Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The premium cash cap needs to be adjusted according to what the premium players has spent.
    Own all the DLC's and they should receive unlimited cash just like subscribers. I would even go as far as spending $100.00 and that should unlock unlimited cash.

The only players that would whine about this are the ones too busy coveting what others have.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Absurd, they're buying the DLC outright they're not buying a membership perk outright.

Some of you premium players need to quit this sense of entitlement you seem to have thinking you're entitled to something more than what you pay for.

What's truly sad is that you would rather complain and moan than pay the 50c per day you pay at most for subscription.

If you cut a coffee out of your day then you'll have more than enough.

Quit complaining, own your decisions, take ownership, stop asking for a hand out and make the correct purchasing decision if you need access to in game money.

And oh the irony... telling people if they complain they're coveting? Coveting what exactly? When you're up in here coveting a subscriber perk you're not prepared to pay for lol.
    • Like x 3
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm a paying sub and have been for years. I have no issues with premium players being able to unlock and or raise the cash cap based on what they have spent.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

So you're quite happy to destroy the package you're paying for making it worth less when the perk is removed while you continue to subscribe and pay more, way more than the premium player who then gets your perk.

Lol, yup that's intelligent.

But instead you somehow think a premium player deserves something extra when they're not prepared to pay the required sum.

LoL I'm sorry I just can't take you seriously. Good post would read again, 100%
    • Like x 3
  5. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Finding a cup of good coffee for fifty cents is what is absurd and I can't take you seriously.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why the subs get so ******** about this. If the cash cap is the driving force behind motivating people to sub, the the sub itself indirectly seems mediocre at best.

So many simple solutions that wouldn't compromise the holier than thou sanctity of the dearly held SUB, and allow premium players a few more options.

Such a prentetious statement.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Your perception of the situation is flawed in a major way because all you see is what they would be receiving. That would not destroy the package that any subscriber pays for. What it would do is give more players the incentive to continue playing. That in turn would give you, I and whoever is a subscriber a better subscribing experience because of more players, shorter queue times, faster PUG groups and on top of everything else is it would help balance out the broker issues.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Let's be real and honest about this for a second. One of the primary reasons players sub is the cash cap.

Whether you think that is sad is besides the point.

The devs know it , the players know it and anyone not admitting it is a primary subscription perk despite it not being the only one is lying to themselves.

So expecting the devs to budge on this issue is quite frankly insanity. You cannot expect them to destroy their business model.

I'm sorry but is it just me or do some people just lack objective and rational thinking when it comes to requests sometimes.

Also you'll note a cup of coffee costs more than 50c meaning if you skipone you'll have more than enough to pay the 50c for DC.

Thanks for reiterating my point...
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Balance out the broker issues. Oh boy you're a student of the same flawed economic principles Torikumu posts as well I see.
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Then please...by all means suggest something that the majority of current and possible future subscribers would like that will also make Daybreak happy (by keeping current subs and possibly getting them more). If no one can make a suggestion that works, then the company won't budge from the 6+ year position. It's that simple.
    • Like x 4
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you fail to acknowledge is that while it would give players incentive to continue playing, it disincentivize current subscribers (particularly those dissatisfied with the current Legendary perks) from staying subscribed...which means the company will have LESS guaranteed money coming in. The are a lot of unhappy legendaries that would drop their sub in a heartbeat if Premium status was a lot more convenient. Why would the company want to trade guaranteed income for "maybe" income???
    • Like x 3
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO would lose nothing. If anything they would get more paying customers. The subs that would leave were just looking for a reason to leave in the first place. I would drop a dollar bill down against anyone that thinks DCUO would lose money by doing something like this.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

There is so much failed logic in this statement.

They might be looking for a reason, but they still haven't left. So you give them that reason as a company, why??

You honestly want to sit here and act like premium players are paying more than members and deserve more?

Let's do a little math shall we;

15 x 12= $180 or as little as $120 up front.

Premium players 3 DLC per year $30

This means they need to spend $90 more to even catch a subscriber

And you honestly think subs don't pay more on top too.

Honestly let's be a little more sensible, shall we. Your argument is an embarrassment.
    • Like x 3
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You don't have a clue about how a free market works do you?

Did you watch the prices on the power auras? I sure did.

I bought every single one of these for an average of under 1,000,000 each on the broker. I cannot fit them all in my bank & inventory because I was able to buy so many at low prices. I still have smoke auras that I bought for under 300k a piece because of the volume of players using the broker.

[IMG]

Go look at the prices on all the Starro stuff in the broker.
    You will see that the prices are way down. Why????
    Because there are more people using the broker for those items thats why.

Maybe the deal is that you are afraid of losing the monopoly that you think that you have in the broker and having a little competition makes you nervous.
    Explain again how low prices and the broker being balanced out is a flaw. Explain how more people playing the game is a bad thing. Your perception is flawed.

If premiums had the ability to use the broker more DCUO would have sold more Resurgence capsules and that's a fact.

Mental note* I have at least ten of every power aura because of the volume of people using the broker.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You and I are in total agreement on this issue and I'm rockin' a major headache, so I'm gonna just let you take this one without adding my own saltiness into the recipe.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

That's not a fact it's an assumption. There's a difference.

The reality is you're assuming no premium player participation you assume they're all locked out and not buying escrow already.

It's all based on an assumption premium players will flood the market with goods when there's no proof they aren't already and the ones that aren't wouldn't have participated in the first place.

Show me the subscriber numbers and escrow sales your entire position hinges on... oh what's that you don't have any? Oh ok.

Also the prices are down on the starro stuff because it drops more frequently and everyone already has it.

What's truly funny is that you bought all those auras in an attempt to gain market control yet you'll lose should your position eventuate.

Like I said you don't think about your position at all in fact at this point you're probably just posting for the sake of posting.
    • Like x 2
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm posting because this is a long standing issue that should have been addressed years ago. The only players that would not like more people using the broker are the ones tied in with the gold sellers that manipulate the broker or they are afraid of competition. More players using the broker makes it harder to manipulate because of the volume and it drives prices down.

Like I said before. If premiums cap were based on what they spend and then totally unlocked after a certain point. This would drive more DLC sales from premium players and other purchase because they would not have to sub if they did not want to. As it stands right now. Players sub for a month and then quit to go play something else because of the player base that dwindle to nothingness in between the DLC's.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You have no evidence it'll drive anything at all whereas the devs and the players do know the cash cap drives subs, there's a fact for you.

You also don't have facts on population numbers or sub cancellations between DLCs or how many might be annual.

You can't just plaster this all up with anecdotal nonsense and call it sense lol
  19. Dene Devoted Player

This is actually happening right now - Premium covet what legendary Subs have but do not want to pay for it

This argument has been around since Premiums existed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You don't understand how the real world works but maybe someday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.