The free Batsuit launched me all the way up to CR 108

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Now I just got a new weapon from the earth 3 duo which made me go to cr 109.

I only have WotL Part 1 DLC, and i'm not elegible for MoV from Solo, Duos :/

What do I do now besides buying a new DLC/Ep?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Go legendary
    • Like x 11
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Basically buy a new DLC/Ep since Legendary is not worth for me.
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You can also just play Earth-3 event content until you hit a CR threshold for an episode you're interested in.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Go Legendary
    • Like x 5
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

If your motive is to move forward in progression that is the way to go, otherwise you will be stuck with outgeared content and occasional event-content.
    • Like x 4
  7. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Subbing to a game for me requires more time devoted to it.

I rather buy a EP for half the price of a Legendary thus having ilimited access to it evne if I decide to stop than pay for a legendary and waste money if I decide to take a break for 1 day.

I'm doing it right now.
  8. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Go legendary for 1 month. You can achieve max cr in 2 weeks. Once you're there cancel it.
    • Like x 4
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Go legendary
    • Like x 5
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Taking a break for one day is wasting money? I don’t suppose your name is Ebeneezer Scrooge? :p

Seriously, the purpose of a subscription (in this game) is to be able to play any content you want when you want - and to have unlimited in-game cash for the broker.
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I understand what you mean, if you don't play the game that often I'd recommend buying an occasional EP. However, that episode may or may not be as longlived as you'd hope if your purpose is to keep progressing forward. That means, if you get geared up quicker than expected you're stuck again and have to shell out for another episode, so it's not really cheaper.

I would atleast consider shelling out for a subscription if you feel like you are going to stick it out for a while. If the sub doesn't fit you, you can always cancel it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Thats the thing, I don't care about PVE much.

I'll have to buy a new EP/DLC just to be able to farm my MoV again because of "Relevancy", then I can feed my generator when I feel like playing and messing around. But since this free gear put me all the way up to cr 109 (almost 110) I can't enjoy farming my Tier 5 DLC cuz of no rewards, and getting 1 MoV per boss on Raids only is a big no no for me.

I would've cared about PVE back in the day when I felt that I progressed in the game.

Just like someone said here before, I don't feel stronger the high I get my CR, I feel stagnated, It seems that I only get on par with the content i'm playing and nothing else. So I don't feel like playing much PVE with this revamp now.

Back when CR mattered, I could faceroll low tier content and still get rewarded for it, now I can't faceroll and don't get rewarded. But it ok.
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Yes, it is for me. It called valuating your money and enjoying every cent spent.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I agree with this

DLCs/Eps have a shorter lifespan than they had awhile back.. in fact it is not uncommon to that you can be out of relevancy after a day... your premium gives you a couple of trips to the vault a week.. that recently new attuned gear, that drops in there, alone you could step you up + a few drops and suddenly you'll be much higher that your current cr and out of relevancy for that episode you just bought
    • Like x 1
  15. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

You are saying it from your perspective, not from my perspective, which is: PVE for me have no value anymore.
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If PvE has no value, then why do you play? Going by what I’ve read (which admittedly is just a few comments here and there in forum discussions about game balance and so on) PvP is so badly in need of a complete overhaul that nobody bothers with it.

Not being snarky here, I’m honestly curious.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If it had no value to you anymore, you would not be here asking these questions.
    • Like x 3
  18. Dene Devoted Player

Well PVP is open to you.. have fun and rack up the feats..

if you only PVP the game is free for you
    • Like x 1
  19. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Because for me, the game is more than going through DLC / EPs to farm the last gear and stop playing till the next EP/DLC, for me the PVP part is better than killing mindless waves of enemies and a boss in the end.

Because it a forum and i'm entitled to start a discussion about the game, and since I wasn't aware of this "relevancy" thing, I came here to ask a way to circumvent my problem without having to buy a new DLC/EP.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Right, but you make the statement that PvE holds no value anymore, but you're trying to earn a fair amount of PvE currency...so your statement makes no sense. It holds value, you just don't want to pay.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.