Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm not a fan of 4 man shields in the current raids. They are better when there are a lot of room mechanics to avoid, like DWF, Nekron, Lockdown.

Bio Cap is an emergency heal in my book. If the tank isn't hitting immunity for Vandal's one V skull attack in JFA, everyone is scattered and takes a chunk of damage, but not enough usually for the BC safety net to kick in. So i keep it as the emergency heal until everyone can get closer and I can burst them back with Galvanize.

Keeping it on cooldown is a waste of power IMO.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Electrified PI much better
    Hit me up in league chat I can give you some ideas.
    TheShaz
    • Like x 1
  3. Streven Dedicated Player

Electrified has better damage potential but polarized has better CC for small content.

My favorite rotation is Static Push>Egen>Electrocute>ebomb>shockwave spam with circuit breaker as SC
    • Like x 1
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

So I leveled a new toon from 1-30 as an electric dps. I had a few questions. I'm also running Superpowered spec.

1. Arc Lightning
    2. Tesla Ball
    3. Electrocute
    4. Voltaic Blast
    5. Tesla Blast
    6. Electrogenesis

I noticed arc lightning does not always jump from enemy to enemy due to your placement. Voltaic Bolt electrifies enemies and gives a DOT. I had a hard time deciding which to have. Can anyone break down the two and give me an opinion as to which one is better. Also, Voltaic Bolt has the same cooldown as Arc Lightning but I was wondering how long the dot and the pi last. And would recasting Voltaic Bolt again be a damage lost?

Is Voltaic Blast strong against single enemy or is it only effective against multiple adds?

Tesla Blast or Over Charged?

Elestrostatic Bomb strong? (Would only use it for its effect)
  5. L T Devoted Player

Arc lightning does not jump if a target dies, or if there's not another target within range. If a tank has just pulls a bunch of adds you can generally hit all of them plus give the tank a heal. When things get low on health or spread out it gets sketchy. If you're healing, try to position yourself between the tank and the rest of the group so that the lighting can jump to you and then to the rest of the group. For DPS, arc lighting will do more damage against multiple targets but might not hit everything you want to electrify. Vbolt's DOT lasts 12 seconds, the same as the PI. There's a chart on page 1 of this guide.

Voltaic Blast is better against multiple targets. For single targets Tesla blast will do similar damage for less power.

Electrostatic Bomb seems weak to me. It's OK but weaker than voltaic blast. The animation is likely shorter so it's probably about the same DPS if you don't clip.

Overcharge will out damage Tesla blast slightly against multiple targets if you get the explosion. In the chart on page 1, The burst for overcharge is the initial hit (single target) and the "DOT" is the explosion (splits after the second target). So the total base damage listed is go single target, but the 20-22 base damage explosion will hit twice against more than one enemy
  6. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Right but since Voltaic Bolt has a 3 second cooldown and it applies a dot would casting it again be a damage loss? Electrostatic Bomb usage would only be to center the adds making it easier for arc lightning.
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

VB may have a 3 second cool down but you would not really need to cast it again until the dot wears off OR if more adds come out. If you are just spamming it everytime it is off of cooldown then you will be wasting power and it will be a DPS loss. Also just a side note Electrostatic Bomb will not crowd control anything outside of solos and duos (unless this has changed). So using it for that purpose in alerts and raids is a bad idea. Just as a side note I did just come back to the game after a year break so my info may be off but I do not think so.
    • Like x 3
  8. L T Devoted Player

yeah.... what he said ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Thanks for the reply. One more question. Ionic drain stronger or weaker than Tesla Blast and Over Charged?
    • Like x 1
  10. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

It does more damage but it is interruptible and you will often get interrupted when you use it so it is a dps loss. I am not sure but I would guess most if not all players that are trying to maximize their dps do not use it.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'll post the current loadout I use for Electric Damage on Sunday. I'm a little busy but I no longer use the one I first suggested on Stats Revamp.

I'll also share my Electric Battle Healer Loadout and Specs that day. For now, I am working on double marks and feats as well as farming some cash. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. tyrose Level 30

New to healing and have a question about galvanize. I seem to be getting inconsistant results on number of people it heals and its range. My question is what is its range? all I can find is that it has been extended, but not how far.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Near as I can tell, it's 25m radius, but that is just eyeballing it. Electrogenesis has a 15m radius and it is clearly longer than that.
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

Galvanize initial range is 25m for sure. It got mentioned back in the old Revamp Threads for Elec by a dev. If you hit 1 person at 25m the next target can be further from you away as the next target it searches is like 10-15m range but that is smth we have no verification for as to how far it sparks from person to person itself as I doubt it was 25 meters too.
  15. tyrose Level 30

ok thanks for the replys. any tips for useing it properly then?
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

many ppl close together. That's how I used to do it.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I couldn't recall if they explicitly stated the new range. I thought better to look at it myself than try to rummage through the old threads. When I was testing it, there were usually two allies together but they were within 7m so I couldn't guess how far the echo reaches.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Never precast it. Always keep it ready to use. It heals allies too so if someone has any pets out, it is very strong.
  19. tyrose Level 30

ok thank you for the info. I normaly played my healer as a range stay on edge of combat guy, probly because thats the way I play my dps. Guess gonna have to change my playstyle for healing. But like I said earlier, I am new to the whole healer thing, so still working on my playstyle for that.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

So..went back to elec. :)

180sp into power
    70 into resto
    60 for crits.
    Cr 206
    Around 10800 resto
    Around 26000 power

I ran some raids as healer with lfg groups and decent dps. Just by spamming arrow storm with bow or that 3 tap hold single target attack and spamming arc i did around 40% of the top dps and could beat some bad dps. 95% of the time spamming arc was enough to heal.
    Now with damage crits and some other offensive moves I see some decent damage.

Anyone here has some decent experiences with more aggressive healing?
    • Like x 1