Time to grant us the PVP feat points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thunderstrikke, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Marek Committed Player

Meh, just disable everything except weapons (no weapon mastery either) and only 1 cola to use. So nothing except 1 weapon and 1 cola .... enjoy lol.

Or..... just remove everything, and I do mean everything, and people just go into an arena and just slap each other in the face like what we use to do before a raid boss to build supercharge, until everyone on the opposing team is dead! ... I'm just spitballing here so dont hate me lol
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And this is where we differ....sorry, but that's all it is, a difference of opinion, which again...probably doesn't matter either way in the end. You say it should be easier for new players, while on a toon that is nearly 500 SP (would you just go get that last 1 SP for Pete's sake?) which I believe you had to re-start or resume recently (I don't remember everyone's back story in here). So personally I'd rather have a player like that...who comes to the game and gets into the grind...who wants to get those SP you have (maybe not all of them), but most without laying out money or asking for handouts. You are saying you'd rather have players who come in and want to get to endgame by gifts or paying for it. (I'm paraphrasing). I believe the former type of player is more invested and will stay longer and become a good player. You say that the latter is better as they can get right into being productive (that's highly subjective BTW). I'd hope we can both agree that stats aren't everything in the game, so no matter what is given, bought or earned, a bad player will still be bad...a good player will still be good, regardless. I'd also hope we can both agree that 30-50 SP doesn't really make a difference, not compared to 200 artis or 23 head mods, both of which are already for sale.

What will happen will happen, and I can come gripe about it...or you can come gripe about it...or one of us can come to drop our note of approval. This is what the forums are for to an extent.
  3. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Thank for all the feedback and thoughts. One thing I'd like to comment on: there's several arguments to the effect of "well, all old feats are a pain to go and get back, whether PVP or PVE". Agreed, but PVP ones are particularly difficult, bordering on impossible. I've been farming a bunch of old feats over the past Covid year, as I've had more time to play with working at home. Getting groups together for them has been brutal; brutal but doable for the most part. PVP I've had no such luck. Good luck getting your own team; then, as I believe some are suggesting above, we are supposed to recruit a second team to que up against? Like really? Yeah, I guess it's doable, but at some point, you have to ask realistically tough, or silly tough?
    • Like x 1
  4. bobert0317 Active Player

From what I gather from some of you is that something needs to be done with PVP. I'm not that big on PVP but not even having an option to play because the PVP community is nearly deceased is sad.

I like the idea of making PVP more unique, such as; PVP only maps, gear, artifacts, base items, etc. This way more people will play in order to obtain those things. PVP only time capsules would be a game changer. All items in the TC will only be useful in PVP and can only be obtain through PVP. Putting in some more rarer gears in there would make the PVP community have a little comeback.

The longer they go without updating PVP, the more people are just gonna want it abolish. Proxystar mentioned that "Ideally fixing PVP, just telling them to give away everything from a game mode because it has broken elements is silly, once we head down that track PVE will be next, I mean how could you justifiably say No, the moment somethings broken in PVE you'll have people demanding hands outs based on precedent."

and I don't think that will be a thing. When something in PVE goes wrong, they are quick to fix it, why?, because that's where majority of people play. Of course they're gonna fix it ASAP and PVP wasn't getting that same treatment as time went on. They basically abandoned PVP at this point and for anyone who say they didn't, when was the last time they put something out for PVP? Game Update 56 1/26/16 at 11:53 AM. Over 4 years and still nothing.

I say give the feats away or at least lie to us that something is being worked on. The PVP community is not shown enough love as it should.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I'd like to point out in regards to your idea, it's pretty much what Last Laugh was and that didn't end well. PvP doesn't earn money because most of the paid services are disabled in PvP. So part of the reason why it's not getting attention is that it lacks the monetization to help warrant allocating time and resources from something that does produce revenue.

In other regards, I do agree with you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

In all fairity they should just erase all pvp feats from game entirely then just move all associated titles to the pvp vendors then non would be at advantage or disadvantage over another while player killers keep titles as bragging wrights.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I completely agree, SP artifacts none of that make you a good player, imo its knowing your power and how to effectively play it. Rather its healing and knowing when to use x heal ability, or tank and knowing when to counter, that imo far out weighs stats. But at the same time with how the game is designed you need x amount of a stat or close to it to be deemed effective.

As for complaining, anymore I voice my opinions and move on. Unless its I get in back and forth and I usually try to only do 1 to 3 back and forth and drop it at that as I've gotten burned on going any further.

I havent restarted also, I took a year break(2 6 month breaks) 1 when Anthem was in beta and came out, then again when borderlands 3 came out. Only other time I took a break was when I bought a xb1 and was playing borderlands series on that for 3 or 4 months. Other then that I've been on dcuo.

I'm not asking for players to have a mindset of wanting everything given to them, but at least make queuing into old content so they can get feats easier, cut the counter feats diwn some for PvP something meet us halfway. So people dont feel like they have to 'sync' queues which iirc isn't allowed. Create thought tutorials to explain stuff in details like support roles duties(what stats each role should prioritize, each roles job) all of this should have been in dcuo already.

Hurts my heart knowing 10 years is almost up and still no actual tutorial has been done. Nothing to explain support roles, no support role training dummies, as it stands support roles are a after thought when creating anything in this game. Is main reason I have taken breaks from this game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

At this point, this post could only possibly be considered a troll, what you're basically saying is "if I can't have something, neither should anyone else". I think that possibly has to be the ultimate salt approach.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For the record (and you've heard me say it like 100 times) I'd say the biggest hurdle in getting things done is the need for X players in content where 1 or 2 can do it...this applies to PvP as well. (BTW...just because you are stacking the matches, doesn't mean you can't still fight it out vs trade wins...we did that when working on the feats to spice it up too). It sounds like they are finally looking into this (yea!). If those SP become easier to get (and I say you can knock out 100 SP in a week if you had 100% access to anything you wanted), NEEDING more to be granted goes away some. Now...wanting them will always be a thing.

I'm also not opposed to them coming up with some incentive to get people into PVP...special bonuses (rewards or count multiplier even) would get people into PVP more, especially if there was a focus on a map each week vs a 1 week 'go nuts' event like they did with LPVE. I've never said they have to grind out everything...just some things, like the top level stuff.

And yeah...why there is no 'official' tutorial out, I don't know. Even if they enlisted the community to make them, there are LOTS of good content creators who would probably make a great tutorial video...they do that already. Just now, DI could intake those and post them on an official link...maybe even with an ability to embed in game....that might be more technical than it's worth, but a link here on the forums or on the DCUO site would do wonders.

I usually also try to live by the 1 to 3 (maybe 4 or 5) back and forths. Past that it devolves into walls of text (like this one) that are basically "OH YEAH....YOUR OPINION SUCKS!". That's when I start trying to defuse with a bit of humor. As always, no hard feelings...if we all agreed on everything the forums (and world) would be boring place.

Now...go get that 1 SP dangit!o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea its 15 feat points and I plan to get them today some how so I can be in the 500sp club finally.
  11. Walvine Well-Known Player

Nope it's 100% fairness the reason you trully avoid debating the request jumping to troll card is because it's exact reverse Same spectrum of the original posters request, My gues is you may not want the change to go either way because it's a skill point advantage you do not want to lose at the same time you dont want pvp feats made easy added for newer players for exact same reason while ignoring the fact that every one would be brought closer to a fair balance in an already broken pvp environment ,Now for some salt I don't blame you selfishness it is human nature ,Almost no one really want to play the MOBA part of this game after all dcuo supposed to be a mmo action rpg!.

No need to panic though Devs will never listen to pvp fix's or pvp balance requests the community has been asking for them for atleast over 5 years now , Dimensional Ink (daybreak)are right now instead focused on new untitled next generation mmo rpg , Any new revamps for dcuo are extremly unlikley .
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok but none of that is hapoening and none of that is planned to happen. Devs have said (as i understand it) that theres no plans to work on PVP so while i agree with you that its a feature an thus should be fixed, as i understand it theres no plans to fix it making your points moot. I wish they would but since they havent, arent, wont, etc then im in favor of just tossing it, granting the feats an moving on.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Solves nothing
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except its not happening an not gonna happen (unless a dev has said otherwise, but i havent seen it).
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wow thats a reach.....
    Your comparing PVP which is u supported and has no plans to be supported and not enough players participate to give you a chance to get the feats to elite pve which is not broke an ppl Do participate in?? B
    Holy apples an oranges batman.........
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, nice attempt to rebait the hook, I'll be right back though, the other kids are playing with the big yellow truck and it's not my turn so I'm going to smash it, be back in a minute :)
    • Like x 1
  17. spikeat Well-Known Player

PVE and PVP feats are different as PVP feats doesn't get easier over time. PVP difficulty stays pretty much the same because you're playing against other players.

If you're a healer in PVP, how comfortable are you having 3-4 players target you while they drain your health and interrupt your heals? Will you know when to use your healing abilities?

I just looked at your feat list and you barely have any PVP feats completed if any. You've been playing for so many years, even when PVP queue times were not an issue. The counters only requires 50 wins. How can you ask them to meet you half way when you haven't put any effort into trying all these years? This also leads me to believe that even if devs fix the PVP population, you still will not get all the PVP feats.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You missed the point of my post. The argument was that pvp is subjectively "not fun" because it's broken ergo hand out feats to me.

My point was that PVE at numerous times and quite commonly persistently so, is equally broken, but it would be ridiculous to come in here and go

Elite content is broken, give me the feats, it's equally ridiculous to come in here and say "pvp is broken, give me feats"

PvP 100% has issues but the suggestion it's impossible is what's a massive overreach, it's not impossible, at all.
    • Like x 1
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

How did u draw the conclusion anyone or too many ppl are jumping on a bandwagon quick? I need access to your data apparently. Seems your just assuming so because you disagree.....hmmmmm....... Perhaps these ppl in favor have tried an tried an tried an tried an guess what, are still tryin an just cant spend enough time in the game sitting idle in Q waiting so the feats truly are unattainable. And if its broke/dead to that point, they prob should be added to the CR skip?
    ~Proxy this part is NOT directed at you lol~
    I dunno what the solution is. Seems unattainable feats in an abandoned system needs something done an these ppl sayin “earn it” as an answer are just trolling. They have to be trolling. no response so dumb can be serious can it???
    Me: Q’s up...... nothing for hours
    Me: comes to forum Suggesting adding feats to CR skip
    Anti-featers: No you gotta earn it
    Me: earn it how? I have been attempting to do it and cant get in the content because its broken an dead
    Anti-featers: dont care, earn it
    Me: your not listening, it cant be earned in the current state
    Anti-featers: dont care, i earned it (when it was popular an ppl did it mind you) so you EARN it
    Me: naturally assumes responses so stupid must be trolling........
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It wasn't a statement that requires data because it wasnt derived to speculate or even concisely describe a set figure of people.

It was used to describe a mindset of anyone who at any time jumps on a bandwagon without giving it much thought because it's the obvious face value knee jerk reaction.

I was describing the sentiment or reaction not outlining any number of individuals actually knee jerking, just stating that too many people tend to react this way.

In my specific post I was pointing out that people tend to jump on the "free bandwagon" without thought because who wouldn't, it's the immediate go to position dictated by human nature because everyone likes free stuff and everyone likes the path of least resistence and it's therefore the default position people generally speaking move away from, not towards.