Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

All of these changes we did not ask for. I feel like I will have to re-learn all of the power-sets

Meanwhile....back in Gotham

Many testers hard at work on their on dime have given feedback revealing that STATS are NOT Mattering and that the cool downs are still a huge problem.

Others have also tested that the 3 play styles don't come close in damage comparison and that Pftt is simply ineffective compared to the other 2 styles.

So it remains at this rate we have no idea when this revamp will actually ever be complete.

When Avair says things are "on track" what does that mean? On track for next year? Next month?

There are both many Veteran and new players watching and waiting to see what comes of this "revamp."

I really hope that it does not mirror in any fashion what is currently on test. I would love to see people return to the game and not more people take a "break" from it.

The revamp has become more of a redo of dcuo and the most important aspect of DCUO being it's COMBAT SYSTEM is being dragged thru the Gotham Sewers and left for dead in Crime alley. /EndRant

P.S. Please do not Kill this game
    • Like x 11
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

Did you play on test, or did you read about/watch someone else. Just curious.
    I thought it sounded like the newest test was better on cooldowns?
    • Like x 3
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

Pfft is on part with strictly weapon use. It is behind the hybrid spec tho. Or what I like to call legends pve spec.

P.S the game is already dead.
    • Like x 3
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Hybrid spec should be the ONLY spec. They're shooting themselves in the feet again by trying to split this into 3 alternate methods. That makes it phenomenally more difficult to balance the individual powers, because you're having to consider the balance for each 3 times. That results in powers being brought so close in line with each other (so they flow as a set type across other power types), that they begin to lose their uniqueness even further. The combo powers would add another layer of difficulty to that.
    • Like x 7
  5. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Too late
    • Like x 5
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

Problem is, they went away from that for the last 3 years. Going back to only that playstyle will lose alot of players.
    • Like x 5
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Using only weapons is not my idea of fun. Using all tray powers only seem fun but misses the point. Using a weapon with powers is what feels right. Think of it as a reload; you use your weapon and run out of ammo and need to wait for a recharge, then you use your powers and do damage until it's depleted, by then your weapon is recharged and ready to use. It's like a Jedi using his lightsaber (weapon) and using a force power (power tray) to add on a distraction, self defense, or to inflict additional damage. That's what it should be like and not this 3-style method which can't be balanced ever.

Powers should be more split between dot/aoe/burst/buff so we can buff a weapon and apply an aoe if big crowd or a dot to a boss all while using weapon strikes to take them down. The game was built on this and needs to be again. Playing other than hybrid is an insult to the game and diminishes the fun and skill out of it like beating a dead horse with a dead horse.

Cooldowns do need reworked so they are shorter and correspond to their damage output type such as aoe vs burst vs cast. This is also a fast paced action game so having long cooldowns would ruin this game for many.

They have a long way to go before it's ready...unfortunately
    • Like x 5
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Is fear mongering that in style right now?
    • Like x 8
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

Using a weapon with powers may feel right for you. It however does not feel right for, I think a majority but if it's not it is still a large portion of the game, everyone. If the devs go away from Pfft then you can expect a large exodus of players and quite frankly the game can't handle that. It's the same with the hybrid playstyle. Devs have cornered themselves and if they don't deliver on what they said then it's likely the revamp will lead to the demise of the game. I'm sure your response will be that the players we lose will be offset by the players who return but of all my friends who have quit not 1 has said they will return. They care less about the revamp then they do about the other problems dcuo has atm.
    • Like x 3
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yup. Pftt not being viable is the end of the line.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's the cool thing to do nowadays. People want to spread fear and panic over something someone else said instead of just trying it for themselves.

I hope these people quit. Game will be better off.
    • Like x 7
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

The game has gone in stages form beginning to clipping to wm to am and now back to the beginning again. Each transition was a hurdle and people left and it was a pain to adapt to the new playstyle. We are here again but it's a bigger cliff because the previous stuff stacked and now we fall off. Devs want to keep it all and try to balance it, but that's not possible. I'm sure people will leave and whatever, but the purpose of the revamp is to put the game back to the beginning ways with updated changes to powers. It will suck but it will help solve a lot of problems such as 1 shots.

Now, there are a lot of problems with the game as I do help moderate the issue tracker and those do take time to fix. Some of those should be fixed with the revamp in itself due to the changes such as overkilling certain bosses. But the revamp is really needed imo. I don't speak for all, but I'm tired of playing from the tray the whole time. And playing all weapons is the opposite and is just dumb. Only hybrids should be considered for the revamp.
    • Like x 3
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Nobody complained about that playstyle 3 years ago, nobody asked for WM.
    Lot of people quitting because of lack of Pftt? I don't think so . There are far more important reasons to quit this game like time capsules.
    Many people already quit the game because of this Pftt - AM playstyle. I believe Devs have the numbers.

'Hybrid' remembers times of the highest population this game's ever had, AM - quite the opposite. How many players tried this game and quit because nobody told them how to use AMs, I bet more than many realize. "But I don't like weapons!" Well. weapons are core of this game's combat system, counter mechanics,it was built around them over 6 years ago. "Superhero Don't use weapons" Martial Arts, Brawling and Handblasters are considered as 'weapons here so all superheroes use some. Devs's another attempt at Pftt playstyle will make it either OP or weak which will cause another mess. No way they can put Pftt and Hybrid in one line, maybe in another two years :eek: The only rational way to balance powers is go back to the roots and improve it or make DCUO 2 and start from scratch.
    • Like x 3
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

While the devs rework and tweak powers, electric and nature is still terrible and the "elite" 1234 powers and combo powers are abusing mainframe/repair/broker bots. And players take up for this game and/or get upset about others opinions. I log on DCUO to finish dailies and get bored within 10 mins. Tbh players that blindly take up for devs is the problem with this game. Go back and look up when the max sodas drop to capsules. It's the same people blindly defending devs
    • Like x 7
  15. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

LIke hell it will. They lost more players just by introducing WM and AMs than they'd lose because they went back to what wasn't broken and definitely wasn't asked for.

People wanting to play purely from the tray are attempting to adapt the static playstyles of a turn based MMORPG, which is a step backward for the type of combat DCUO had smartly been building before some moron decided they wanted to go all Tim Taylor and break all the things.

If you want to drop the weapon system in favor of having built in fighting styles for each power type, that mimics the use of powers for melee combat, that's one way to do it. You could then take specific weapon animations and adapt them to the iconics tree. Sgt Rock's Mortar strike (rifle mortar), Red Hood's barrage (pistol's full auto), Green Arrow's trick arrow (bow explosive shot), etc. This would still be a huge step back.
    • Like x 4
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You been watchin' the news right?
  17. krytine Loyal Player

I am kind of in agreement with you but if the testing were set to a better control group and stated that this is the defult basic play style and these other ways are ways to play as well but the testing is set for this style and let everyone play as they would then things should still be fine
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Tell that to the AM´s lovers....
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

As Far as Stats-Matter goes, Yeah It's not perfect, but it's still not close to being completed.

As I've said before I'm reserving Judgement on this and will continue to test it out. Unlike the majority of you folks out there: I'm not gonna be one of those guys that will jump to a conclusion straight away even though the Developers have stated multiple times "We're still early in stats-matter testing"

If you know other Playstyles aren't balanced, wait for them to respond and fix it.
    And finally: Why are you guys constantly making threads in Gotham?Seriously It'd be much easier if Everyone would stop posting in Gotham and Actually post said feedback on their testing threads.
    • Like x 2
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

YES you will have to relearn the power-sets as we should because how they are now are one trick ponies were these 5 powers are all you use for every power.. change is good it causes growth embrace it or be left behind lots of us have been through this all many times
    • Like x 3