Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't work like that. The only way you can change the appearance of something color locked is by slapping a material over it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That already exists with MATERIALS! For instance, here's the Silver Material applied to the Green Energy Construct Dual Pistols:

[IMG]
    Some of the Materials are solid colors, such as the Champions Materials Pack! And over time, I expect that more solid color Materials may be released. :cool:
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

similarly i'm using one of the lantern weapon pack styles specifically the yellow energy foci for hand blasters, i like the shape and all (as they're rather unique in that regard) but i really just want to change them to a green color, most of our recent and past materials don't quite work with my over all color scheme and are solid, but if materials are the only method let's hope the devs and art team at some point put in a glowing material, specifically i sort of like the effects on kilowog's armor.
  4. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Yeah right, seriously the Supergirl's full style (more cape and boots and short) and martian manhunter's full style (more cape and chest) make me scream too, even though the Martian Manhunter's style from different Earths and timelines have been requested many times and before u come here no one used to care :confused:
  5. speedster1981 Committed Player

What about this style [IMG]
    or the older style

[IMG]

What about Hawk and Dove you could even see that there was a female Dove style too

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. speedster1981 Committed Player

What about a Bane inspired style with the tubes and all[IMG]
    It would be really cool if the brute build in character creation was much taller too
    • Like x 2
  7. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Just saw this and wanted to let you know these eyes were requested 2 years ago and now exisits.
    Why just too late?!
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

this could be interesting, i was kind of hoping at some point the larger builds (striker large, brute large, spark large etc) could be given more height, or even just add a different physical build modeled after darkseid/bane's towering physical frames. i would definitely pay for a body type respec token for a taller toon.
    • Like x 2
  9. Krossssss Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG] Would make for a AWESOME fire character
    • Like x 2
  10. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Sideways [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Krossssss Well-Known Player

For a villain look i would love The Bat who laughs "Robin Zombies included" or Both looks [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Krossssss Well-Known Player

I know lot of people i know love Jamie the Blue Beetle [IMG]
  13. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Its amazing that the Devs made this thread, so I can finally ask something that is long overdue: Why is there no samurai armor and hairstyle in this game, after all this years?!:(

A classic samurai armor. I desperately need this for one of my toons.

[IMG]

This one could serve as inspiration to a demonic samurai armor style for villans. I personally like the moving red eye in the center of the chest.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Wife asked for female version of Question [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkAya Dedicated Player

It's been a while since we get some new Material so how about some tintable fabric/leather Material? Not everything I want to cover using material has to be gold or glowy right? Recent iconic gear or NPCs has some cool textures on their styles so why don't make a material like that? I think it'd be very useful.
    • Like x 2
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

So, a lot of us have thrown out more extraterrestrial-y styles enough that I’m sure the developers are sick of hearing it lol
    Things like head pieces that look organic to change the shape of the head. Extra arms. Differently shaped arms or hands. Extra eyes. Differently shaped legs or feet that look organic. The list goes on.
    What about a fin on the head? Does anyone else think we need one to add a more extraterrestrial look? Or have we overloaded the developers enough?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I would like tentacle arms and face for next summer.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Agree. A tentacle arm would be great. If they can pull off holding a weapon or wearing a Lantern ring on a hook. They can pull off a tentacle. In my opinion at least.
    I’ve also thrown out Kilowog’s mouth flaps and the tentacles G’hu has growing from the back of his head.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh Renee would be great. But just the mask would satisfy my needs for both of my characters genders.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

Wanted Hexagon costume even before beta, when I was super excited about DCUO development before launch, I remember the vids with Jim Lee.
    Too bad those costume sets were altered or never released like Hexagon's costume.
    I need the sexy ninja stuff and the dual katanas too much!

[IMG]

[IMG]

I know the trend lately has been releasing more iconic styles but last year we had the Exobyte Origin costume based on Fracture, who was on the original trailer too so why not?