Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You are granted Golden Exobytes by completing a mission when you log in. This mission gives you an amount of golden exobytes based on your CR, so that you can drop them into your mods right away and have mods at an appropriate level for your CR.

This, in effect, replaces your equipment mods.

Also, any leftover anything from R&D that's NO LONGER used in the Augment system (like unslotted equipment mods) will have an amount of augment (item) xp on them, which you can fortify into your new augments.
    • Like x 3
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They work exactly like a piece of gear. They're on your body in the same way your boots are equipped.

You can stack DPS if you want to. You are not forced to use any certain combination.
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You would use armories to swap between different sets of augments, if you're playing multiple roles.
    • Like x 4
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

so basically the mods in your gear now get sucked in as XP and Everyone will be gifted Golden exobytes relative to there CR level?
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That part is cool. They have their own inventory tab (i.e. you don't have to equip/unequip from your traditional inventory. You just select the ones you want from a list. I think you basically start off with all possible stat augments (power, health, health and power not sure, might, precision, etc.) and then choose which ones you want to level/pursue.

Aug-Bytes-Stones-Metal still take up space in your normal inventory though.
  6. Perdition Committed Player

Thank you! One last question, do we need to extract our mods out before the update hits? Or will the update do this for us (and give us the bytes) instead?
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

So if you play both roles, this is going to take 6 inventory or bank slots when not equipped, correct?
  8. Perdition Committed Player

What i noticed is that they removed power and stacked it with the vitalization mod.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps, if I want to buy an extra regular augment, where do I buy it from and what does it cost?
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you do not extract your mods, they will simply disappear. It is not really worth your effort to do so.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can't. You'll be given four of every kind (all you'd ever need).
    • Like x 3
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Augments have their own inventory, so no.
    • Like x 2
  13. Maxabel New Player

Thx for the response.
    It's a neat cosmetic by the way, kudos to the team.
  14. Coelha Well-Known Player

Uhhh... This is pretty bad, only of the main issues with artifacts are the breakthroughs with the low success chances. Hoping you guys reconsider it or at least make so the success chances are high enough (50/60%+) in a way we aren't forced to buy seals in order to upgrade the artifacts.

Thanks for the answers though, I know most of the things are out of your control, Mepps, but try to not let them make augments another reason for players to leave the game. #Transparency
  15. Proxystar #Perception

So If I'm wanting to keep the exobytes to put in to new augments, I am going to have to extract them before this releases? or are you saying it isn't worth my time to do so?
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps I take it augments are still active in PVP arenas?
    • Like x 2
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

So question lets say i have the latest mods in my gear 178 Might and somebody else has like maybe lower stat beta mods in their gear.

After we do that mission it doesnt matter what kind of gear mod you had previously everyone is getting the same golden exobytes granted and your previous mods will not get converted into some sort of XP for the augment?
    • Like x 1
  18. SuperHarley Active Player

What about ALTS? :(
  19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

How Will Augments Effect PvP Gear and Mods?
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Will there be plans to make seals more obtainable ?