Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Volle Active Player

We need GunBlades dual pistol styl [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. tomb241 New Player

Whips I love DCUO so let me be Catwoman
    • Like x 3
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I saw ppl talking about adding wands in chat last night, and I see a few posts for it already here! I second that!

Also, one of the armored guards I saw defending the Science Spire in the Metropolis Invasion Zone, I couldn't tell if he was STAR Labs or LexCorp, but his sword looked like a light blue construct for the blade, like a circuit board made of energy and shaped as a blade. I would very much like to have that! And weapons similar to that!
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I think that might be in one of the MP weapon style packs. Digital or something like that?
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

how about making an "invisible weapons pack"?
    basicly, all your weapons (and effects) disapear.
    you wouldn't even need new designs for it at all!
    take a look at this guy, holding the "invisible staff":
    [IMG]
    a random canadian with invisible riffle:
    [IMG]
    here another one, showcasing invisible bow:
    [IMG]
    a dude with dual pistols:
    [IMG]
    a dual wielding dual wielder:
    [IMG]
    marilyn manson with two handed:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Pretty sure those pics are all air guitar :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's the possibilities, based on the given description:

Cerebral Weapons Pack
    [IMG]

Digital Weapons Pack
    [IMG]

Temporal Weapons Pack
    [IMG]

And yes, all of these options have to be PURCHASED from the Marketplace, but then they can be redeemed/claimed by ALL characters on your account.
  8. Earth742 Well-Known Player

While I do plan to get those packs eventually, the weapons I referenced were not in the pack but used by NPCs already in game. The LexCorp?/STAR Labs?-guy was near the Science Spire in the Anti-Matter Invasion Zone.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Take a screenshot, then, and post it, so we can see the exact sword you're referencing.
  10. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I'll have to see if I have screens of the fight; the one I saw disappeared after the enemies were beat. That particular friendly NPC I have not seen since.
  11. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Qwardian Thunderer one handed big old lightning bolt. I think I might have mentioned it before.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's part of the reason why some of us thought it was a style usable by Player Characters. That might not have actually been a Non-Playable Character. It might have been a Player Character with a similar costume. The 3 sword styles I posted fit, at least to some degree, the description you gave. And it would be best for you to go into the Marketplace and check out the preview of them, so you can see the animation effects. The Cerebral one, especially, is more impressive when you see it fully animated.

I even checked the Dual-Wield and Two-Handed Weapon Styles looking for something similar, but I didn't see anything other than the ones I posted that could fit your description.
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

That lightning bolt from the anniversary...
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

^^ yeah ^^ the box could be named "air weapon pack" for example :D
    since i hate most of the WM's, it would be usefull to hide those unliked.
    if only dual wield would hide the pellets when using, that would be great!
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I saw an NPC using an Invisible/"Air" Rifle last night in the Anti-Monitor Events area! :D
  16. Earth742 Well-Known Player

LexCorp SpecOps Trooper
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Controlled_LexCorp_SpecOps_Trooper
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...Trooper.png/revision/latest?cb=20170519001438

Spotted him on the last alt I was running for the night. Wasn't satisfied w/ the screens I got, so I looked it up.
    Both the regular & Controlled LexCorp SpecOps Trooper is clear Dual Wielding a sword and a fighting knife! These SHOULD be ingame, available from LexCorp and other tech vendors.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/SpecOps
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dcuo/images/6/68/SpecOps2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131005065929
    That rifle too...
  17. Annamaniac Level 30

One-handed- I'd love to be able to obtain the lightning style that the Qwardian Officers use in the Anti-Monitor Event.

Beyond that I'll have to really think about it. I can give you a few ideas about what base Items I'd love to see come out. If there's ever going to be a thread for that.
    • Like x 2
  18. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That sword appears to be the Tech Ninja Sword that IS in the game for Player Characters, as a One-Handed Weapon Style:

[IMG]

But I've also heard it's quite hard to come by. :(

The knife appears to be the Tech Jambiya One-Handed Weapon Style:

[IMG]

There's also a Dual-Wield version of the knife, but so far, there doesn't appear to be a Dual-Wield version of the sword for Player Characters. Hope that helps. :)

That would be the Rifle Style known as Sniper Rifle. It's already in the game for Player Characters:

[IMG]

Sinceriously, bookmark the Wikia Styles Page and refer to it regularly to ID styles you've seen and liked. It'll quickly become your best friend for this game, at least in regards to IDing styles you like, anyway. ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Volle Active Player

we need a sword and dagger dual wield styl [IMG]
    • Like x 1