Been practicing, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BernUnit81, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thanks you Mr. Newel. Glad you like it. I am looking forward to seeing more of it come back colored and then getting to putting it all together with words and such.
    • Like x 1
  2. JebuNagazi Active Player

Looks awsome you got some great talent there mate ;) !
    • Like x 1
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Much appreciated. Yeah, those were some older ones I did. This whole process has uncovered a lot things I enjoy about comics from a creative/storytelling process and also just reading and learning about the history of them. Thank you for the kind words. If you are looking for more of my stuff, feel free to bop over to my instagram page and look for DorkArtsStudio
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

I see you are still drawing some awesome stuff Bern !!!!

Got some great talent there Sir !!! Keep it up and please keep sharing !!!

Cheers,

~Mal
    • Like x 1
  5. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

First off.......
    [IMG]

Second, thank you sir. Very much appreciated. I just finished the last page and the back cover today. Gonna be working on the front cover this weekend. Once I get the first finished color page from my colorist, I will most definetly post it. In the mean time if you feel so inclined, head over to my Instagram - DorkArtsStudio and check out my other stuff.

and lastly,
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

So after what seems like an eternity, I have finished the book that I have been working on. A total of 30 pages of story plus 3 covers. My plan is to take a bunch of old sketches and drawings and scan them into the book in a "sketch gallery". Here is the book in its entirety. My colorist is going to work his magic and bring this thing to life. Then, I get to go in and add the dialogue and captions and stuff. The over all goal/message/theme of the book is Bernie trying to get a cup of coffee before he goes to his therapy appointment. What my plans are for writing is to make it seem like he is talking to himself throughout the book but then you learn that the book has been him recalling items/points with his therapist to highlight how he is accepting who he is more. Let me know what you think.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

*My reaction*
    [IMG]
    I have to say that I am hyped for the completed comic. Keep up the great work Bern
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looks great, even without the words, you get the idea what it's about
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you friend. I am excited to get the colored pieces back and start writing/lettering this. I am hoping to have physical copies by the end of summer/early fall. I am slowly working on ideas for the second book which would show Sydney starting in the office where Bernie left and then getting out into Blackhurst and doing what Sydney does best.
  13. Malachyte Devoted Player

Awesome stuff Bern !!!!! All very good my friend....My 2 favorites are the the 6th one down with the No Dumping and the Diner Scene....

You should look to get into a indy comic or perhaps one of your own and let your talent go from there....

..on a side note...do you still play ??
    • Like x 1
  14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like the work. To follow up to some of your comments, I am planning, once the colored pages come beck from the guy doing the digital coloring for me, I am going to digitally letter [word balloons, SFX, captions and such] to connect it all. From there I am planning to self publish it and putting it out for public consumption. My goal it to have physical copies by this fall. I am thinking I am going to add a page or two with Sydney in the office that Bernie just left for her session as a preview of sorts for the next book I am going to be working on. What do you think? I am also going to be scanning a bunch of old drawings and adding a "sketch Gallery" of sorts in the book as well.

To answer your question about playing, I am on once in a while, not nearly as much as I used to be. I still like playing but again, just not as much as I used to. I bopped down to FTP recently and will see how that goes for me. I have just been into my cartooning more than playing as of late. You?
    • Like x 1
  15. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Wow, impressive! That's quite a few pages you have so far. Keep going Bern!
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like the idea of Sydney going to the same shrink as Bern, dislike the idea of them both there at the same time (even if they don't actually interact together, even just acknowledging each other would, POO, be wrong)
    • Like x 1
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I think I said that incorrectly. My intention is not to have them come in one after the other, rather to have her in the same office [at a different/future point in time] that Bernie goes/went to and talking with the same counselor about things she is going through/dealing with. My intention is to have all 4 characters interacting with the same counselor [in different ways - Ann, I am thinking of having her in an anger management group with others. Hodges, I might keep him as a case manager at a 1/2 way house where the clinician comes in a does groups/work with others in the house - maybe Ann will be in that house - maybe might not make it a 1/2 way house in that case]. Eventually, down the road, they will all come together and then certain reveals will be made about the world.
  18. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Thank you friend. Very much appreciated. Still have a bit of work to do on it but feeling confident about it all.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, believe you said it correctly, was just adding something personally find annoying in movies or TV shows, specially when dealing with a past event or 'prequel'
    • Like x 1
  20. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

So, I just wanted to share some of the stuff I have been working on in terms of my cartoon-ing and drawing work. Here are some I have done recently and the first few pages of Syd's story. I have also decided that I am going to be getting a tablet soon and doing my own digital coloring work. Updates to follow. Thanks for looking.

Bernie
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ann
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Syd
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Hodges