GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Instead of all the apocalyptic posts that went around, people should have just sucked it up and made the best of what they got. The revamp wasn't being called off and screaming "it's going to fail" around every turn and corner didn't and won't fix anything.

Now here we are. If people don't like what they see, should have came earlier instead of leaving an entire game revamp to a small handful of tester's.
    • Like x 10
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

More of this blame the players nonsense. Last i checked none of us work for daybreak. I guess the devs themselves had no part in this revamp? :rolleyes: Cmon fatal. Im not trying to be rude or start some drama. But i see this way too much on here. Laying all the responsibility at the players feet. Now if ya didnt mean it that way then my bad, sorry.
    • Like x 8
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You don't have to work for daybreak to test something that's drastically changing a game you love. Not enough voices were heard over the course of the revamp testing, especially in the support role area. We had plenty of dps feedback, which is why that's in somewhat ok condition, but the lack of support feedback shows. Regardless who's fault it is, it's a big problem since this is supposed to be the last iteration.
    • Like x 5
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

If this was the only game on the market, then yea. But what you're not mentioning is what caused those posts. We had a good amount of reliable and knowledgeable testers at the beginning to mid phase. Most of them gave good reasons for why and what needed to be changed at the time of their departure, but the ones who were screaming, majority of them weren't even testers or even legit.

Main thing is, I don't see a difference with those we have now IF they was with us back then because of the folks we had back then.

And your right for we are at the final point of testing. If people don't like what they see then they're gonna have a decision to make coming real soon.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I would suggest buying some time capsules and getting some cooldown accelerators. Can we have Cooldown accelerators put on Test?
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've tried testing this; as much as I could take. I've made suggestions; some have been heeded. But it is such a drastic change from AM; that we are going to feel lost clunky and disjointed. Players are going to have to muddle through this once it goes Beta ( I mean Live.)
    • Like x 1
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

And im sorry to chime in here, but ima have to disagree with this too. For a update this important, you do not need many voices to make changes based on common sense and knowledge of the current game meta.

Celestial Powers, was literally on the devs case every single day/time/ chance he/she can get, when it came to all healing changes and requested changes for that role on every healing power.

Kuro and Dark, literally spent a whole testing era phase; in the main thread, that even avair had to come chime in because things were getting hectic, on controlling and ways we can improve it while following the devs rules, whom once shooed off TONS of feedback of ours because they said they were following these rule, but still came around and gave suggestion according to the rules the devs applied.

Tanking, got the most changes as of support role, but because it is my least played role of the three and non of my powers i play are tank, i didn't bother much with tank powers.

But to say not enough voices were heard to justify a change, when we had top players giving suggestions on ways to improve the support roles, is when i have to come in. It might've not been alot, but when support roles were talked about, They Were Talked About! And sometimes you wished you did work for this game, because some of those changes would've been implemented as we speak. But thats not to call off the devs just yet. They still have time !
    • Like x 2
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

You've made two valid points that I agree with:
    And

That said, I do think that the devs should be playing their game. It honestly seems like they just develop the game and don't test it to even understand how the players feel which could also be why feedback is dismissed.

I mean it's apparent that the devs weren't even aware of the fact that FoS 3 and the like are ridiculously hard at endgame level and on top of that it's even harder than a T4 raid.

I would expect the makers of a game to be more familiar with it after they've been developing it for a while. It's like going to a restaurant which chefs that create their food but don't even taste it to know what it's like and they still release the plate.

Anyways back to the focus of this thread. I agree that support roles were definitely overlooked, along with lower level content. Most likely because the revamp seemed to target DPS. Healing on live is fine but as you mentioned it's kind of op. I like how tanking is a little more active BUT just like your sig shows it's just not good enough to go on live.

I also think that trash mobs hit far too hard in some instances such as FoS 3.
    • Like x 5
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

And again, I've seen the work you have done for this stats revamp, and have my outmost respect for it. But there are times when it really wasn't the players fault, as I am a person who will also call out players for being whiners/late to the discussion/ a piece of s***
    • Like x 1
  10. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

It is the devs' responsibility to make a quality game. They should have a paid testing department to do this type of work, not exploit their customers to work for free.
    • Like x 8
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm sure the testers will get the blame for this; if it is not well received.
    NOT!
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

my first thought is to scrap that SC generator nonsense as a whole...!
    at first, devs intended for an SC game build, wich could have been possible,
    lets say, if you would have like 2 SC's in your loadouts, and like 4 generators.
    but: for unnowns reasons, devs got rid of the idea, wich they never explained.
    now i guess the best option would be to do away with SC generatiors as a whole.
    this is my oppiniong alone, i am just honest here: those powers REALY are limiting.
    • Like x 3
  13. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol you honestly sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

It's Daybreak's responsibility to have quality testing done when making changes to their game, especially major changes such as this revamp.

The devs do not even play their own game in-depth and sorry excuses like your post are why they feel they can get away with relying on unpaid, unqualified and inexperienced non-professionals instead of ponying up some capital and time to either frequently play and test the game themselves or to have it tested properly and in-depth by non-biased professionals who know what they are doing.
    • Like x 4
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

regarding the PI aspect, here is a list of what happened to PI's while the course of revamp and testing:
    this is a reply i made in the electro test threat, and i think it is fitting for all powers with multiple PI's:

@ ALL IN GENERAL:
    the reason we had two PI's with the most powers, was to a certain degree that as long as you had two POWER TREES with dammage multiplyer (max dammage handmod made those irrelevant for AM's), with different levels and only 15 POWER POINTS to spend in those trees. that was all to balance the powers by limitation!
    it was made so you had to choose one or the other PI and in most cases, you cold not have both PI's in one optimal loadout.

PLEASE:
    consider this and ask yourselves if it still makes sense now! seeing that terror was removed from nature, dazed was removed from earth and graviton charge was removed from munitions: those changes were GREAT! they helped the powers for the new system (in wich it makes it hard for no reason if a power is split in half by two separated PI's)!
    only gadgets is cool with it because bursts are exploiting multiple PI's, similar to electrocute maybe... something still needs to be done!

well, there are some powers still on test dealing with this problem... lets look what we have;

mental: daze and terror (has conversion though)
    electro: electified and polarized
    quantum: time dillation and graviton charged
    gadgets: unique use of the PI's
    nature: poison (removed terror)
    sorcery: bad karma (removed polymorph)
    ice: frostbite (removed chill)
    earth: crushed (removed daze)
    munitions: burning (removed graviton charge)
    fire: burning
    light: dazed
    celest: purified
    rage: plasma burn
    atomIc: dazed

five powers only had one PI, for five you removed one PI, there are still four powers left...
    my solutions for the remaining would look like this:

mental: conversion is a nice idea, making mental unique... but it is not sufficient! you could simply let all bursts exploit both daze and terror... or you could give mental something special: all powers that are setting up daze could exploit terror and those set up terror could exploit daze... if you would do so: mass terror needs to setup terror, while exploiting dazed!
    gadgets: works since bursts can exploit multiple PI's and powers have realistic interactions. nice!
    electro: polarizing is causing objects to get attracted to targets... you could leave that effect, but change the PI into eletrified or you could make all bursts exploit both polarized and electrified (electrocute uses both allready)
    quantum: bursts could simply exploit both dillation and graviton charge, or you could make powers exploiting dilation also set up graviton charge, while powers exploiting graviton charge also set up dillation, similar to mental....
    • Like x 2
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

oh yeah, keep in mind: we got rid of the time, you could not have the same powers in a group for its DOT's overriding eachother.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Especially considering that the general feedback with most of the "experts" was basically, "get out of my thread." So, yeah, that's conducive to having a lot of people testing, lol.
    • Like x 5
  17. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

After what I seen on test I have a little issue with electric SC because they just always looked a little dull and hit crappy to me. I wish they could have gave electric a new SC that's maybe similar to Zues power or have a heavy lightning storm come down like the zues orbital.

And why is that one of the best animation powers in the game (electrocute) has been nerfed so bad. I thought one of the purposes was to use any power you want in game no matter if its DPS or support role. You have the option to do so but some of your favorite powers is not worth using cause they hit so weak. And why you cant use electrocute to heal, it could have been something like sorcery circle.

Just my opinion everyone, its just that dot powers has been down for so long they really needed or could have used a nice make over just my opinion.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Not to sound rude crappy, but this revamp isnt just about testing dps wise ;) Im not sure where anyone was asking to solo role anything under geared. Also the devs were the ones who said skilled groups could still do 5-1-1-1 iirc. Now maybe that was changed, not sure. But if it wasnt wouldnt that be solo tanking, healing, and trolling? Again if that was changed then alright but i was around pre gu47 and gu36 and people solo healed, solo tanked and solo trolled content. So im not understanding what cr scaling being gone has to do with solo rolling anything.

Its also been made clear soloing old raids is not the concern people have raised when it comes to old content. Guess im just confused by what u mean about the solo role thing. I dont see any fear mongering either. I see people asking questions and reporting back what they are experiencing on test. Mainly from the support role side and older content. I will say this thread has gone off topic a bit, including myself in that.

As far as the weapons expert thing well i havent seen a ton of complaining but after what mighty posted at the top of page 15 i think its clear it needs to be looked at and i wouldnt call any discussion about it a waste of time either. Thought the goal of this revamp was for the game to improve. There shouldnt be anything wrong with people discussing how to make things better. I think its kind of silly to have 3 play styles if 1 ends up superior to the other 2. So imo people discussing that should be happening.
    • Like x 12
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly this^ But the people who are testing should be familiar with what they are doing. But people certainly should not be getting chased out of testing threads when trying to post feedback ;)
    • Like x 6
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

I, like most players, commend the work you guys have done working on this revamp but you can't be angry at players who didn't test. It's not the player bases responsibility to ensure the revamp is completed smoothly. I've seen a lot of player feedback that was totally ignored. Some of it was addressed and I'll admit the devs are much more open minded to player suggestions with this revamp. Honestly though how many times did I see Celestial Powers post the same things and it just went unnoticed. Dps seems in a good place but support is all over the place. Still unsure why the couldn't have just lowered resto and vit and made a few small changes to certain powers. And honestly the devs have only been more receptive recently because they want to release this revamp asap. They have already worked how long on it? Most players don't have the time to get on test extensively. For most of us real life comes first. Just getting on live is a chore sometimes after working 10 to 12 hours a day and finding time to hang out with the family. I applaud what you testers have done and feel daybreak should reward all the testers for their diligence but don't get upset that there hasn't been more testers. It's not our job to fix their game that they broke.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.