in a situation like this the default stance would be that all bans stick (at the end of the day they broke the rules right) especially when it was done in an egregious manner.

Despite popular belief however, I'm not actually an ogre (well only on Wednesdays my dude) so I do have some sympathy for some people and some circumstances. There have been a few people that have come in here for example, acknowledged they made a mistake and seem to have apologized.

I have a lot of time for people like that, because it's basically the same as making a "guilty plea", everyone is human and everyone does make mistakes, I hope the devs do take some of that in to consideration, but, I'm sure a few people will hate me for suggesting that lol.

The other reality though, is I have very little time for the people that have come in, accused everyone else under the sun for their own actions, acted like what they did was ok, clearly it wasn't and then didn't seem to even have the self awareness to see that perhaps they'd over stepped the line.
    • Like x 6
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

I will never let them forget it either lmao.
    Every time I see a thead along the lines of dcuo doesn’t have anything hard everything is easy mode blah blah I remind them that every time the devs give us something hard and unique people just find a way to cheese and cheat it anyway so what’s the point?
    • Like x 5
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Heard this on the last marvel game too. Wonder how they are enjoying that one?
    • Like x 5
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

When throne originally dropped. They found a door glitch that could only be done with quantum. So within a few days you had half of the end gamers switching to quantum to door glitch to fill dlc gear.
    It was insane to do a search of top geared on server and see literally every single one of them were quantum lol
    • Like x 4
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Wow, thank you for telling me. If only people would harness that level of creativity towards constructive things instead of coming up with ways to cheat.
    • Like x 6
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Throne was my crowning achievement in this game, besides survival mode, I was one of the literally few tanks that could solo tank the adds upon release, it was a difficult fight but man I’ve never been so happy to beat an elite boss ever, never mind that it was just the first boss lmao.
    Getting deathproof at level is one of proudest achievements in dcuo as well. Throne was an amazing raid, at launch before the nerfs. You needed all the roles, you needed good dps, and most importantly you needed communication.
    I miss raids like that.
    • Like x 2
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

All of this^.
    The odyssey guy and the other one came here, fessed up (they didn’t have to, could have kept their secret) and apologized.
    As of the main supporters of the bans, I can respect these two to the point where I don’t believe they should be permanently banned.
    Take all their stuff yea, but after they server their 3 week suspension I’m good with it.
    That’s just my personal opinion on it though.
    I too hope the devs spend some time with it because just like our criminal justice system there are bound to be one or two caught in the net that may or may not deserve to be there and which “bucket” they go into as mepps put may not be black and white. (Even if the contract breach is black and white)
    • Like x 5
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

No, not M-m-m-mothers and F-f-f-f-fathers!!!

[IMG]

Brothers and sisters too???

[IMG]

I shall play for them a song of mourning and loss on my tiny violin.

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Would you rather the game lose the people who cheated or the people who paid and then left disgusted by the way the devs gave the guilty a slap on the wrist?
    • Like x 4
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

In the end I think this is the biggest issue here going forward.

This event was big enough that no-one can ignore it. Anyone suspended and later unsuspended instead of banned will be impossible to hide from the community so it'll be obvious who and how many people were returned to the game. The standard talking point of not commenting on punishments won't be enough this time. And returning exploiters in such a public way would be very bad for the morale of the community and the devs' credibility.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.