First tease to Episode 39 Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That would make no sense whatsoever, since Batman Beyond is only fifty or so years in the future, while the Legion is from the 31st Century. Bruce Wayne is still alive. You're off by about 930 years.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's going to be on test any day now because it's going to be released within weeks. Expecting a significant redesign of anything now is nuts. It's not going to happen because it's not possible.

The time frame for feedback that could be incorporated in design is probably something like six months out. And, yes, they didn't even give us a clue until a couple of weeks ago, so that couldn't happen.

But it's the way it is.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The big bad in the episode was revealed to be Mordru. The second teaser on Twitter mentioned the Emerald Empress. Both are magic users in the far-flung future and both teaser images looked like they might be in the same area. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that it's a spot that's completely separate from other areas of the episode. Plus magic users tend to like dragging those heroic interlopers into some mystical realm to throw them off/have some kind of advantage, regardless of what time period we're dealing with. LOL

Also, there's this from the episode announcement:

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LONG LIVE THE LEGION:
    • LONG LIVE THE LEGION will offer standard and elite versions of the content, with level-agnostic event versions of the content available free to all players for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning allies and adversaries, including founding members Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Lightning Lad as well as their foes Mordru, Emerald Empress, and Validus.
    • The storyline will include adventures set in the distant future, featuring 31st Century Metropolis, the Legion's HQ, and more.
    • The open-world 31st Century Metropolis will feature improved World Boss encounters, rewards, and mechanics.
    Best not to jump to conclusions from a couple of teasers. Just brings to mind all those folks who would say things like "Munitions is just a reskinned Gadgets" or "Celestial is just Sorcery with a new paint job" and those kinds of sentiments were dispelled pretty quickly once we got a chance to go hands-on with those powers.
    • Like x 5
  4. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I don't get why anyone would be complaining about Magic. Mordu is a Magic user. Do you want him to use pistols instead?
    • Like x 3
  5. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

While it is great to get teased on what's coming. I do think the expectation was for something like this -
    [IMG]
    Or at least this -
    [IMG]

Here's hoping that is still the case and the best is yet to come.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The announcement does say we're going to 31st Century Metropolis so yeah, seeing something like in those pictures is pretty much guaranteed to be the open world portion of the episode.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

There will be *plenty* of future tech, y'all but also, yes, some magic - because Mordru and Emerald Empress. As we get closer and "tighten up the graphics" for the futurey stuff, I'm sure Marketing will be showing off some of it.
    • Like x 12
  8. Eve YouTuber

I trust you guys to make it cool and fun, Emerald Empress is one thing I'm personally excited for! (reveal her?? :) )
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

You think in the future we can get some khandaq type of DLC? A desert and black adam theres plenty of potential with this one :)
    • Like x 1
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Honestly, I’m trying to put a good face on it because I’m really happy the Legion is getting some attention. But I think one of my league mates just summed it up best. He’s an on and off again player; and he remarked that every time he comes back to the game, he comes back to hell. Not a metaphor - literal hell. The environments are fire and lava and demons and skulls, etc. And what’s the first teaser for Legion? Hell.

What is going on with that? Seriously.
    • Like x 2
  11. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Unholy matrimony reskinned?
    • Like x 1
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

No, people don't want to fight magic Villians or episodes related to magic is what they are saying.
  13. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Oh but it's Hell in the future? LOL! I know what u and others are saying. Another H E double hockey sticks...?!
  14. Extinction Active Player

I love fighting magic Villians and playing episodes related to Magic, magic Fx are beautiful
    • Like x 3
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

A good idea would be to do it around the movie coming out. That's hard to time as Patchwork was supposed to be with Wonder Woman 1984 but the release got pushed back. JL Snyder Cut, The Batman, Flash and Black Atom are the next movies. It would be nice if they did Episode themes based on those.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I personally would like to be surprised which dlc will be the next rather then knowing it months before. And this may result is less fun continent if they force themselves to do what the movies do.. i dont think thats good.
  17. KN1TE Dedicated Player

The idea is to cross promote. They have done some of this before with movie posters and timing of Aquaman, Wonder woman episode etc. So if someone likes the movie or TV show they can go play the game. It has the potential to draw new players and excitment around the movie as a lot of marketing money goes out for them. Why DCUO has not had plugs/ads in the TV series or movies has never made sense (cents). AT&T/WB owns DC and have put Batman/Bruce Wayne with an AT&T phone. They could easily allow at an end of TV show to play DC online...use CODE: FACEYOURFEAR
    Something like that to promote the game.
    There are more positives that line up with knowing what's coming.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Awesome! That is definitely a plus for you, but what about the other dc fans that don't care for magic? What about Batman? Superman?

This game is about DC Comics, which is not exclusively magic, but yet we've had way too many magic themed content. Everyone used to joke about how batman got the most content, it's definitely not true. I'd argue that we have about 50% magic content right now. It's frustrating to us who don't care for it, but love this game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

From what Charon and Mepps said It looks like a mix of Tech and Magic. Not Just Magic.
    • Like x 4
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I saw that. I understand it too. I just think we have so many themes others than magic we could have explored. It just seems like they default to magic in every one.

It was more diverse in the classic game.
    • Like x 2