Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

On test, it's easy. Salvage gear, which give you exobytes, and use those to fortify augments. Generator mods drop, so no need to craft. That's it.

There are a few ways to get more XP from exobytes, such as matching the specialized exobytes with the relevant augment, using exo-material to upgrade exobytes, or using xp boosters. But the system is much easier than the system currently on live.
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

Maybe give us 4 pvp mods but make them non equip able to the pve body?
  3. sharpy36 Active Player

4. gemii Dedicated Player

better off using my exceptional kits and getting my mods out then right? unless something changes before launch.

i guess ill wait until the 17th to see all the final decisions on everything
  5. Synisterstrike Active Player

Is it bad that I have power leveled my latest toon and have a full inventory and almost a full bank of gear to salvage in anticipation for the 18th? lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Synisterstrike Active Player

I don't think it will really make a difference, even your mods will only be worth 20 xp..regardless of what mod it is, at least that is my understanding. So if you have enough exceptional recovery kits to remove your mods...you will get the same xp whether you take them out or not. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please. :)
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

1 Eexceptional recovery kit yields 20xp
    1 mod yields 20 so

1 kit used on 1 mod returns 66-100% of bytes used.

Each of these bytes is worth 20xp

So it makes sense to use the ERKs before July 18th
    • Like x 1
  8. Synisterstrike Active Player

Fair enough
    :) I admit..looking back..I had my recovery kits mixed up...smh..its time for some sleep. Thanks :_
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

I have something like 50 old Olympian/Special Forces mods stored.

Am I best recovering the exos out of them before augments launches? Will they just vanish if I don’t?
  10. Dene Devoted Player

My understanding is the mods wont disappear - but will be worth 20xp each.. if you recover them, then each exobyteis worth the 20 xp.. but dont use the mp total recovery kits (the yellow ones) as they become boosters for your new augments
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Thank you. I’ve just recovered them all. Now have about 7000 exobytes.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Seeing as none of my toons has enough to worry about, I'm ready.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

nice

every bit counts - great start :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

Will there be Movement mode exclusive Augments ???
  15. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

Question for anyone if it’s been answered. Are golden exobytes being given to one toon only or are all alts getting them too ?
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Per character, over level 25 I’m assuming, as that’s when you’d get the Augment mission. The XP from the golden exobytes is determined by your CR.
    • Like x 1