Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

* I AM NOT BASHING ANYONE IN THIS THREAD SO DON'T COMMENT BASED ON TITLE*

Hello everyone, I've been reading some threads about people complaining abouthat stat clamping and whether it should be implemented or not. Plus I've seen a couple threads that have problems that can relate to this topic.

1. Personally I am not against stat clamping for multiple reason BUT I understand why people would be against. Valid arguments on both sides IMO.

2. A lot of people are complaining about new players being incompetent and others saying that they're incompetent because of lack of tutorials and level 190s ROFLstomping through content not directed towards them.

3. People suggest LFG but I'm sure we can all agree that LFG is kinda useless for raids under T6. At least for me I never see those raids advertised through LFG and I'm sure it's probably not better on EU server. Joining a league may be difficult since there aren't many leagues that do help low levels and if there are the ones helping probably have high CR. Saying just get friends probably wouldn't work either because not everyone can have friends of each role online at the same time. Plus there are some who would rather go solo.

*SUGGESTION*: I missed today's ask DCUO (I was playing dc lol) so I'm not sure if this was brought up or not but I believe my suggestion could cater to both sides. I think that we should have an optional matchmaking system. For example fixed CR and open. Fixed A could be for people trying to run content with other people who have around the same CR. Fixed B could be for those who want to play with high levels (maybe for experienced players who want to go for a quick feat or something). Open is pretty self-explanatory, any body with CR high enough to enter a certain instance can join and it would be like what he have now.

Let's use Paradox Wave as an example: Some want to do it in 2 minutes for the EO feat and others actually want to see the tunnels. So fixed CR A(only 86-104 CR), fixed CR B(120+) and open would be for everyone.

This probably wouldn't be affective for T8 but I think it would be beneficial to the game in the long run.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I'll just say no.

In before the lock.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Why no and why do you think it would be locked? Just curious.
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

ill just say yes. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Thoughts?

My sig below is my thoughts on everything that usually takes place within the stat-clamping thread.

(well not entirely but you get the idea, people like it, people reject it, and the thread goes bye-bye)
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I given my thoughts on this. People think stat clamping will magically fix a bunch of problems. It wont. Atm the devs are focusing on the stat revamp. Imo thats more important right now.
    • Like x 7
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I don't see how this is stat clamping thread and even if it was it's not forced. This seems like the best way to cater to both sides. Making everyone the same CR (whether high or low) has been suggested and a ton have disagreed with it. I just felt that this would be a good compromise. People could have the *option* to continue to play like now, play with others in their CR range or play with super high levels for a specific feat.

For raids like UM I think some adjustments should be made like raising minimum CR.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I sort of disagree with the first part but definitely agree with the second part.

1. I really don't see how this is a stat clamping thread because in my suggestion I didn't say stat clamping or I didn't mean it. This was more like an option to divide players who want to be divided for different reasons or play together for different reasons. I always felt that more options would be better. Almost like how there are three different types of playstyles for the revamp instead of one that's forced on you (what I mean by that is when only one playstyle is effective). Will it fix problems immediately? Most likely not, but I feel that it could help (even a little) in the long run. Though adding tutorials would be great.

I definitely agree with your comment about the revamp though.
  10. IamINC Dedicated Player

Am not against the idea of stat clamping in instances but at this moment it's really not a viable way to use the resources the devs have right now.

Revamp is the most important thing atm , I think we all agree on that but after? who knows what they will do.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Oh don't get me wrong I really hope that the revamp is their first priority. This was just a suggestion I thought players against or for clamping could agree on because it's not forced clamping nor does it mean that low levels have to *have* to be carried through a raid they don't want to be carried through.
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

I play a lot of FFXIV and I like how the dungeon clamping works , you go in at the set level cap and the more you play it ,the more you learn the layout if the instance and how to beat it in an efficient way at that level.

No higher levels to smash through a "quick run" and everyone gets to enjoy it for what it is , definite possibilities for DCUO to implement something like that but we both know there will be players that will scream "I worked hard for my CR , I want to feel powerful and one shot everything" which I suppose is also a fair point.

If it were to work there would have to be some kind of middle ground , unlikely but we can but dream ......
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly i agree with that but I believe that's where my suggestion comes into play. I stated that we could have three different matchmakers. Fixed CR A (CR range for that content), Fixed CR B (people significantly above that level) and open for everybody.
  14. IamINC Dedicated Player

Would 100% like to see the option of both going in at full CR or at the required min/max CR , your suggestion is totally viable in my opinion and something i'd love to see eventually , would make running older content so much more fun for those of us who enjoyed the challenge the first time round.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly my intentions. I miss playing T5 content and enjoying it but I guess I could always make an alt but when I do some 190 300 SP guy stomps through the content before I can blink.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

What's the sense to have stat clamping if you no longer have the CR differential?
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

In your opinion it won't. In my opinion it will. See how that works?
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Not sure if comment is serious?
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Except did they really work hard for their cr? I know I didn't. leveling is quite frankly a joke in this game.

I mean unless you consider getting to end game in a month or so difficult, or once at end game throwing a bunch of replays at the screen in the first week, or you could just wait a few weeks get some drop gear get pretty close, or hey you could just do nothing and buy time capsule gear and sit around in the watchtower and be close to top cr. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Oh my I never thought of that lol I forgot the revamp was fixing that. However, I'm sure the higher your CR the more you can bet you would be stronger since you'd probably have better gear. And this thread was for three different options. I'm sure that even after the differential is removed there will be OP players stomping through low level comment.
    I see your point though, can't believe that escaped my mind.