Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yeah i worded it wrong, what i meant is that there is no "success" rate for the breakthroughs, so they are 100% guaranteed.
    • Like x 1
  2. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Hmmm. I got the impression that players would be given "golden exobytes" that would give them stats comparable to what they were pre-conversion. I assumed that included stats that come from mods as well, so if that's the case, there's no reason to remove them before the 18th. Did I mishear what was said?
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Q: Will Augment Exobytes only come from in-game sources, or will they also be purchaseable on the marketplace?

Q: Will static Augments provide role-specific bonuses, or are they limited to one specific stat only? (In other words, do I get bonus health in tank role from equipping dom/power augments, or do I have to specifically install one health, one power, and one dom, etc.?)
    • Like x 1
  4. IamShifty Active Player

Thank you for this!
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

i heard that but i thought they said those were going to be gifted to us automatically and based on gear level? might have to Rewatch
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Gear will no longer even have slots, so I doubt they'll get destroyed. Probably just converted.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

So I take it I'm cleaning out my PVP mods as well?

Are these going to be converted to Golden exobytes automatically?
    • Like x 1
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

Confusing: (Dev confirmation would be appreciated)
    Q: How many golden exobytes will we get?
    Mepps: You will be granted Golden Exobytes based on your CR.
    NoP: Your equipment mods will transfer to Golden Exobytes
    Confusion: Will we get a set number based on our CR, or based on the equipment mods currently in our gear?

This is what i need to know as well

I think everyone gets Golden Exobytes that will be relevant to where you are in the game, the stats will be on par to where they fill everyone should be?

And NOP is saying our current mods get transfered into extra XP?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.

Artifact seals will work.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Tactical mods remain the same. Generator mods will drop instead of be crafted, but otherwise remain the same.
    • Like x 4
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is not planned. It remains cosmetic.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The permanent four augments on the bottom of the screen have no breakthroughs. The top two (that are replaced in content) will.
    • Like x 3
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

So there is gonna be success rate for those breakthroughs???
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The highest item level will increase each episode for augments.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, you will. As mentioned earlier, you can slot augments into your armory just like a piece of gear.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It has to do with finances. You can't make a purchase on PSN for a PC account, and vice versa.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In the future, augments will both increase stats and have content-specific bonuses.
    • Like x 4
  18. zTsunami Level 30

I see, but what about the drop versions? Would it be too much trouble to mark the purchased version as account bound?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Aren't the augments static? So they're in your body at all times? How do they work with your armory exactly?

Also can you just stick 4 might augments in and stack for DPS or are you forced to split these if you want to function more adequately in both roles? i.e. 1 might, 1 vit etc. etc.
    • Like x 1
  20. Perdition Committed Player

Are we still able to augement towards both roles? Unless ive missed it, i didnt hear anything being said about it. By the looks of it u can spec fully towards a main role. But lets say that u wanne troll, can you just switch your armory and get troll mods into your augments? Otherwise this is gonna kill Sub-roles. And i bet most people play both roles.
    • Like x 1