How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's actually really good. Seen a rage bow user damn near 1 shot 1st boss in e3 duo. He popped Supply drop and trinket with sc
    • Like x 1
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ok. Rage is performing as intended. Very good melee range powerset. Noted. So is Earth with its cheesy jackhammer spamming. Ok. So what about Electric doing melee strength damage at range? I am in agreement with majority of what you are saying. My only concern is..we were told revamp would balance powers. What if Quantum, Mental, and Sorcery had the same perks of Electric with damage not splitting as it should, and doing melle type damage at range? There would be alot of people happy, and some upset because those powers are overperforming. Why can't we have an even playing field? All powers having the same potential. I totally get why people are loving electric, because it was bad for some time. It was that power that got you booted from instances just because it was so poor. So cheers to my electric friends. Soak it up...in a way it is deserving. The same with Rage. IMHO this should never happen, people want that feeling of progression tied into their roles potential. I shouldn't feel inadequate being a Fire Tank when there is another toon in the raid that is Ice. I get out voted regardless of my own skill. "Go DPS" I dont see a fix coming anytime soon, hope I'm wrong about that, so it is what it is. I enjoy this game alot. I am still holding on to the idea of a closer look at Fire (my favorite power) it getting a few small adjustments for dps, and some bigger ones for tanking. Devs, dont nerf anything. Bring the bottom up alot, and make some adjustments to the middle. We all wanna be Electric, because both roles perform very well. It's obvious that it is sought after in LFG because people announce they're LFG cr2XX with XXXsp Electric. In the end you can not please everyone...I get it. But when its said Revamp brings balance to the game and in alot of ways it's not balanced. This should be DCUO's main focus...not that it isnt, it's just perception is reality to most. I have no clue what it takes to fix these things as I am not a game developer or programmer. The only thing we can do is voice our opinions and ideas and maybe, just maybe we get heard and something changes, for the better of the game.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree. I changed to rage after the revamp because of what they did to sorcery. I also agree that electric needs looked at.
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

It seems you are very emotional about this topic that is causing you to be biased, weapons expert and weapon specs in general after stats revamp is a complete disaster, the devs stopped caring about a weapons only playstyle and heavily favored development of the superpowered spec. There was a time during stats revamp that normal weapon combos were hitting just has hard as weapon mastery combos are now, just a regular staff downward smash combo would be bow/smokebomb which made more sense from a weapons playstyle, however the devs didn't want all their hard work from WM combo's being obsolete so they nerfed weapon combos and placed a buff on all WM combos. 1H dual flurry does similar damage to bow/smokebomb but it is no where near as quick and is more awkward. The entire weapons expert playstyle isnt balanced, they are the only playstyle that has to worry about countered or npc's blocking which completely interrupt their damage rotation where all combo superpowers that suffered the same were granted exemption from that in atomic, rage, light etc. If you want to solely focus on just 1 aspect of what is broken in bow/smokebomb feel free but considering what a player has to do in order to maximize a weapons expert playstyle in modding all prec, prec in generator mods, prec artifact which is the complete opposite of the spectrum of any other power it stands to reason they should be rewarded for their playstyle. Not to mention further that you would need multiple weapons as bow has no range combo's that are effective and not to mention that most range WM combo's drastically drop off in damage potential not to even further mention that you cannot clip ANY of the WM combo's before finishing or you lose the full damage of the combo.

I don't believe you know what this thread is calling for, you say rage is a melee combo power and should preform better at melee so what about in zoo where elec is sitting 50 feet in the back doing better than rage and max range while the rage are melee? Does that strike you as balance? Players wanted biggun changed cause a) there was an exploit with jump cancelling biggun with the white head mod to earn it much quicker and b) literally that supercharge would account for the majority of a munitions damage in a raid run. Take beserk out of your rage loadout and put in mangle and see how ones damage compares to with and without beserk
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Beserk is balance to where it takes into account a player can have a bad beserk being stunned etc cause it just doesn't give full damage with the press of a button like bunker buster etc. Rage has powers like Remoreless Recovery that regens SC faster than any other non supercharge generator power, even without relentless anger rage can earn their SC faster normally than any other power using remoreless. If Beserk takes into account the worst case scenario it also needs to take into account the best case scenario, and that's not calling for a full nerf but it certainly needs adjustment with how quickly rage can earn SC's with clipping relentless anger against your combo powers deadful and outrage and the "BROKEN" remorseless recovery
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I am always emotional about nerfs. Had to change powers because either the devs, testers, or whoever decided per powers can no longer use pets, and be effective. Add on the issues with sorcery powers missing forced me to change powers. I could have gone electric, but it's boring and yes, needs fixed. I usually only speak on powers I know, so I never mentioned anything about electric. There have been countless threads asking for that nerf, the response thus far has been no.

Regarding rage and the SC. Pretty sure earth has the best. It clips with damage powers, and being another combo power, it would build it's SC just as fast.

Regarding weapons, yes, the entire system is crap. But if 1 AM combo hits like a mack truck, and the rest don't come close, that would be broken.

About weapons players having to worry about being countered. When the revamp first hit, I played as weapon expert. I never noticed much of an issue with being countered. Since I've played both, pretty sure we all get knocked down from random juggles. That part is pretty balanced. Never noticed an edge there, so not sure how it would be different for a rage player dropping a SC and being knocked out of it, thus losing most of the damage.

Range weapons, well, unless your talking about elite. Who plays ranged? I've played melee since T4.

Pretty sure the issues people have with rage would be solved if our raids were released with some type of difficulty. Until then, melee and speed have been the heart and soul of dpsing for years, and doesn't seem to be changing.

I still feel all powers need more options. All powers should have better powers at range and melee, but they don't.

You say it's an easy fix for rage and electric. I say, it will just show another power that's doing a little better and that will be next on the nerf block. I'm done with easy. I think 7 years is plenty of time. Start a new trend, and bring powers up. Enough with the nerfs.
    • Like x 1
  7. Athéna37 New Player

After 5 years ago to cant dps in electric you want to nerf the power ? i saw fire gadjet ice dps put same damage of electric its just people havent find the good rotation for other power, but please dont nerf elec. Stop to listen noob who cry because they cant make damage. Electricity power diserve to stay more 3 years on best dps power after DC forget this power.
    And now after 3 month of good damage you want to nerf it ? WTF ? what wrong with YOU ?!
    • Like x 2
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Exactly. No rage dps are OP in Gom Elite, so if GoM and GoM elite were the current raid, the melee rage dps would lose out on damage during that fight.

People just want every power to be OP so they can spam raids. They're not considering any other scenario besides adds in a hallway lol
    • Like x 2
  9. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Whoa
    Wait what? I'm sorry but Rage tanks are no where near considered to be inferior to Ice. IDK what server you are playing on but... Nah. Additionally the survivability of rage is much higher due to its abilities. Shields... Got em... Heals... Got em... Tank super... Got em... Defence and a health buff... You get the idea. Ice on the other hand... Not so much. Shields... Check... I'm done can't find anything else... Oh yes hibernation n Elemental. And it's boring as all get out. Suffers from armor penetration without a large health pool to absorb the damage. Sorry Star but Nah. It is difficult to master the rage tank mechanic, that's why the difference in numbers. I have trained many aspiring Rage toons only to see them struggle. #PowerRespecToken. I will leave the rest of the post alone. But you are totally wrong about the powers. Completely. Especially celestial. Check out C1sko.
  10. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Electric is NOT the best dps power
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

It's gonna be hard to separate who's asking for nerfs and buffs due to their own bruised ego, getting owned on the scorecard, and who actually tested and is providing data.

Focus on the actual underperforming powers, fix weapons so we dont only have to use smokebomb, THEN if theres still a buncha butte-hurte people, then we'll focus on that ONE loadout thats embarrassing people.
    • Like x 2
  12. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

This. Get em!
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Exactly.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ice tank population is much higher then rage tank population for a reason, it's much easier to do and very effective. Rage you need to actually try to be good at it. Ice you play one sheild, two sheild.
    • Like x 1
  15. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I just said that...
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which was my original point. Thank you for playing.
  17. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Nah, you said it was "inferior " not easier. Playing games here are we.... Plus your assessment of the other powers was waaay off. Wanna play games? " I got 1 2 3 foe 5 6 sevum eight nine... DOLLAS in my bank account, oh yeah in my bank account.... " Read the post homey. As you were.
  18. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

People! I do and I see electric dps get out damaged daily almost. I get out damaged on my Main whom is rage. Where is Joni that rage dude with the thick foreign accent? I need his help here. Although there are some things that some things have that others dont, it's just that... Powers that others don't have and that goes both ways. I do top tier damage with many " underperforming" powers and I have a small amount of SP. Atomic, Celestial, you name it. Its all there in the tooltip baby. Where that dummy at?
    • Like x 1
  19. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Wow!
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

He was mega buffed. It's not "wow" if he dropped all that stuff.