The free Batsuit launched me all the way up to CR 108

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Use either of these pieces of advice based on what YOU want from the game. I have both a legendary and a premium account. Not to play favorites but unless you enjoy constantly running to a vendor/soda machine to buy and / or sell off sodas.. the HUGE benefit of legendary .. NO cash cap. especially as you get into higher tiers.... that 2000 you are carrying around disappears really fast as you repair damage and at some point it isn't even enough to buy gear anymore without running to buy a token to get money out of escrow.

Classic example... Start a new alt. by the time you have that alt to around level 10 ... you have already earned more than 2000 and money is already going into escrow. It can get to the point where you spend as much time running back and forth to vendors to sell stuff as you do playing the game.

Then it all depends on what you want from the game. Want to have an aura? Okay those do not just drop from the sky and a lot of them come out of either lock boxes (which you don't get access to without buying a key), from Booster Bundles or Time Capsules which both require you to spend money anyway or buying them from other players off the broker and TRUST me as a premium you can not afford that without another token from the Market.

Both systems work and you can advance to end level either way but Legendary still does get you a lot of benefits that make the game less work.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When the next DLC arrives, unless they decide to change things, it will still be Ultrabucks. Just like Riddled with Crime still has Marked Bills, Age of Justice still has War Bonds and Amazon Fury 3 still has Ancient Coins.

Since he's cr109 now the Episode he should be looking to buy is Amazon Fury 2. He can run all of that content to earn full Marks of Victory. Any gear he opens will eventually move him from relevance for that content, so he has to be careful about that.
    • Like x 1
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

access to all DLC current and future
    early access to future DLC
    no limit on cash
    extra inventory and bank space
    extra character space
    free stabilizer every 3 days
    500 loyalty points per month (this make marketplace item basically free)
    300 replay badges per month
    free promethium box
    vault access every day (free gear, marks and Nth metal)

all that it's only cost 40 bucks for 3 months... which means, 10 bucks per month... how much do an episode cost again?

people really need to learn how to see the bigger picture and plan for long term...
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Corrected that for ya. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

(snicker)
    [IMG]
    This probably makes me a jerk. But I'm trying to see the bigger picture, lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

thanks for the correction.. 13.99 per month, still only around 50 cents per day... please dont tell me that you cant afford 50 cents a day.. if you really cant afford to spend 50 cent a day, you really should get your life together before worry about video game..
    • Like x 3
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Episodes only cost like $9.99, so if he can get to where he wants to be via a free event, that's still $9.99 versus $40. Big difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Legendary over Premium (I would never play the game without it, probably because the broker is a big deal to me) but a bunch of people in the league I was in just went with premium, becaue it's obviously way cheaper, as long as you don't need access to the broker.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol, nice. What does it matter to you if he subs or not? Worry about your own life, lol.

50 cents a day can be used to justify a lot of things, problem is that they all add up after a while. Each person decides where they want to spend their money, what's more important. Are you telling him to sub up or get out? Smh.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

50 Cents??
    If you get membership for a year.... it's 33 cents a day.

Heck bought the membership at 30% off before the hollidays......
    so it is 22 cents a day.

But I am sure someone will say that even at 22 cents a day it is still too expensive. ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Dividing into days doesn't change the fact it's still $120 a year. (or less, gratz on getting it during the discount sale, love those). Again, for me, totally worth it (when playing that is). But for someone else $120 can buy a lot of other things, and they can technically play the game for free or for $24.99 (the price of all DLCs released during this past year) a year, saving almost $100.
  11. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

so you everything else in life... food, bills, taxes, insurance, mobile plans, gas... everything adds up if you really wants to butt hurt about it..

if you are manage to reach 100 cr with premium, it's obvious that you love this game.. so why not support the developer with a subscription, you are not only supporting the developer, you also make your life easier as you no longer have to worry about which DLC to get to reach the next tier..... plus it's not even that expensive.. like i said, 50 cent per day.. get an empty jar and start putting 50 cent in it every days, by end of the month, you can use it to get a legendary sub.. or better, put a dollar into the jar and for 40 days you can get 3 months sub, and continue to do that, eventually you'll save more then the sub cost..

1 dollar per day x 30 x 3 = 90 dollar, thats 6 months worth of sub with 3 months saving... now imagine what you can do if you do it everyday... a year will nail you over 300 dollars.. how many months of sub can you get from that? legendary sub become a non cost at that point...

and worry about my own life, what do you think i been doing for the past 20 years? if i learn one thing from growing up in a dirt poor family, is always look at the bigger picture and long term.. oh yeah, and a little saving go a long ways..
    • Like x 2
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Absolutely nothing. The way the system is designed now players will always have access and content to play without having to put any money into the game. Just keep playing the earth 3 events because you will only loose access to it once the new content comes out and then you just jump into the free access part of that new DLC.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Wait... what???

So we get a free access to the Episodes now?
  14. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

apparently so.. but with 108 CR, you'll cant get the best gear from that episode since you need 207 CR to see it.. you can only get the purple get which level is depend on your CR..
  15. Dene Devoted Player

If this system continues, as it is now, then yes. But you do not get access to the gear subscribers/owners of the dlc get. The free access is what you are doing now - in Earth 3

Once the next Episode comes out you get that new one for free and Earth 3 gets locked. *if* you do not go legendary or buy the DLC - after the "event period" ends ,those ultra bucks you are collecting will not get you anything as you wont have access to the vendor that uses them.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I thought you needed 207cr + the DLC or legendary to get the best gear?
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sure.... someone could play DCUO for free for all eternity if they wanted too.

But if someone has been playing DCUO for a month.... a year.... 5 years...... is it that much to expect that they spend 33 cents a day to support the game they have been playing for a while??

People want to play the game..... but somehow don't want to support it somehow.

Yes... the OP could just spend $9.99 for the next DLC he needs and play DCUO for 3 cents a day (2.775 cents rounded up ;) ).

But somehow that seems to still be too much since... well .... here we are. ;)
    • Like x 3
  18. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I dont actually know if you need DLC or not, but Earth 3 event is still going on... my low level character can actually enter earth 3 but i never bother.. so TC can actually enter earth 3 and do the mission to get ultra bucks... but not going to able to get the best gear because TC only have 108 CR.. the best gear TC can get is purple gear with is unattune gear boxes.
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You do not need the DLC..... for the Open World and the Event missions.

You can enter the Earth 3 Gotham with a level 10 character. The game will raise the CR of the character to 207 on that map.

You can also play the On Duty missions with a level 10 character using the Events Tab of the On Duty menu. Again.... the game will raise the character CR to 207 in those missions.

Obviously.... to get the BEST/TOP gear.... you do need the DLC and need to actually be 207CR.

I even have a video about this. ;)
    • Like x 3
  20. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I bought all DLC till War of the Light Part 1.

Also got Atomic, Munitions powers, bought weapons style packs, lair themes, 4 respect power tokens, movement respect token, body type token, legend characters, Replays and more.

But I think I didn't support the game for you, huh? Even tho as a Premium Player I spent more than you would do as a Legendary player to have things "unlocked"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.