Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

description says it benefits from elec PI
  2. krytine Loyal Player

My apologies if i mis read the pi interaction when i last read it about 10 days ago I thought it said tesla ball was polarized. Electrocute is electrified or polarized
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

So, I have been testing out the PftT loadouts from this guide. I first tested the polarized loadout (Egen>Electrocute>Repulse>Attract>Shockwave) on the 8 dummies and I maxed out at about 7000/s damage out. I also tested the electrified loadout (Arc>Tesla Ball>Electrocute>Voltaic Blast>Overdharge) and it maxed out at about 10,000/s damage out. This was over 12 second average of combat time (time duration for Electrocute to come off of cool down) with a toon that is CR 171 with 191 SP. is it really that big of a gap between the two loadouts?
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

Answering is Elec pi better than Pol? Yes

Testing around Multple adds loadout lately, I found myself not using Ecute anymore. Tesla ball been my replacement for Ecute, and Egen is always nice. But i been trying to think outside the meta loadout lately and might see if i can utlize some of the pol. based abilities.

I found a very good melee based loadout that keeps me ahead on single target, but working on multiple add loadout too without using the meta loadout.

So Question, cause im not ingame yet. Are consumables still producing damage and are they clippable still? last night when i was taking a gander on them I saw alot of em had the description of 0 health area?
  5. EP Ice Loyal Player

So, what did you put in place of ecute?
  6. Vindex Active Player

If we'll take your statement/claim above, then Tesla Ball isn't working as well for the 3 DOTs loadout/rotation on the other DPS and he's also losing out about 10% damage. Please re-read and review Tesla Ball's Power Interaction description ingame.

What i want you to see on the numbers i posted is the much bigger picture and not just the Damage Out numbers coz most of us can do that 3 DOTs loadout/rotation all day. But what if in a given situation/scenario when it doesn't allow us anymore to continously do that 3 DOTs rotation like having a bad Controller for instance or having a good Controller that doesn't want to be just a battery for the DPS?
  7. Fission Active Player

Just got back from a break to find the stats revamp had gone live. So thanks very much for the guide. I'm just glad I can finally DPS instead of being forced to only heal lol
    • Like x 3
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Welcome back!
    • Like x 1
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

So some thoughts on the revamp. Please keep in mind that I was only able to play about 3 hours this weekend but they were an enjoyable 3 hours. I went with the electrified set. I used one of the ones on listed here.
    Electrified PftT by Aqua Surge
    Weapon type: whatever you like, only need to spec one power point
    Tray: Arc Lightning, Overcharge, Voltaic Blast, Circuit Breaker, Tesla Ball and Electrocute
    Rotation: Arc Lightning - Tesla Ball - Electrocute - Voltaic Blast then you 123 which is Arc Lightning, Overcharge, Voltaic Blast, and use Tesla Ball whenever off cooldown. Keep doing 123 again until Electrocute is off cooldown. Never use Electrocute unless Tesla Ball is also ready.
    I found that it worked pretty well. I did not have any real problems with running out of power to much but I did find that I would have liked one of the 200 power cost abilities to be 100...preferably Arc Lighting. I was in using this in Solos, Duos, and Alerts....all with no troll unfortunately. I am sure it plays better with a troll but without one I found that I spent more time spamming AL and Overcharge then I would of liked simply because of low power. AL being a 100 instead of 200 power cost would of helped with that. To be fair though I only have 204 SP so with more sp that may not of been an issue and I probably could have tweaked some things here and there.

Overall I actually enjoyed myself. I set up my healer side just in case and found that healing was not too bad either. I ran the Rip in Time alert and got into a standard group....well standard for when I stopped playing so I am assuming it is still the same. Healer 12 cr higher than me with no real idea of what they are doing, Dps 7 cr higher than me and Ice wasting time on pointless interactions and a Power hungry tank that does not seem to know how to group adds. So when the Healer died 30 seconds into the Black Adam boss I switched over to healer and we finished that fight with no wipes....in about 15 min lol. Then I went back to dps for the remainder of the alert. I finished not at the top of the scorecard only because I had to heal that boss fight (missed top dps by 30k) top healer (unfortunately) and a total alert time of 35 min. However it was fun! I want to say that skill mattered more with the revamp but it only seemed like my skill mattered more. The dps and tank were always out of power while the healer seemed to be always full. I also did notice that life bars were not jumping all over the place and seemed to be more consistent so burst healing was nice but I did not need to blow my whole power bar every other min like we use to. Still irked that I was out dpsing a person with a cr 7 higher than mine until I had to switch to healer, but maybe they were still figuring stuff out.

Not sure how much the following maters now so please let me know. I am in a league but it is dead (my fault, I am the league leader and when I quit playing so did most of the others all for the same reasons that I did) So no league bonuses, I am not legendary anymore and do not have access to the utility belt, the lair system so no generator or other mods related to the lair system (hands, chest, Orbital, henchmen, etc), plus my gear is not modded.

I am thinking about spending 15 bucks to get the utility belt and lair system but will probably not go legendary again, and I find myself looking forward to next weekend.
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I also realized (or read) after a few weeks that overcharge heals nearby allies after the explosion.

For a 100 power it has a nice heal i got around 1k to 1.7k. Nothing major, but just letting people know cause i wasnt paying attention and thought it was only damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have not tried healing with it myself. It is nice to have options for ally heals. I enjoy healing the village bounties even when not in a group by using ally heals.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

I used overcharge. Its mostly useful in boss fights where there are alot of adds surrounding the boss. It had good heals but IMO its only useful in that situation, otherwise another power is much more useful.
  13. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

So I have a dps loadout that i use, like and seem to do well with, however I am a bit unsure of my healing loadout. Healing is still the main way I get into content....I guess the support roles are still the ones noone want to be lol. I was hoping that had changed but I knew better. I would like to hear what some players are using so I can adjust mine. There are not a whole lot of different powers that heal so I am pretty sure that I just need to work on rotation and such but I may be missing an interaction that was added that I do not know about. Arc Lighting seems to be my got to then I have the standard Bio Surge, Recover, Bio Cap, Supercharge Invigorate. The one that I do not use and maybe it has become useful I am not sure is Galvanize. Any tips would be welcome
  14. L T Devoted Player

Galvanize is where it's at!

I've been using Arc and Overcharge as Tank / top-off heals and clipping them with Galvanize when folks start taking heavier damage.

I haven't decided if it's best to save Bio Capacitor for emergency or keep it on cool down.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

healer here :p

I'm pretty much using the both loadouts from the guide for alert/raids but mixing stuff up here and there.

Alerts:
    Placing E-gen + shield and then arc as go to is a great options. But alerts are not hard to heal, so i'm going into raids ;)

Raids:
    I'm pretty much fine with Surge, Arc, Recover, Cap, Galv, Group Transducer.

The reason I use GT is just because it's a shield and shields feel just too great currently. Might use Invigorate as a supercharge, but I just love GT (and it looks great) :p
    Personally i'm not the biggest fan of Galvanize, so at some points I just replace it with Flux.
    Actually I don't miss using a shield in raids, because simply the pickups are more easy now. (except at the boss' *** :p).
    So for raids I use a pure burst heal loadout. Never really tried Overcharge though.

As for the spec i'm using the Brawling WM (just because i'm used to), superpower focus, 100 sp into Power and the rest into restoration. All sp into Power also work great for the recovery (with reserve tank). I'm at 308 sp now.

I use Bio-Cap with the CD backmod. I only use it for emergencies. In some raids I just keep it on cooldown.. well. because of reasons :D. But I see it more as emergency since it's very strong and not always needed, when it's off cooldown. Arc/Recover/Surge give some cheap healing (powercost) to the group.

_________
    Just my experiences. I'm a bit rusty with the game after a 6 month break, but getting really back into healing and stuff :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

That was definitely surge critting for 11k :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I've found all four man healing abilities from all power sets (Besides Nature's Roar when it is stacked with pheromones) to be fairly weak in comparison to the majority of all healing options besides HoTs.
    • Like x 1
  18. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Electric is currently on par with being one of the best healing power sets currently (Next to Celestial). I found this loadout to be the best with how the game currently is - Not a lot of damage coming from enemies or bosses unless they use a skull attack or a special attack which doesn't give a tell. Content mechanics also hit hard.

Arc Lightning, Bio Surge, Recover, Electroburst, Flux and Bio Capacitor.

I would try not to use HoTs right now since they a fairly weak due to how damage is being taken (mentioned above) and because of that the numbers you get from HoTs are pretty worthless since you'd probably need to keep using burst abilities if there are multiple sources of damage incoming.

All of these abilities except for Arc and Electroburst have render distance range meaning as long as a person has loaded in your game these heals will hit them regardless of where you are AS LONG as you have Line of Sight (Nothing is obstructing your view from them - walls, objects etc. Think the sandbags in Justice for all, as long as that thing is there if you and your target are on opposite sides you will never be able to heal them unless you move or destroy it, jumping will help too)

Arc will always target the closest injured ally and Electroburst has a 25m range. Despite the range limitation it is the strongest 8man heal in the game so you'll need to be wary of your positioning in comparison to your group members.

I used this loadout in the Test Server for a USn run but I haven't really messed with Electric on live since I'm saving my free token for Water :3 This wasn't the final version of the revamp but nothing changed in terms of how Electrics abilities performed.

USn Fight:

• Like x 5
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thanks for the info all.
  20. Vindex Active Player

Posting another DPS results from USR run just today.
    Both Electric DPS are 206 CR. Other DPS 328SP using 3 DOTs rotation AL-VB. Mine got 345SP using only 2 DOTs :D
    Results:

Other DPS:
    - Damage Out = 8,137,590
    - Power Out = 216,128

My DPS:
    - Damage Out = 8,229,311
    - Power Out = 127,074

* Notice the difference again in Power Out (Power usage) numbers :p
    There was a Controller power dump issue with this run and some on the group aren't happy with the lack of power they're getting from our Solo Controller :(