Development Update: Deluge!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by NerdOfPrey, Mar 16, 2018.

1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nothing mentioned about new mods so I wonder if they'll be any .
    • Like x 2
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

In regards of the base items, I'm sure SJ said there was more and what they showed was just some of it. I really, really hope that the coral plants and stuff are included, aswell as the water pillars. I'd be disappointed if the type of items they showed was as far as they went in atleantean theme.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As well as new artifacts
    • Like x 2
  4. mexmex Dedicated Player

so if I decide to sub lets say 10 days after the launch of the episode, do I still get the rewards for members (material and base items) or is only for the people actually subbed the day it launches?????
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You guys have done an amazing job for what i´ve seen so far with Deluge, loved the new models for NPC´s the new instance, nothing feels rehashed, so KUDOS for that. Looking forward to jump on test today.
    [IMG]
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Deluge looks like half of a DLC with Starro making up the other half. I’m assuming this means that the Superman event starting in April will have content equal to a half a DLC which would explain where they put their time.

They did have some additions to the existing Starro content, though. We’ll now visit Central City PD and an ancient Atlantean temple in the solo; and they added Iceberg Lounge (with a Starro’ed Penguin) as a location that can appear in the duo. They also made non-clamped versions of the old Starro duo and alert; and added new feats to the Starro stuff.

It’s also worth mentioning that they stated Deluge is not the end of this story. There will be a sequel episode in the future (likely something like the Part 2 and 3 formula we’ve had in the past). Given that, I would speculate we’ll eventually see Atlantis itself.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you missed the livestream:

• Like x 7
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I would sub NOW to be assured you get the Benefits
    Mepps did say Best to do it B4
    • Like x 4
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Are there ANY New Mods for Gear and Generator?
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

True, but it's basically all in a day's work and for people who saved up not even a financial investment. And that's what is weird to me.
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Helios Approves this thread......
  12. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Agree, feels a bit underwhelming to sell an existing event as a DLC with only some minor new content added. Will probably get it as long as they don't charge full price for it (and if they corrected the prices per country as there have been some conversion discrepancies: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/price-increase.293352/page-3#post-4072419)
    • Like x 1
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is the starro event and feats here to stay forever? I don't have to worry about doing them all within the time limit?
  14. MikeYancy25 Level 30

What is the CR for the vendor gear and will the 212 OP items still be relevant to this DLC?
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

First of all. Thank you for making STARRO a permanent DLC. :) I loved that event & hated seeing it leave.

I just skimmed through the preview and caught a few things because I have a few things that need to get done. From what I saw everything looks awesome. Kudos to you & the whole dev team for the outstanding work. The detailing with the scales looks amazing. I can hear the cries now about the mechanics in the raid. LOL Again great work and I look forward to playing this content.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I finally unsubbed and I will not be returning for this. So disappointed.
    • Like x 2
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

copy and paste content dont get 5 stars
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yup it’s gonna be rough waters for a while :p
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the cut scenes look amazing. happy you went with the more classic, clean cut sea king.

styles are nice but as usual very little there i can apply to my characters. pretty much the cape, maybe the headpiece depending on how it clips with some of the hairstyles. i would have been more excited to see heels on meras boots.

the base items and the material is a very sweet gift.

happy to see a new solo instance.

think i like how the op items are going to get handled.

sadly all of this comes as secondary to the !@#$ed up !#$ you guys did to mental powers.

going to have to sit most of this out. trying to wean myself off the game so i can totally quit.

thanks.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. To be super-clear, the end-game content is here permanently, while the event content will only be here until the next dlc. The feats can all be completed in the end-game content, so those won't ever go away.