How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Everyone here is acting like sweeping nerfs would be needed to fix these 2 powers :rolleyes: everyone hears nerf and gets all emotional without actually thinking about solutions it's actually quite simple to fix both these powers with the only exception being electric's splitting abilities.
    Rage
    1. Remorseless Recovery's supercharge generating number need to be cut in 1/2 or severely reduced
    2. Berserk needs to be moved to a 100% supercharge, it already preforms like a 100% super in terms of damage potential the only factor holding it back is the fact that its not a use and forget supercharge it requires the player to maximize their damage with it which can still be achieved at 100%
    Electricity
    1. Circuit Breaker's damage buff is brought inline with iconic's Neo Venom Boost 40%
    2. Bring Telsa Ball damage splitting in line with the precedent splitting after 4 targets, I understand that will be difficult mechanically on how tesla ball works striking random 1 targets in succession it avoids the splitting rules by doing so you can add in that after the 4th strike of Tesla it starts to do significantly reduced damage until it is recasted
    3. Bring Arc Lightning damage splitting in line with precedent splitting after 4 targets. I realize again that arc lightning gets to use the loophole to splitting as it strikes 1 npc and chains to additional npc's but considering arc lightning for a 200 power cost applies a PI, stuns, heals yourself and others and chains unsplitting damage to multiple targets in itself is the STRONGEST 200 power cost move in dcuo history. Once again it can be added that each time arc lightning chains to an additional npc its damage is significantly reduced after chaining to 4 enemies. Remove the chaining feature all together and just have arc lighting fixed to chain to up to 4 targets only.
    With these simple adjustments it brings both these powers in line without hampering them all together.
    • Like x 3
  2. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

That will make those powers bad..... they are op in certain situations for a reason.. electric is trash for bosses but it’s aoe damage compensates that. Rage is ok for bosses but it’s aoe also fixes that. Rage is in the top 3 for powers and elc like top 5 changing this will make these powers underperform greatly.
    • Like x 4
  3. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

By saying that those changes will make those powers bad you don't understand those powers. You are literally telling me its ok to keep those specific abilities broken and out preforming all other comparable powers and players on these forums want balance? lol So when nature was released were you against those obvious changes like extra dots and roar using the pi of other nature players? Im sure it was ok to leave gorilla, roar and voracious plants the way they were :rolleyes:

Elec isn't trash on bosses its just players using the same aoe rotation for bosses because they are lazy and don't want to make a second armory. All your statement does is further prove my point because you SOLELY believe that changing berserk cause thats the only damaging power I mentioned to change would make rage underperform. You are saying that berserk is SO STRONG that any change to it makes rage not a good power :rolleyes: k
    • Like x 1
  4. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

You really don’t know how good other powers are if you think rage and elc are out performing all others. Unless the content has ads in every area of the arena these powers are that crazy. You need to test more.
    • Like x 1
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

He was abusing nature. Players keep running back to "situational damage in situational content" life heat vision don't even things out. Before anyone mention how they don't use heat vision, ask them to show a post of their video parsing. Not showing a parse after rotation, but showing video of the rotation. Spoiler alert, it won't happen
  6. zKrystal New Player

[IMG]
  7. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

I think the more logical conclusion is that you are playing a different game than the rest of us because dcuo has ads in every area of the content, or do you think it's a mystery that for all those AM years a subpar dps powerset in munitions was at the top end solely because of a supercharge that destroyed ads :rolleyes: cute
  8. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Ads in pane boss fights??? There are raids with solo bosses and parsing 15k a sec with sum ST powers puts rage and elf in the dirt... I understand we come from different dps environment man. I know what I can do... rags and elc are pretty even u can HMU for a pane run anytime i’d rather show u then keep talking over forums lol.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Do you have video proof of 15k dps single target?
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Even if he did, it's not indicative of average player skill. Which is why i said we should bring the underperforming up, then worry about the others later.

All we're doing by focusing on rage and elec is helping a few people that wanna talk smack to each other and bet millions in game on dps competions lol.

This thread caters to the elite when we need to help the actual whole player base lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Philosophy is right. Skilled players are the minority, therefore changes are probably gonna happen. An yes i have video proof of me parsing 15k on st , also have completed 13 min pane runs
    • Like x 2
  12. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

So what you are telling me is that you want to use 1 single raid (elite) as your backing for your argument? That's pretty bold but I honestly wouldn't have expected something different. That's like saying that rage doesn't need an adjustment because rage wouldn't be good in SM :rolleyes: Pano elite is the one of the most single target heavy raids in the history of DCUO since paradox wave leaving the tunnels open. That is what we call an outlier click here you can't balance powersets off outlier raids, and even then you are 100% using heat vision in your loadout to achieve that damage so just* do to well in pano players have to use an ICONIC power in heat vision just because its the best single target power in the game :rolleyes: but that's a different topic. Powersets are allowed to be better in certain aspects like single target vs aoe damage but elec and rage with a brain fall into average single target and well above average aoe where the majority of all powersets are average or above average not well above it. Celestial and HL have amazing single target damage compared to most powersets do you see celestial and HL doing well in pano elite? no cause as soon as the hallway starts their damage margin shrinks extensively with the 20-50 ads you fight between the boss fights.
    • Like x 1
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Do you believe he is hitting 15k with single target?
    Imo saying "I know a player keeping up with <electric/earth//rage>" as ""<insert global underperforming power> is not taking account of average players
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Where is it? Show the video from your PoV
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't believe in flat out nerfing rage and electric either. All powersets need a good melee ability or two that can put them up there with rage if the user so desires. Weapon melee combos need to be bumped up to account for counters, interruptions, and survivability. Do all this, then we'll see if rage or electric still need a nerf.

Although they probably will get bought down anyway because that was a mistake they made before with AMs, instead of nerfing, they just kept buffing and it spiralled out control. Guess we just have to wait and see what the devs do. I do hope they take weapon changes into consideration though.
    • Like x 2
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

Changing Berserk from 50% to 100% is not the solution, first 100% SC suck cause they take long to build up and second u may very well end up building a 100% SC for nothing... getting CCed, MC or a simple bad luck cause of some timing moves of Boss and this SC ends up being used only on adds if used at all.

I am more for going back to all SC being 50% but in no way the combination of reducing the SC build up time and increasing the SC to 100%, thats some sad fixing suggestion.
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

It's easy to just say its a "sad fixing suggestion" its another to actually offer any viable feedback. Berserk has always been one of the most unique supercharges in the game and its one that has seen its fair share of adjustments since 2014. Your suggestion to change all supercharges back to 50% doesn't solve anything because they would just scale the damage to be in line with previous baseline 50% damage and guess what circuit breaker and berserk would be exempt from that anyways because they don't have set damage baselines.

The powers of rage are fine and inline with other damage powers no one has been questioning that but berserk has reached big gun status where the excuses that it could be a wasted supercharge because its not a press and forget SC doesn't hold any merit, there are no more counters to worry about during combos, cc's on mass are not as common and with plethora of shields coming from healers and controllers you have protection than you have ever had before as rage. Changing it to a 100% which fits as its damage potential is in line or greater than other 100% supercharges, berserk certainly does more damage than bunker buster and even biggun currently even at 35%. There are only 2 other options besides that easy fix that are possible
    1. The window to deal damage for berserk is further reduced
    2. Berserk is damage capped at a set amount to be in line with other 50% supercharges which usually average out to <100k so yea making Berserk capped at 100k would certainly fix it as well :rolleyes:
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

So reducing Berserk damage potential and increasing its range so u can use it from mid range is no viable feedback ? yeah ... like i said the combination of reducing the SC build up and increasing the SC cost is a sad fixing suggestion and slows down the pace of the game.
  19. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

No powers need nerfs.. those supers keep rage and elc in line with .. earth , cel , HL , gad, nat. Etc all those powers are close an they are at the top of the pack devs should just improve the other powers ... stop with all the nerf crying...
    • Like x 1
  20. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

That's what the "wow" was for. Simmer down na.
    • Like x 1