Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Active Player

It also unfair to deny investigation just because it waste a lot of time. Thats just part of the job you guys signed up for. The limited data you just probably used for the bans and suspensions wasn't really all inclusive just because its the holiday and you guys needed to go break.
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

They cheated. You’re defending them. There’s no other variant of this discussion that exists.
    • Like x 5
  3. Teals New Player

nope its just like everything today lets scream lets yell lets make points out of people.....

how is dooping some artifact Exp actualy a permable ban offense. reset them easy ban them for a week ban them for 30 days

thats like some one else in this thread said if the store prices something wrong and you buy it....... and them people where like "OMG I WOULD NEVER" shut up... yes you would.

now we are saying not only did the store price it wrong. but now you also go to Jail for life.......

come on! really!
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

It is a bannable offense and is defined as such very clearly in the terms of service every use agreed to when they signed up. Once again you’re mad but your argument is invalid none the less.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Second line of Mepps post in “Account Actions Taken Today” explicitly states further investigation will occur.

Read the terms of service you agree to and you will see how taking advantage of exploits is a bannable offensive. It quite literally says you agree NOT to “Exploit any bug in any Daybreak Game(s) and to refrain from communicating the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the end user unnatural or unintended benefits to the user), directly, indirectly and/or through public posting, to any other end user of such Daybreak Game(s). Additionally, you agree to promptly report any such bugs to Daybreak.”
  6. Teals New Player

So much white knighting my sir.
  7. Teals New Player

Yes.... yes it Does....

But its still an over-reaction. be honest really. is it really that bad.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Yes. It is that bad, lol. Idk how many more times it needs to be said.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Says the guy that came to the forums to have a cry.

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  10. Teals New Player

its really not. Far worse still exist

whats worse? an Artifact Exp glitch that was less than 48 hours?

Or speed hacking which is still an everyday accurance

Easy example the Bizzaro/ Circe/Wonder woman Solos. there is still glitch that exist to this day were you can stay as your actual toon and not transform and essecially speed hack through all the super time consuming feats in under an hour.

In many many elite raids you can actually attack the bosses through the doors. worst example that comes to mind is FttF Elite. were you only need 1 person to stay alive inside the bubble which a tank can very easily do and the other 7 people can attack from outside the bubble

there are many many many more all of which are bannable offensises according to the EULA. where are the Bans for those?

the difference is. Fixing those glitches cost many many man hours to fix which cost money and time. which is a net loss in profit so they wont fix it

They see the artifact Exp Glich as a Net lose in Profit. Fixing it is the answer to get the Profit back.

Banning these people is nothing to do with cheating and everything to do with profit.

its Common sense the punishment does not meet the crime.

Reset their Artifacts give them a week ban or something. Perma bans way to far.
  11. Teals New Player

HAHAHAHA got a point there well played
    • Like x 2
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Theft is theft. Whether it's digital theft or theft of physical goods, it's still theft. You make it sound easy to get the logs, track back to before the glitch, and reset them. That takes time. I suspect several days if not weeks with multiple people going through that for 800 accounts.

I was leaning more your way until I thought about it a bit and reflected on Shark Dental's posts to me. That time to investigate and handle the situation requires those hours to be paid for, so instead of members of the team being paid to go through and improve the game in some way, whether that's through bugfixes or additional features, those hours are paid to figure out how to handle people who stole digital content. That's money the company cannot recoup because of 800 players who went against the terms of service. That's pretty significant theft if you think about the salaries earned.
    • Like x 5
  13. L T Devoted Player

I think you're probably dead-on right there.

I've had several off-line discussions about this where the person(s) I was talking to said basically "well it was there to take advantage of and they took advantage of it. Not seeing the big deal there". I found it distressing.
    • Like x 5
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

fixed that for you.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you seem like, intimately familiar with the specifics of the glitch.

I wonder why.
  16. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Mepps has already made a response about speed hackers and why it’s so difficult to combat it, and yet they still ARE banning them. You keep trying to spin a narrative that this wasn’t a big deal and it isn’t gonna work because the reality is… it is. And it’s a bannable offense. We can keep going in circles but the facts aren’t siding with you.
    • Like x 3
  17. Hurtyman Active Player

Here's the problem with your solution: it can still cost Mepps his job. The devs under Mepps' guidance, won't put in the effort to fix PVP or the ingame glitches because no one is going to lose their job over it, but the his righteous anger and reaction to a glitch/exploit in one of their cash cows comes from it being the kind of thing that gets people fired.

You sanctimonious Pharisees can moralize all you want, but even the worst of the exploiters didn't create the bug and fail to catch it in time. That was Mepps' team.

The reason he banned 800 accounts, and not punished them monetarily (deducting xp from the offending artifacts, op items, etc.) is Mepps is trying not to look weak to the bosses at EG7, and he can't blame this foul up on creative this time. I imagine EG7 is not exactly overjoyed with his performance lately. STU was warmed over content, Omnibus was just an okay idea, and there was almost nine months between Flashpoint and Legion of Doom. The last time we had gaps this long between content, we got Amazon Fury III and Age of Justice. Now we're getting diminishing returns. This glitch is a potential career killer.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If you really think Mepps made the decisions behind this, you clearly have no clue how a team like theirs works.
    • Like x 5
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I could hit the lottery and then be able to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or more on this game. Funny thing, though, if I was caught exploiting a glitch or bug in the game, even after outspending the average player in the game?

I'd get banned. The money I had spent would mean nothing. To paraphrase some lines from the Oingo Boingo song "No Spill Blood," all I'd get is ridicule, laughter and a trip to the house of bans for breaking the rules.

We're all on the same playing field in that regard.
    • Like x 3
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, said.

This is how I feel exactly. I don't know if you remember the time capsule glitch, but it was the same. Time capsules represented a significant portion of the game's income, so the people who stole them and got rich by putting the items on the broker, etc. didn't just harm the sales of TCs, they took away development money and required development resources, so all of the players suffered in terms of content, etc. afterwards.

Now that the game has gone completely free, artifacts are likely one of the main sources of revenue. So things that affect it end up causing problems for the loyal players that do spend money to keep things going.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.