Clinging by a Thin String

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 16, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

which is my point, they attempt to be top to say they out DPS'd a DPS lol
    • Like x 2
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I do, i just got offended by the first comment of the previous poster saying that Battle Support is ridiculous.
  3. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

2 important notes:

1) You missed out on the State of the Revamp dev thread. Or if you didnt, well, might be worth a second read through.

2) You seem to be confusing "Mindless DPS" with "Bad Players". DPS is a role like any other, but when I run my DPS toons I do a helluva lot more than just spam dmg. If thats all you're seeing from DPS lately then its time to stop insulting people who like playing that role either fulltime or time-to-time and start getting rid of the Bad Players you've been running with. I've a clear memory of doing pickups, laying down supply drops for trolls and adhering to mechanics to help the team beat raids, mostly because that was earlier today. Nothing "mindless" about that, but cheers anyway.
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

If I am playing from my tray, in DPS stance mind you, I consume the heck out of power... I know this. I doubt any battle troll would be able to keep me going despite popping colas, and supply drops on myself when they are available.

Someone stated they could do 60% of a DPS's damage in troll stance in this thread, I've seen tanks state as much as 80% in another thread on the forums. ..In essence for you to battle troll, the group suffers at lest 20 - 40% damage drop off comparably using those numbers.

I'm all for increasing our damage, playing your way, support role options, but we cant ignore the facts either. A great battle troll should never beat a moderate to good DPS in damage.

On a side note, I would like to see the remove the damage mitigation we have for be in support role. This would help the scoreboard numbers for those that watch it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse Creator League

The only "good" Battle roles I ever saw is on the Forums.

On the Forums.... everyone is a good Battle role.... and a BEAST one at that.

Strangely.... in the game..... never saw one.

They are like Bigfoot..... loots of people say they saw a good Battle role...... but somehow no proof exits that they are even real. ;)
    • Like x 4
  6. BumblingB I got better.

It came down to it, they reverted the initiatives of what they were going to do with controlling because it was actually worse. They were allowing NPCs to breakout easier, even minions. They kind of were putting more towards the tanks in CC. They shortened the duration of CC to 6 seconds.

The only positive things for Controllers was the slight increase to debufs and the way to initiate PoT.

I'm pretty upset at these changes and the fact they wont be ever touching them again.
    I thought you quit?
    • Like x 2
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Incorrect sir if you want a flat design go a head and do it that way i see less wipes balanced groups for 4man and in duos all roles have purpose again. And in 1 small point you are right. Very small believe it's small. As long as the roles do there job what is the harm in doing damage and making the run shorter and smoother. But again first doing there role second damage and mechanics and pick ups, dps 1st damage second mechanics pickups. The world is changing back baby dont let your ego get in the way .
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

1. I read it, at least what the dev said in the initial comments, not so much the hoopla after...

2. Sorry you took offense, but this tread isn't intended to be a slam on anyone who plays DPS, rather some constructive dialog on support roles, why they are neglected, and what can be done so that players will not only be more inclined to play those roles, but actually enjoy doing it. It sounds like you are a wonderful DPS who I would happily play with.
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You need to play with different people then.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You are totally right on that, i never said that a Battle Support can beat a decent DPS.

After the Revamp the most damage that i´ve been able to put out is the 50% of the fifth DPS as a Healer.

Troller is more complicated, But HL is the one powerset i think can have a better chance at Battle trolling because of the ability to clip the combos and sneak in some extra damage.

Tanks are the ones doing the most damage while in support role, especially Atomic and Earth, and doing it while not even trying...
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ego? ha its a video game doll. No place for ego's ;)
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Wow your funny but i like you you can stay
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some genius put might and power in the same sp node so I'm accidentally a battle troll, my debuffs hit like trucks xD
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I would be sad to see that go since I enjoy tanking most, but if it will make Controllers more popular, I'd be for the change.
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yeah dont worry I get the point of the thread, but you can hardly call it "constructive" when straight off the bat you refer to over half the games community as Mindless. There are bad players out there, fact, most of the recent "I hate the revamp" threads were started by them because they can only scoreboard chase on Easy Mode (DCUO pre-revamp). But theres plenty of good/great ones out there too. Who know their role enough to know theres actually 4 support roles in this game.

You also need to read the SOTR thread, not just the 1st post, the thread. Theres some dev comments in there pertaining to your worries.
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

My thoughts are on this. Someone with around 7100 vit will produce a POT tic of around or just over 400. Imagine being
    nerfed all the way back to OC or beyond. Cause that is essentially what happened. Then they added the restrictions to trolling
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

sorry things are this bad for u

for me ill just say
    plus 1
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I dug back through that post, looking for green names with the high hopes of seeing something I had missed.

All I can say is I am still disappointed.

There was a single lone comment regarding reducing the role less troll buff...
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Conversely, pure-roles often tend to excel at those if they do it right.

I apologize to those who are about to quit, but I'm loving the post-revamp game right now. Fweem and stuff.
    • Like x 2
  20. krytine Loyal Player

If a player used all there tools available then they will be able to do thier role. So the only thing that unnecessarily increasing resto will do will only hide thier weaknesses of not knowing thier role. I for one am glad the resto was basically cut in half so that way you have to stay on top of healing
    • Like x 1