Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. inferno Loyal Player

Stats not mattering? I am going to highly disagree with that statement. I will say that if they are putting 30 or 40 and spreading their 110 SPs into different stats the effects are not going to be noticeable.
    Here's what's going in Test when it comes to SP.
    as a DPS 60 SP are going into critical attack and damage, leaving you with only 105 SP or less to go to a different stat. As a tester, you need all that remaining SP into one Stat of your choice. You need it to see a significant increase in either damage or power ticks back to you. If you're testing and putting in 30 SP on precision, might and power each; you won't see significant changes in the numbers.

My advice to players now, if you have around 170 SP for your toons, you need to start playing and getting those feats and skill points. As far as i'm concerned 170 sp gets you the minimum requirement to be a competitive player, 230 will allow you to breath easier and anything more than that maximizes your potential.

Yeah, Stats Will Matter.
    • Like x 2
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Bottom line is you are just clueless. Sorry but you just are. What you suggest isn't what people want, using a superpower means not having to use weapons at all because those aren't super or powers. Unless your character is plain human based like Batman or Green Arrow among others you will make a character based on a meta or magic hero, meaning NO WEAPONS NEEDED. Superman's weapon isn't brawling, it's his super strength combined with many other super abilities that have nothing to do with using a weapon. Flash never uses weapons and he doesn't have super strength either. Dr. Fate only uses magic so tell me how he fits into your "themed" weapons if he doesn't use any. This ain't Marvel where every hero has a weapon of some kind, it's DC where your own abilities dictate what you can do and what you are.
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I keep saying they are coming up with the revamp as we go, as is they have less idea of what they want than we do and we keep seeing them changing their "philosophy" over and over, from "play any way you want" to "you need to spec into power" to "you have 3 play styles with hybrid being the best", and by ver .4 we'll either see "all combat will be valid just the same" or "you have to use weapons as it's easier for future development", because yeah the best part is how all this is to add things later into the game, things we will never ever see but they like to make promises to have at it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Superman = Brawling
    Dr. Fate = HB
    Flash uses a lot of punching in comincs, so it can be played as his version here on Legends.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yes, I am a day one player/ subscriber (and I have my Back From the Hack and original Batman to prove it).

If we were going to a fast, clip-style play that would be one thing but we're not. What's currently on test is very awkward and clunky-- the cooldowns and dovetails are nothing remotely like pre-AM gameplay. And even if it were, without a viable pftt style, the entire revamp is pointless and doomed to fail.
    • Like x 2
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

that's just ur perception because the body of a super hero can be a weapon so can be the mind ,if a hero is using hand to hand combat their hands become a weapon and most of those do like superman, flash etc
    • Like x 1
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

True, some people that are saying that it's like pre-AM/WM obviously hasn't been on test. I've been on test and I could go on the technicalities of it but like most testers are saying, it's just UNFUN.
    • Like x 4
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

ok. keep that rain cloud over your head. in the meantime we'll keep giving feedback to what you call a clunky system, which is an opinion, because whats on test is still so much better than live. and its been stated several times in the new thread 1.3 this is not the version that will see live and they are actively trying to keep the fast paced gameplay. They are creating a viable pfft style for the AM generation, which I dislike but its a necessity at this point. fine. Your comparison to legends pve and test is just so completely invalid. That was your original statement, no one wants to play like legends pve. People do want to play like legends PVE but at a faster pace mixing combos and powers. No where in a legends pve instance is a troll present effectively rendering gameplay to be sluggish. That will not be the case with a troll present as you will be able to cast powers and weapon attacks at a much higher pace. The cooldowns are continously being looked at to keep the fast pace. like I said. test does not equal live. but keep the negative attitude all you want.
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Stating facts ≠ rain cloud.

What's on test at the moment makes live feel like the most sleek perfect gameplay mechanics ever conceived. I had very high hopes for 1.3 but it's still a disaster.
    • Like x 2
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Completing rage combos require very little skill you just have to remember what combos into what (although to be fair that's easily the most forgiving combo power in the whole bunch), clipping it however does require skill... in fact clipping any of the combos in the combo powers require skill.

That does not change the fact that the ability those powers have, to just be their power, was wanted by a good deal of the population (even among those that left and never returned) there were quite a few threads posted about the subject long before weapon mastery even came out (and that was just with Celestial and Light existing).

I am not saying AM's require vast skill (although certain powers more than others, the triple mass terror/EMP loadout takes some getting used to... and not everyone can actually manage it correctly). Nor do I think anyone is saying play from the tray should do superior damage, viable damage yes, superior no.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Maybe you don´t Wiccan, but some folks here on the Forums want the dmg of "PftT be on par with the damage that a skilled player can pull off with a clipped rotation that requires more effort/skill, and i´m totally against of that. Decent damage yes, but not on par.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

You're moving the goal posts and inserting words into the mouths of others again (a bad habit of yours!).

There's no reason a new pftt style can't be skilled style of play.
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

From what I've experienced on test.. the damage is too far apart.

I think the way this game is heading (and sadly I think this revamp might "dumb" down the powers because they will end up being even less unique than before) we need to look at the whole picture... what's best for the game.

The majority of folks in this game are DPS, whatever their reasons for that are, if the DPS aren't "happy" than their could be fallout for the game as a whole (i.e population decline).

One thing that can keep them "happy" is if play from the tray is viable, as in you can do good damage. Hybrid playing on test far outweighs that... I do think it should be higher, but I don't think it should completely outshine... after all than were just trading one status quo for another... and really at this point we should just want a clean slate where things are all sunshines and rainbows.
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Not going any further with you, you are not the the prime example of a skilled player either, so i´ll take your opinions with a grain of salt.
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's fine. But if you want to invent imaginary standards that haven't been discussed then try to overlay them onto a situation, I'm sure you can understand how that might give people pause ;)

Also, I'm glad to know that you are the ultimate decision maker on who is and who is not a "skilled player."
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I see where are you coming from, and your PoV it´s way more unifier than mine (which is not a bad thing),but at this point i´m really sick of seeing this game getting worse because the devs always try to please to the terrible players that we have in our community, and what is worse,is that they are getting bolder with thepast oftime,at thepoint that they think that they should dictate the direction of the game,and how it should be played.

I´m well aware that my opinions are not always welcomed here on the forums, because most of the people who cry for nerfs when things are difficult are always here. People who usually don´t struggle to run content barely visit the forums, take for example my Leaguemates, they are all PS players and they barely visit this website. So thats why people should never think that the opinions of the "majority" of the forum base represents what most of theplayers in-game think or want.
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Opinions does not equal facts.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I agree pretty much all around.

There's definitely a toxic extreme minority who think of themselves as superior players to the rest of the community-- those players tend to be average/ below average players who are barking loudly to overcompensate. I think if we can disregard those unhelpful, weirdly slanted takes we have a real chance to come away with a viable play from the tray option.
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think we can agree that we don't want the game to get worse, I think the main point that I differ is I don't think all the changes that have been bad have been brought about due to the "terrible players" that exist in this game. I think a lot of the times things go worse when they either don't simplify or they bring things that folks want in a way that makes them unhappy (but that's a whooole different topic).

I also know the majority of the player base do not come to these forums but if you play with enough folks in game (which I do a lot of) and talk with them and figure out what they enjoy or dislike about the game you can often find out that most folks have things in common, which is the love of the battle system... granted some of those people may not know how things used to be... they just know how it is now.

I do think though at the end of the day we still need to wait.

Ugh now I need cake.
  20. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Play from the tray... ROTFL, This is a G A M E, what power spamming has to do with being a superhero or supervillain? Let me enlighten you - NOTHING! Look at other superhero G A M E S. Superheroes cast power after power fighting villains? What a joke. Hope Devs ignore this bs and focus on TESTING FEEDBACK threads.
    • Like x 2