Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ashrod New Player

finally, i get it. gonna try all of them

i was wondering, before revamp i used a loadout whit the advance mecanic sistem and eternal flame as a supercharge clip, increasing my survival with good results
    now i see EF nerfed to no end, but still do you think that i should try it?
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

Thanks so much for posting all those loadouts! Are you available to run some content tonight to see how they perform?
  3. ManGraNor New Player

Optimal would be a damaging Supercharge since that is what you're there for however defensive is still an option. Test whatever you enjoy & go with it. Not limited by power points anymore.
  4. ManGraNor New Player

Don't mention it. Around what time? If you have no problem with me being cr 146 (took a very long break), only able to play open episode content & region difference I would be down.
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

As much as I'd like to find a power superpower build that does respectable damage while being both somewhat power responsible and at least semi-fun, I don't think it's going to happen.

The last few days I've put my energy into finding a build that satisfies everything that a pure superpower build doesn't. And this is what I've come up with:

Focus: Superpowered
    Skill Points: All Crits, 100 points in Precision, 150 points in Might/Power
    Weapon: Staff with Cleave mastery

Powers: Fiery weapon, Enflame, Stoke Flames, Inferno, Flashpoint, Wildfire
    Rotation: Enflame clipped with Fiery, Cleave, Inferno clipped with Stoke, Cleave, then rotate Flashpoint - Cleave and Wildfire - Cleave until Enflame is off cooldown

This is a pure melee build, so you'll need to be aware of the attacks that will kill you and roll out and range for a few seconds. This works in both JFA and US with US requiring a greater deal of attention paid to deadly attacks.
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Ignoring raids and alerts for a moment, I'd like to post a build I've found to be extremely effective in solo and duo content. I'm aware that this content is on the lower end of the difficulty spectrum and deemed trivial by some but often times solos and duos require a different approach than raids and alerts.

Focus: Hybrid
    Skill Points: All Crits, 175 Might/Power, 65 Precision
    Weapon: Staff with Cleave mastery and Mortar mastery

Powers: Engulf, Enflame, Flashpoint, Backdraft, Wildfire, Immolation

I don't follow any sort of true rotation. This build allows you to juggle, knock up and knock back the NPCs in solo and duo content. In addition, Immolation provides a shield against incoming damage while Backdraft provides a decent heal when used on burning enemies. Survivability can be increased by swapping out Wildfire for Hard Light Shield and increased even further by switching to tank stance if needed.
  7. Ashrod New Player

What about AH?
    I tryed the first loadout. Really power hungry but great damage
    By clipping absorb heat taking out stoke flames power regenerates by itself
    Still to risky to interrupt. What do you think?
  8. ManGraNor New Player

Sounds like Hybrid to me & your power issue should be solved by focusing on Might/Power instead. Would only consider Precision & Weapon Mastery (Fiery Weapon as well) only in Hybrid or Weapons Expert. By doing that you save more points for stats like Might/Power instead which should solve your damage problem as well. The fun part you will have to figure out yourself.
  9. ManGraNor New Player

The opposite here. You need a balance between Might/Power & Precision & Fiery Weapon instead of Engulf because the high cooldown makes it very clunky to clip with.
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Im hating Fireburst even more than i already did.
    Not only is still not hitting encased enemies, it also appears to dont block-break anymore but is still counterable. And on top of that...the long cooldown. It doesnt matter if you hit or get interrupted, you still get the cooldown. At least before, if we were interrupted, we could shoot it again right away.
    Ugh!
  11. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

It's always been vulnerable​ to interrupt, even prior to AMs. Most channeled abilities are
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, I know.
    Just ranting lol
    • Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Unless you use the mainframe mod. But then you lose the one which gives you extra damage.

I also had a question...originally, Overheat would hit one enemy. If there were more around they would be ignited. This works on League Hall dummies. But I've noticed it isn't really doing this in content. Has anyone else noticed this?
  14. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Empowered Channeling doesn't actually cover Fireburst and Mass Det. Tested in A51 open world commandos
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I would try backdraft in the place of wildfire and also go with a weapon combos.

I would say go: inferno cancel with FW enflame cancel with stoke weapon combo calcel with flashpoint combo overheat/spontaneous combustion combo then finish with backdraft. The idea is to stack your burns then consume them with backdraft to start the rotation again. This is a melee loadout that was used before game up 36 except for stoke flames . Going hybrid will give you good power back so it may not be as power hungry as it once was . MA into dual pistol has good AOE and is a quick combo.
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I think you misunderstood what I posted.

This is a hybrid setup. I only go superpowered focus because it's the only way to get a proper power return since the double tap that precedes cleave provides too little power. This setup has no power or damage issues, and it's fun too.

I gave up on trying a pure superpowered build (as in PFFT). There are just too many powers that PFFT uses that I either don't like the feel of (Detonate, Flame Cascade, Fireburst) or just outright refuse to use.
  17. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I think the whole point of this loadout was missed. I don't know maybe it's a mistake to try and share builds that don't fit into cookie cutter boxes. There is so much potential variety that is being overlooked all because after only a week people have already started to decide that things have to be this exact way.

The first 4 powers all have some sort of control effect to them. In solo and duo content that is extremely beneficial. Wildfire provides great burst and Immolation gives extra survivability.

And I lean more towards might and power so I can just mess around and have fun, spam juggles and stuff. Could I min/max the loadout and turn it into something completely different. Of course, but why would I.

The great thing about the revamp is we can get creative and see good results with whatever feels right, you really can. It's just too bad people have already lost sight of that.
  18. Streven Dedicated Player

I like your approach. I've always preferred loadouts that are practical and versatile over pure min/max builds. Result of always pugging I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  19. ManGraNor New Player

I'm giving you some input. What you do with it is all up to you.You can run all iconic/movement abilities in solo/duos for all I care. I even built in Spontanious Combustion in some loadouts just because I liked the sound.
  20. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I got a tanking question regarding fire soul. If I attack and get my defense up, then block for a second to get a counter, do i immediately loss fire soul and my stacked up defense? Basically am I starting over from scratch or would I continue with the buffed defense more or less where I left off?