Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Munroe New Player

Just some straight-up normal knives.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Megzilla Developer

Hey gang, I'll be looking through this thread to start gathering ideas on weapons. We aren't looking at new weapon TYPES, and it's easier to pitch weapon styles that are more of a theme rather than iconics (ie: steampunk weapons vs Batarangs) but I'll be taking notes on the most requested ones.
    • Like x 5
  3. Wonder Womann Level 30

More Greek/Amazonian shield styles please;)
  4. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

- Finish off the Marketplace Lantern themes.
    - Finish off the Marketplace Power themes (Munitions, Atomic, Water, etc)
    - Kryptonian Military themed (the weapons General Zod's forces use in Phantom Zone)
    - More seasonal weapons (We have the candy cane style for Christmas, we need more!)
    - Dual Wield Scarecrow's Cleaver (It's already in the game btw just no longer obtainable)

Also, on the topic of new weapons styles, can we see a rare weapon style vendor please? I know a lot of people would love to see one and have been requesting it as well. The rare styles that appear in specific DLC's such as Prime (Prime Brainiac), Home Turf (Retro-Futurisitc/Turf), Hand of Fate (Arcane), Halls of Power II (Synthium-Braided) and many more DLC specific ones. If the weapon style vendor is not feasible for what ever reason, can we at least get them via drops in the weapon boxes for newer content going forward? Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Something like "street war" but a little crazy...

I'd love to get a 2 handed weapone which is a STOP sign. The same as a shield. a ripped walkway pole as a one handed. A bow that looks like it has been assembled from street metal scraps. a potato gun as a rifle. A set of water guns as dual pistols....
    • Like x 1
  6. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Swords.
    With previous weapon styles we got a lot of weird hammers and axes for 1 hand and 2 hand weapons, despite constant requests for swords.
    I remember it was asked years ago why we kept getting hammers and axes and the official answer was "I dunno".
    Maybe make it a rule that we only get swords for 1h and 2h unless the weapon is an iconic DC weapon.

One often requested style was Azrael's flaming sword, instead we got, you guessed it, a fire hammer. :confused:
    Weapons with tintable fire auras would be cool.
    • Like x 2
  7. LANTERN DEATHZARRO Active Player

Hi! It would be nice to have the option to show/not show the weapons. I really would like to walk around with my Swords, would be awesome.
  8. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Probably to late to request now, but really hoping for Aquamans pentadent with Deluge.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I believe that i post here but...I'm not sure so...some ideas:
    -Asymetric styles (in duals).
    -Street stuff as weapons (traffic lights as a sword, a stop signal for a shield, etc).
    -Sports objects (as Kasey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a tennis racket, pool stuff, etc).
    -More heads of animals/monsters for brawling like this.

-Sword and shield for one-handed, two wield and shield (they'll remaind with the same combat movements but instead of two swords it could be a sword and a shield). In this sense you can mix weapons that exits on the game.

-Personaly i would like to see in dual wield this sword (ropera) and dagger (vizcaína) style, it's awesome.
    • Like x 1
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

They actually already have one called Sea King's Trident (It's currently on the broker for 900,000-3,000,000)
    Here's my Water Hero Tsunamisan using it .
    [IMG]Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 6.24.48 PM by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

While waiting for that weapon style to maybe become available some day, what at least a couple other players are using in the meantime is the existing Greco-Roman Trident Staff Style...

[IMG]

...combined with the new Gold Material that's available from the Marketplace as part of the Champion's Material Pack! It ends up looking like this:

• Like x 1
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi Meg

Any chance we could get current weapons styles on the rare style vender for 10 marks?

Here's my thinking: I want the misted handblasters on my GL/YL.. I have them on my Red Lantern. I do Love & War raid, which gives a *chance* of getting a weapon, THEN a *chance* of getting that weapon as blasters. So you can see its pretty slim.

New Weapon styles.. I'd love to see powerset themed weapons, if Electric.. say, the weapon sparks/conducts electricity, if Fire little jets of fire puff out randomly, If Earth sand swirls around.. you get the idea :) .. the Voltaic and Fire ones were okay, as a start but could be expanded on and much improved (as they are idk 4 years old?).

They *could* be called 'Powerset' and change depending on your powerset.

what do you guys think?
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I have done that already (see below). FYI Bronze Material looks great for the Aquaman chest, however I haven't done that in this pic.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

Hard not to pick on Iconics *cough*Penguin's umbrella rifle *cough*, but if you need styles I'd say very textured Middle Ages weapons. Mostly wood and iron with leather strappings
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Ok Megzilla and thx **
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I said it before, I’ll say it again. We need the rest of the colors for the light construct weapons styles.
    • Like x 1
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Yes it is :(
  18. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

While packs of the rest of the light would be nice, what about packs for the rest of our existing power sets? Except Atomic, all powers make sense modified into physical weapon shapes. Perhaps biohazard devices modified into weapons for Atomic.
    • Like x 1
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Weapon THEMES
    WHIPS CHAINS... MULTIPLE DIFFERENT GUNS.
    ROCKET LAUNCHERS.. Dual machine guns. Dual Uzi.. Dual Shotguns..
    Customizable Detonator (gadgets inspired)
    Side kick customizer (for pet powers) Choosing and purchasing what youd like your pet form to look like related to your power.
    Knifes.. (joker inspired)
    BLades.. (Blade inspired)
    Claws.(catwoman and cheetah inspired)
    Pots and pan..
    Bombs..
    Grenades..
    Different styles of swords.. Rhttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/0VvfBaNuyaI/maxresdefault.jpg

New fighting STYLES
    Kickboxer fighting style (Combo kicks/MA 2.0 base)
    Boxer fighting style (BRawling 2.0 base)
    sorcerer fighting style (projectile base)

GEAR STYLE
    Also interested in Anime style gear.. Long trench coats.. Dragging capes.. Ripped/torn clothes..

ANIME HAIRSTYLES.. or just enable all the women hairstyle for the men. That should take care of that..

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1552/15524586/3047496-3040859-screen%2Bshot%2B2016-04-05%2Bat%2B1.21.54%2Bpm.png

All i can think of at the moment..
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

THIS!! this would put DCUO on a WHOLE OTHER GOD LIKE level