GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Hello, and welcome back. That Stats Revamp is here, and we are happy to announce that it will be released in our next update, Game Update 73!

It’s not time to celebrate just yet, though! We still need help to finish strong. For the next few weeks, we will still be tweaking, fine tuning, and adjusting based on feedback, and our our main focus on the test server will be on bug fixing.

As usual, here is our checklist with updates.

Stats Revamp Cheat Sheet
    • Green = on track and in good shape.
    • Yellow = our current and immediate focus.
    On Track:
    • Remove Combat Rating Differential
    • Adjust where player stats come from and smooth progression
    • Adjust NPC stats
    • Revamp skill tress/skill points
    • Remove Advanced Mechanics and Weapon Mastery bonus damage
    • Remove Power Points
    • Update all power sets
    • Enhance supercharges and supercharge builders
    • Balance powersets post-AM/WM
    • Balance and adjust roles to account for new stat numbers
    • Balance playstyles/focuses (PftT, Hybrid, Weapon)
    • Adjust ability cooldowns (for balance and combat pace)
    • Adjust ability power costs (for balance and combat pace)
    Ongoing and Under Review:
    • Address content bugs and adjust specific content as needed for difficulty
    • Address role-specific throughput and power cost concerns
    • Address powerset-specific bugs
    Looks good!

Today’s Update

Lately we have been paying special attention to content difficulty and role performance (on top of adjusting power sets and fixing bugs). In this update we made a number of fairly significant changes regarding those areas.

Stat Curve

A big part of the stats revamp process was going through and making stats progress at an exponential rate. Our goal with this was to make sure that the gains players got when they increased their CR felt worthwhile and impactful – remember, we want stats to matter.

However, as we have tested it became apparent to us that we may want to slow our roll a little bit and decrease the exponential growth a little bit in order to prevent some future problems and soften the edges around some edge case scenarios. So, we have reduced how quickly the numbers increase at each level and combat rating. When you log in, you will see that your stat values and output numbers will be lower. Rest assured, they are not reduced relative to NPCs and content. Everything across the board was lowered by the same amounts. This includes NPCs. So the game should play basically the same, but with smaller values.

Role-Specific Adjustments

Recently we have been receiving a significant amount of feedback regarding specific healer builds, overall power consumption, and controllers. We are addressing some of that feedback in this update with changes to power heals and healer passives.

We want to make individual heals stronger so that healers feel a little less spammy and so that each heal feels more impactful. We have decided to increase the healer role buff to grant a larger restoration bonus than it used to. This should go a long way towards getting us to these goals.

As far as power consumption and controllers go, there are still many cases where players are able to push the limits. In order to allow players to go more all out and to make Controllers more impactful, we have increased their group power heal by about 20%. This should go a long way to making the whole group have more power available.

Looking ahead, we will continue to review feedback on these topics and these changes, as well as what other changes might be required.

NPCs

We have been playing tons and tons of content lately and listening to feedback. During this process we have noted that some NPCs were doing disproportionately high damage, and that some content is taking much longer than others to complete. To address this, we have lowered damage for minions and matches and adjusted NPC health.

Please keep an eye out while playing instances for ease of play and length of runs.

Powerset Adjustments

We continued tweaking and updating powersets to address feedback from the threads. Nature was the largest recipient of these updates. This will continue for the next little while, so keep the feedback coming.

Finally, on behalf of the whole team, I want to thank you for giving us countless hours of testing and feedback. We really appreciate it and I think that it has led us to create a wonderful update that will provide the groundwork for new content, features, and updates in the future. Let’s finish strong!
    • Like x 17
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER MAGNIFICO!!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Awesome looking forward to this hitting live
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In before "Revamp isn't even close to ready, wtf"
    • Like x 9
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

After the past few days alot of progress has been made thanks to you testers diligence and the devs willingness to listen. I'm still concerned about a few things, as we all are, but I will wait till you testers respond before I pass judgement.
    • Like x 6
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Im very concerned this is going live already. After all the feedback i saw about weapons and power scaling issues. Really hope things will be fixed and fined tuned before this hits the live server.

I see balance powersets post AMs marked in green up there and i dont understand how the powers are balanced. Not after the feedback i saw in the last few days. Has the pet issue been fixed? Saw multiple people say they dmg was very high and moja saying do not use pets when testing.
    • Like x 5
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I honestly think this stat revamp is far from ready, this will be interesting to say the least in my view.
    • Like x 8
  8. SilkyPawz Bunny

I have lots of concerns an issues, the revamp is far from ready !!!! I really hope you guys fix all the issues. You will loose a lot of players if issues are not fixed before this goes live.
    • Like x 6
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree, there's not more left to adjust, I just hope individual power descrepencies were dealt with, that was really my biggest concern other then power management. Seeing they buffed trolls and lowered power costs across the board, one of those concerns can most likely be crossed off

Edit: costs were actually not reduced. I lied.
    • Like x 4
  10. AZPrime Active Player

Seems like a rushed decision to release this so quickly with so much of it still unresolved.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have confirmed there is absolutely no issue related to power scaling.

For anyone with concerns, please log into the test server this weekend and get to testing!
  12. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

What about "seamless transition" from precision to might based as you promised? I've seen no word on that given it's really close to release now.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have been in development on the stats revamp for over a year, and this is more or less the 9th full version of the revamp. We are still fine tuning.
    • Like x 4
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Spord is on the mod transition plan. It will hit test before we launch. It is intended to be super generous.
    • Like x 6
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

This is awesome news Devs, hope it get clears fast enough, I cant wait to try it out, actually, I ve waited for over a year, hope it goes live "SOON"
  16. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Well judging on how things go from test to live lately it'll probably be another week or 2 since they also need to throw the "seamless transition" plan onto test before it goes live as well. My best case scenario puts it at the 26th of this month.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Comments should be constructive and specific. If you have feedback, please offer it now in detail.
  18. silikyan Well-Known Player

Super Great, always great.

Ps: This post is not contructive but it had to be said
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Not gonna skip around the bush. when do you feel Gu73 will be hitting live?
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Soon.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.