GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck X Active Player

Exacly. I was never carried bc i was willing to learn from more experienced people and i had to put in some work to get through the content because it was actually difficult
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What needs to happen at this point is fixing tanks. If we can't get tanks to where they need to be, no one is going to be completing content OR everyone will have to go Ice and its the OC problem all over again.

Tank buffs need to be figured out.
    CC needs adjusted which also helps trolls.
    Then we can look at heals.
    Being able to solo raids or anything else is irrelevant if we can't fix these things.
    • Like x 5
  3. Duck X Active Player

Healers should only be able to solo heal raids if they are skilled enough.
    • Like x 2
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Someone get this guy some milk.

Seriously don't post silly things like this when people are trying to get the revamp ready.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would be happy for a feat that grants zero points and adds the title "tester"...
    otherwise, the infinite soder cola from test server looks very attractive ^^
    • Like x 5
  6. Vicious Well-Known Player

I hope you guys realize how much of your casual playerbase you're going to alienate with this update. It doesn't personally effect me as much because I'm a die-hard and I've got 308 SP but there's nothing fun about a content update that requires bigger teams to get through content that used to be easy and will likely result in fewer players around to make those bigger teams with.

If your goal is for 300 SP players to struggle in lower tier content, how do you guys expect players with 150 SP to get through it? The easy answer is that they won't. They'll need higher tier players to carry them, and with higher tier players focusing on just clearing their own instances, there won't be any around to queue with them.

Every other game in the world has a simple formula: a level 200 player running through level 150 content will steamroll through it. That's how it's supposed to be. You leveled full tiers above that content and you've earned the ability to crush it if you even need to run it for whatever reason.

There's such a thing as over-managing and I think that's what has happened with this revamp. You guys tried doing a lot more than you needed to. I know I'm obviously oversimplifying it and I don't mean to trivialize a year's worth of work that went into this because I understand there was a lot more to work through and it was necessary, but the NPC vs player interaction in every other game is usually as simple as "NPC has x-defense*x-HP, Player has x-attack; if player attack is greater than NPC defense*HP, player wins". The bigger that gulf becomes, the easier it should be to achieve that result. Adjusting or curving stats or trying to present a challenge for end-game players in every tier of content, that's unnecessary and it's overdoing what this revamp should actually represent.
    • Like x 16
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

can we have an update what devs are currently working on and what they think of the feedback so far? survey time?
  8. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

So true. If revamp goes live as is, this game will surely not survive it. All these unnecisary changes to such extremes is a long way off from what players actually wanted and expected when this whole stats matters revamp talks started a year ago. A complete overhaul to the game and weaking players is definitely not going to sit well with people who have been grinding to get to where they are, and If current op players at end game content and 300+ Skill points cant beat lower content how are people just starting and progressing normally supposed to get through it? All this will do is frustrate everyone and lead to no one attenpting to do anything or play this game at all.
    • Like x 8
  9. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

I was referring to people who purchase content separately in that post. There are people who purchase episodes but have never purchased the lair sytem / utility belt unlocks and balancing said content expecting frequent use of tools that people may or may not have just seems to be asking for trouble. On that note, what exactly is content where players are expected to push themselves? Is it only the latest tier / episode? Or is it any instance @ that players level? Are they going to balance content below a certain threshold without them? If so, if that player decides to purchase more content, should they be expected to have to purchase additional unlocks to play the content effectively? Will full groups of players without these unlocks just be up a creek? How about the free game content? What im saying is if content (purchased or not) requires other things not related to that specific piece of content be pruhased, should they not at that point be made baseline?
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think that maybe we should be able to CC raid mobs in lower content, if we are overgeared.
    something similar to how CR differential worked, yet without the dammage in/output.
    at least if we go through teleporters. everyone seems to be made out of kryptonite,
    yet my character is not even kryptonian, though mentored by superman ^^
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

brainiac subconstruct (t2) teleporter:
    solo attempt failed. to much encasements, not possible to break free. you can do it maybe...
    if you got super patience skilled! i don't have... other than that: not even came to the first

prime battle ground (t4) teleporter:
    rather easy to solo. allmost made it at first try. adds not CC able, CC ables you...

cr201 sp280
    power: mental
    stats: super powered
    20 crit chance
    40 crit dammage
    1 precission
    1 health
    1 dominance
    175 might/power
    weapon: brawling (with MA and 2hand WM combos)
    full special forced might/precission exept head and shoulders
    full special forced generator mods power, vitalization, might
    trinkets: special force dampening field, supply, trinket, sidekick
    loadout: mass levitation (no CC, doesn't levitate or stuns), menace, telekinetic shield, telekinetic bolt, granduer, neo venom boost
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

@avair - I posted on the Weapons area but I wanted to put in here the question:
    Is it fair that players who will choose the Weapons Playstyle will have to sacrifice 20 skill points to achieve a weapon mastery while players that use the SuperPowered playstyle will have all the powers available?
    Couldn't Weapon Players have some sort of option to unlock at least 1 WM without having to use up skill points?
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

@vicious - I hope so too that the DEVS will revisit their decision with this whole low tiered content and end game players. Like you, i couldn't care less as I pretty much have everything I need from those lower raids. The only effect for me will be on my alts.

I will tell you now I WILL NOT purchase a single feat for any of my alts. I will NOT support any idea or direction to make content harder and feats harder to get in order to make the buying of feats a more "desirable" option.

This will kill any players that will attempt to level through the earlier content. Specially, since they actually pushed a lot of players into end game with the "summer of wonder" and free areas with attunable gear. All those players that powered through the early content will have a difficult time getting feats and we will likely end up with an increased number of highly geared players with less than 120 skill points.

And for those that may say " that skill points doesn't matter much and that most of the stats are in the gear." That there's no difference in damage between a toon with 120 sp and one with 275 sp. You had better be on test and tested both levels and learn to compare the results before you put that in writing.
    • Like x 6
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As an update, we remain focused on digesting the weekend's and yesterday's feedback, and on playtesting heavily ourselves. Primary topics of discussion include overall content difficulty, how much characters gain strength as they level/out level content, support role power and throughput, and playstyle balance. Nothing to share yet on any topics. Please keep the feedback coming!
    • Like x 4
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

thx for the update ^^
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

PROBLEM:
    the base mod for the back tells you: enemy players striking you have a 30% chance to get CC
    QUESTION:
    is this a PVP mod? does it only applyes on enemy players, or is it usefull for PVE aswell?
    i am asking because the describtion might be missleading and we no have mods in pvp gear
  17. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Hold on Mepps. How can Stats Revamp be almost ready when the Stats themselves have not been changed. Only the powers were being balanced. You have not managed gear stats, stats W\O gear, gear mods or proper skill point scaling. How is this going to work?
    • Like x 3
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

are the stat caps (maxed out at 175) going to rise when septembers DLC comes out?
    is the cap going to rise allways, with each new gear and each new content and feats?
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

please PM me if you know where to download a free game recording program
  20. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Try Google
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.