Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

So are augments just going to increase our base stats or did they show any unique augments (ie cooldown augment, critical chance augment, etc) if these are just stay increase augments I’m going to be underwhelmed
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PS goes through PSN, which means a chunk of Daybreaks money they make from the ps mp goes to PSN I believe, therefore you can't really get something from a PC player that was purchased on the MP, as it breaches contracts and dips into legal issues of who gets the money.

That's just an educated guess based on past responses on this matter.
    • Like x 1
  3. zTsunami Level 30

Exactly, they said the new ones are dropping in game just in harder content most likely, so they should be tradeable across platforms right? but if they put on MP, it wont be..
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

There ARE breakthroughs, but there are two different kinds of augments basically.

TYPE A: Pure stat augments (the 4 slots near the bottom). These don't have any effects, just stats. They rank up via XP only, no breakthroughs needed.

TYPE B: Content-specific augments. These have effects. I'm not sure what they are, but there were basically 4 levels of effects to each. Maybe it's stuff like "do more damage to bosses in (episode name)," or "become invulnerable to Deathstroke's pyromaniacal gas attack." These augments do have breakthroughs (at least 4) and require catalysts.
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Will the Augmented stat increases include the 'bonus' that we got for modding with the correct color? +Critical Chance, for instance?
    • Like x 1
  6. zTsunami Level 30

I see, thanks for that info, I still dont understand why the ones dropping in game or on vendor wouldn't be tradeable across platforms
  7. Proxystar #Perception

won't be on the marketplace.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cause they're on the marketplace as well
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It looked like the only bonus is XP related.
    • Like x 1
  10. zTsunami Level 30

Right, but couldn't they mark the ones that have been bought from the marketplace and the ones that are dropped or bought from vendor? Making the ones dropped or bought tradeable, and the ones from MP, not tradeable?
    • Like x 1
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hrm. I know a few DPSs who won't be happy with that.

Maybe the devs just forgot about those nice little extra bonuses and will add them in while on Test.

Thanks for the response. My eyes aren't what they used to be. :)
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Would make sense to make MP catalysts account bound, I agree
    • Like x 2
  13. zTsunami Level 30

Exactly
  14. gemii Dedicated Player

simple materials, complex, elements are useless now right?
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

SJ said you can feed them to your augments for XP
    • Like x 3
  16. IamShifty Active Player

I ended up having to leave the stream when they were showing off the styles, but what is happening to our old mods? Will they still have some use? Will they be disappearing? Missed out and cant watch the replay rn
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

oh thought that was just for whatever exobytes we have saved up. Thanks
  18. gemii Dedicated Player

it will be destroyed so get them out your gear before the 18th. you can use the exobytes as xp for the augment
    • Like x 1
  19. IamShifty Active Player

Thanks! Guess I got of exceptional kits to buy tonight :)
  20. OneEyedLobo New Player

I'll be posting questions here that were answered, not answered, or were confusing on stream for those who did not catch it or did not understand the answers. Feel free to post more questions and I will update this post so that the information is easy to find for all. I will also update this with Dev responses, as well as any corrections necessary.

Answered:
    Q: How do these Augments work?
    A: Augments will work much like Artifacts, you will equip them in a special slot and be able to upgrade them by feeding them xp from new exobytes.

Q: How will we equip them?
    A: There will be a new tab next to the Artifact tab in your inventory where you can equip whichever you want.

Q: What do these Augment give us?
    A: There are 4 slots for static Augments that give stats (Dom, Vit, Might, etc.) and 2 slots for variable Augments that give Episode specific benefits (Take less damage/Deal more damage on Judas Contract content, etc.)

Q: How do we get these new exobtes?
    A: You gain them from dismantling gear and as rewards for certain content

Q: So we all get the same Augments?
    A: Depending on your mentor you will get specific Augments (Cybernetic for Tech mentors, Runes for Magic mentors, and Genes for Meta mentors). These all give the same stats, the only difference is the xp bonus they receive from the new exobytes.

Q: Xp bonus?
    A: There will be certain exobytes that drop from raids that will be called Cybernetics/Runes/Genes Exobyte that will give you a 100% xp bonus based on what you are. You will be allowed to choose these from the reward list so you should always get the ones for yourself.

Q: Is there any other way to get bonus xp?
    A: You can also get bonus xp from feeding the correct new exobytes into the correct Augment. Vitality exobytes will give 50% extra xp to Vitality Augments, Might exobytes to Might Augments, etc.

Q: So we'll have to start from scratch on these new Augments?
    A: You will be granted Golden Exobtes based on your CR which will level up your Augments to slightly higher stats of where your current equipment mods should be.

Q: What will happen to my old exobytes?
    A: Old exobytes that you have stockpiled can be used as experience to feed the new Augments.

Q: What will happen to the old crafting recipes?
    A: Items such as Chronoemitters, Personal Dampening Shields, etc. can still be crafted with a new exobyte that will spawn in the open world, additional items such as Waffers, etc. will no longer be needed. Old exobytes will no longer be obtainable.

Q: What about the old gen/equipment mods? I don't have the feat yet!
    A: Anyone that doesn't have these feats yet will be granted them on the Augment system release.

Q: Will we be granted the gathering quest as well?
    A: No. The gathering quest is still available and can still be completed with the new exobyte mentioned above.

Q: What will happen to old equipment mods?
    A: They will disappear.

Q: What about generator mods?
    A: Generator mods will remain as they are, however there are no plans for future generator mods.

Q: Will our Tactical Mods also disappear?
    A: These will remain as they are now and will still be relevant.

Confusing: (Dev confirmation would be appreciated)
    Q: How many golden exobytes will we get?
    Mepps: You will be granted Golden Exobytes based on your CR.
    NoP: Your equipment mods will transfer to Golden Exobytes
    Confusion: Will we get a set number based on our CR, or based on the equipment mods currently in our gear?

Q: Can we equip multiple Augments for one stat?
    Confusion: On the stream there were 4 Augments of the same stat, does this mean we can equip 4 might Augments? Or will we be limited to 1 Augment per stat (Ex. 1 Might, 1 Health, 1 Dom, 1 Prec)

Unanswered: (Dev confirmation would be appreciated)
    Q: Will Augments save to armories?

Q: What will happen to our Essence Purifiers? Focusing Elements? Core Elements? Essences from content? Simple materials? Complex materials?

Q: The non-static Augments require breakthroughs, will these also have a chance to fail?

Q: Will there be a level cap on Augments or will they go on endlessly?
    • Like x 4