Supergirl Show [Thoughts & Views]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magician, Oct 26, 2015.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is Manhunter impervious to injury now? Okay yes, the Kryptonite wouldn't affect him, but being stabbed should still have done something!!
    • Like x 1
  2. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I guess so.
    • Like x 1
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Coming in about 2 hours and 53 minutes, an all-new episode of Supergirl.
    • Like x 1
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Also a new Gotham is on tonight
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, Nygma starts calling himself "The Diddler Riddler"
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Soupgirl didn't even try and save that blowwhistler? o_O She flew out of the exploding car, landed, and only then looked back to see what happened?

Guardian is supposed to be fighting crime, right? But crime-fighting has an age limit on who they stop? That punk kid just robbed a store, but because he's a kid, he can get away with it?

Damn, was really hoping for some sort of 'thing' between Luthor and Danvers, but the writers are working extra hard to make it seem like she is just using Danvers (and she either knows she is Soupgirl, or at least suspects she is: there's no way she brought up Kryptonite by circumstantial happenstance)
    • Like x 1
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The amazing disappearing handcuffs, anyone else catch that?
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well last episode wasn't bad, it was actually good, though it was a filler episode. The villain wasn't a super powerful alien but a human who used the old saying "Mind over muscle" to outwit Kara.Although I have to say Supergirl tends to go guns blazing without using her head and I liked the Maggie scene when she had J'onn tried to impersonate the badguy's father but he saw through it but still I just kept thinking why doesnt J'onn just read his mind :confused:
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

J'onn already explained the kid was blocking his mind somehow, but, is there some personal code where he will only make a cursory probe and if they resist he stops? o_O

Kara really needs a Gwen-event to stop her from being such an uncontrolled moron: if it was the comics, the timer wouldn't simply have reset to four hours remaining, but actually blown Alex up, while Kara was watching
    She has not once shown any self-control, but never has to face the consequences. After she almost got her sister killed (by being a self-centered cow), she gambled everything on the daddy being a 'good guy', even though he was in prison for a double-homicide: what would she have done if papa was proud of what his son had done and didn't cooperate?
    • Like x 1
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Can they please cancel this show??? It's getting worse every episode. Maybe in a great finale with a big dimensionsional rift that allows the Manhunter and most of the villains to mover over to the other shows while destroying that Earth in total, including the complete female cast.

Or stop the crossovers with the other Earths completely, so no one has to watch it just to keep up for the crossovers....
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well there is always this to get your mind away from the bad things of the show :p

• Like x 1
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Nope. That kind of video trash usually comes with disgustlingly bad or worse music. And it does not make the last episodes any better. Come on, writers - Superbimbo is in a room where a live footage of her kidnapped sister ends and the kidnapper is there, too - and the only reason they cannot go "trash the kidnapper and have that superhackernerdgeekguy trace the signal and done" is: the episode wouldn't be long enough. Super crappy writing.
    • Like x 2
  13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I am disappointed by this week's episode, to be honest.
    • Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I'm with Shazam, this episode was more James Olsen concentrated but I guess they wanted to do something with the character because him being Guardian is pretty pointless and the episode pretty much served as a lead in towards next week's episode with the Daxamite invasion.

Also, did anyone miss the part where Martian Manhunter in Hank Henshaw form and Mon El with no glasses burst through the ceiling to confront Terri Hatcher with Leena being right there next to her. How come she didn't go, "Why is Kara's boyfriend with Supergirl and how does he have super strength?" :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fairly sure Lena was busy trying not to die to notice just who crashed the party
    But, it was interesting that Lena was ported as well, Mummy Evil must have left prior instructions because we didn't see her say anything like "Three to beam up, number two"

Mummy Evil did have one point: everything is on Kara: remember, she attacked the Daxamite ship, and she couldn't accept Mon El willingly agreeing to leave her

As for this episode being more Not-Jimmy centric? That was good, the less we have of SuperEgo the better
    • Like x 1
  16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Holy crap! Superman Vs Supergirl in the season finale. Its going to be uberepic!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I don't know but I'm kind of on the fence about the last episode and the whole Daxamite invasion. First, the good. Lot of action scenes and decent special effects especially with the budget the show has; reveal of the president being an alien (although the part when she was throwing the airplane wreckage, I wanted her to stay in her human form as a nod to the old Wonder Woman show); the Lena and Mon-El scenes; the Cyborg Manhunter R2D2 reference.

Now, for the bad. The president of the U.S. in Air Force One flying directly at a Daxamite armada; the whole lot of cringe worthy moments with Cat Grant; the seemingly unpreparedness of the DEO; and where in the world is the US military during an alien invasion where it's known that Daxamites are allergic to lead?

As for Supes, it was a great reveal but why is Superman once again mind controlled? And if it was easy to mind control him, why didn't Rhea mind control Kara?
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Number one rule when being attacked by a force with superior weaponry? If you manage to take some down, take their damn weapons!!!! Don't pick up a plain old shotgun, even if it turns out they have serious lead-allergy, just because they do have the allergy, they are still wearing armour

As for that pathetic fight between Guardian and four super-strength and armed Daxamites: since when was it revealed that lead was Daxamite Kryptonite? Thought it was simply they weren't protected against it, and even if it was the equivalent of space-hayfever, at least one of the damn Daxamite's had an energy lance thing, but instead of shooting the idiot, he tries and physically hit him with it? o_O
    • Like x 1
  19. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So, the leader of the free world is an alien....

"How about an amendment that the President has to be a human being?" - John Hancock in "Day of the Tentacle", 1993

"Please, this is serious business." - Thomas Jefferson's answer....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203441/quotes
    (last quotes on the page :D)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U just found out she's an alien?
    • Like x 1