Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Are you looking to compare pre GU73 base damage? I don't have those numbers.
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Looks like a good start to the new electric guide. How are the powers doing? I did some testing with Electric when the revamp was started but got so tired of all the waiting and such that i just stopped playing entirely. I just happen to see a tweet saying that it was live so i thought I would check it out. So are the powers balanced or is it more of the same? Also how are the costs for gear? I know the best gear is in the vender now but did that make the cost stupid high? Last I checked (and it was a while ago) you would of had to use replays to get the vender gear bought before new content came out. Thanks for the info.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

The
    The vendor cost are still to high but the feat for unlocking the style cuts the cost some for alts. The powers seem more balanced then it has been in a long long time but jury is out
    • Like x 1
  4. L T Devoted Player

Welcome back! Not exactly balanced... but way closer to balance than ever.

Nature is OP.
    Earth is close to OP.
    Electric is extremely strong, OP in some instances because one of it's abilities doesn't split correctly.

Fire, Atomic, Mental, Gadgets, Munitions, Ice, Rage, and Celestial are more or less balanced. Rage is very strong at melee range only.

HL is good, but needs lots of power to be good, and power is a thing again.

Sorcery and Quantum are weak-ish.

The spread from the top of this list to the bottom is small enough that HL players can wind up at or close to top damage in some instances. Also, a LOT depends on build. Skill points-- and how you spend them--- matter now, and how you spend them will affect how you play. Lair Generator Mods and Equipment Mods also count for a lot.

Gear costs aren't too bad. 50-100ish marks per piece. You earn 10 marks for a raid, 8 for weekly group content, 5 for an alert and 1 for everything else. You can get a piece or two a week if you play every day. Sometimes they have bonus mark weekends-- probably one coming up-- where you get double marks for content.
    • Like x 2
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yay, welcome back! I know you always liked Electricity play from the tray and it is very viable. The healing is spot on right now and Electricity healers do very well when solo healing content.

It really is worth a shot while they still have open episodes if you let your membership lapse.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vindex Active Player

That one ability you mentioned here IMO is intended coz it costs 300 Power and 3 secs. CD :D
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thanks for all the info! I shall jump on this weekend and see what I think. I am now looking forward to it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Vindex Active Player

GOMR Electricity DPS Test run earlier today with another Electricity DPS:

Other Electric DPS = 206 CR, 333 SP.
    Using PFTT 3 DOTs (Electrocute/Tesla Ball/Electrogenesis)-Arc Lightning-Voltaic Blast-SC Circuit Breaker.
    Damage Out = 9,555,478
    Power Out = 321,553

My Electric DPS = 206 CR, 345 SP. Using only 1 DOT (Tesla Ball)-Arc Lightning-Voltaic Blast-SC Circuit Breaker, Dual Wield/Bow WM.
    Damge Out = 8,121,976
    Power Out = 75,316

*Both DPS with Compound Omega buff.
    • Like x 1
  9. krytine Loyal Player

Why are you using tesla ball and arc lightning. The pi damage bonus for electrified enemies does not work for tesla ball. And you lost out on about 10% damage
  10. The original Nightling New Player

Does it work well compared to full might loadout ?
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

I've been using Ebomb>Electrocute>Arc>Voltaic Blast>Shock Wave (times 3). I will usually repeat process (excluding Ebomb). I'm doing pretty good but could always use some tips. What do you guys think?
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Isn't ebomb polarized and arc electrified
  13. L T Devoted Player

Yeah you're mixing Polarized and Electrified. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you'll likely do better by using a polarized PI applicator instead of Ebomb. That way your 3x shock wave gets a damage boost.
    • Like x 1
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

Sure. Here's the thing, I'm not a subject matter expert on these things by any means. I usually pick powers that help each other. Like Ebomb gathers the enemy while the other powers destroy them. I'm not really sure what the difference is between polarized and electrified and if/how they counter each other, if that's what you mean. Should I not be using both?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out what you are saying and will be making the adjustments. Thanks for the advice.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Strong for melee play, weak for range. This was one of the loadouts I used on test server.
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Well i am seeing in most powers that using 1 pi which will give an extra damage of 10% to all those that benefits from using said pi. Like electrocute can use either pi ebomb uses polarized tesla ball also polarized each would leverage the pi and gain a 10% damage boost for the duration that the pi is active which i believe is 12s
    • Like x 1
  17. EP Ice Loyal Player

Ok. I'm starting to understand more after re-reading the first part of your guide (I know, reading is fundamental. Lol). Thanks again for the advice as it is much appreciated. : )
  18. strike3richyp New Player

Tesla ball does benefit from electrified pi, read the description
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Last time I read it it only said polarized but that's when i am on next i will check it out to make sure.
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

Wait... Are you sure about that? Tesla ball does benifit from elec pi? I just woke up and not on yet, but your statement is throwing me off