Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Since I use a staff, can ask for The Persuader's Axe as a staff style? Or is that dumb have the Atomic Axe as a staff and not a two handed weapon?
  2. Megzilla Developer

I'm sorry, I really can't speak to styles on vendors. I'm really just collecting community feedback on what people want for styles :(
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

Happy to take iconic suggestions. Just don't want a weapon class to feel left out because there aren't any iconics in their style.
  4. Megzilla Developer

Probably the latter lol :p
    • Like x 1
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Really? What weapon class doesn't have an Iconic version?

#ChallengeAccepted
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

...darn.
    Time to re-download all the issues the Persuader appears in and try to find a shot of him carrying it like a staff. Sure that probably won't change anything. But finding a shot of him holding it like a staff adds a grain of hope. lol
  7. Megzilla Developer

I am so not the right person to answer that lol.
  8. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Can we get a punching car, oh Devstroyer of Tokyo Megjira?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

...Also handy if you need to open jars of pickles.
    • Like x 1
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

Megzilla, any chance we can get dedicated weapon packs for powersets like we used to?

We are missing weapon packs that represent Munitions, Water, and Atomic.
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's because with Munitions, you can LITERALLY use ANY gun and it works, because that Power Set is all about SHOOTING ALL THE THINGS WITH ANY GUN THAT'S HANDY! ;)

There ARE guns in the game that look like Squirt Guns! ;)

Also, not to put too fine a point on it, but you can apply the new TINTABLE Water Material (if you're lucky enough to have it) to ANY Weapon Style in the game to make a water version of it that's colored to your liking! ;)

That one's trickier, because what weaponry does an Atomic character even have need of? Given the nature of their power set, they don't really need weapons. My Atomic character uses Hand Blasters as his weapon style, so he can be seen just shooting beams of raw energy right from his hands. The most I would do is make a Hand Blaster Style visible, but it's not even necessary with that character.

But if you're determined to have an actual weapon style that's visible on your Atomic character, I'd recommend something with a science-fictiony, "Atomic Age" look to it. That just feels right to me. ;)

As always, that's just my 2 cents, For Whatever It's Worth, and Your Mileage May Vary. ;)
  11. Vagrant Committed Player

The lore behind the weapon styles is not the point. They used to have marketplace weapon styles that represented each power set. They were VERY VERY popular aka profitable. I am suggesting to make new ones for the missing power sets, trust me they could come up with styles for Munitions, they did it with Gadgets.
  12. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Dear developers
    It is realy good to see more and more good styles in the games but may i ask for "correcting" two old but good looking stlyes?
    I am talking about the Malevolent wings the players can buy in the Marketplace, there is one part of it which does not fit into the animations.
    As flying there is nothing wrong with it but when standing on the ground it makes me sad a little.
    I am posting a few pics
    [IMG]https://imgur.com/a/nOUcB
    https://imgur.com/a/GN5jK
    The second one is the Boots style of the Wizardy set. The animation while standing is inside the body when it is used wothout the other parts, and it glitches out when flying.
    https://imgur.com/a/8KOJg
    https://imgur.com/a/C1Z8l
    Maybe these are problems only for me but it is a litle dorn in the eye.
    If i will have some good ideas than i will post them here
    Thank you.
    ~Zurox
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Which one is based on Gadgets? Digital?
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

Yeppo!
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That... actually makes sense!

But my point still stands: You can use the Liquid Material, if you have it, to make your own Water Weapons for the time being, based on any weapon style you like, just reskinned with that liquidy look! :D
  16. Vagrant Committed Player

You can but once the Liquid Material becomes no longer available wouldn't you like the game to make a profit by offering a weapon skins pack for water?

I'm just suggesting something that was done in the past relatively easily and sold very well!
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not for nothing, but who uses weapons anymore. I appreciate the effort for new weapon styles and all, but I'd rather they be useful first. Unless only duel wield and bow are being changed.
  18. Megzilla Developer

Yeah! I'll write it down!
  19. Vagrant Committed Player

You are the best Meg! Do you post DCUO content on your twitter by chance?
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Please do. We need the rest of the lantern weapon packs and a water weapon pack.

You're awesome by the way. :)
    • Like x 2