Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

This is a false correlation.
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

No, it´s a fact. Game was more popular back in the day, people start to leave after GU 36.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

There are myriad factors that are involved with the population dying out, not the least of which is the merry go round of systems changes that have plagued DCUO. Another, of course, is simply time. MMOs have populations that slow down over time.

Obviously, if play from the tray had been the dominant, viable playstyle at launch DCUO would have been much, much more successful.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

They introduced armories so players didn't have to play a hybrid build iirc.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You are confused, what he meant with the term "hybrid" is playing mixing weapons and powers, and that doesn´t have anything to do with armories.
    • Like x 2
  6. Malachee Committed Player

I hear you. I really do. But can also understand why so many players are getting very nervous. Let's face it, many times over the past few years when changes were coming and a player or Dev said, "just wait and see"...things didn't turn out well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I really don't get this "Legends-style" gameplay thing. That was the way we played before AMs ever came out. I don't recall ever being in a group where there were DPS who just used powers and no weapons (except for Light and to a lesser degree Celestial). People are talking like the game is switching to a Legends-style of gameplay, when the fact of the matter is that Legends did not originate that playstyle - the original combat system that we had for 3-4 years did. There are still a heck of a lot of things to be ironed out before the update goes live, I don't deny that in the slightest, but things do get better with each iteration of the revamp.
    • Like x 3
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Actually when Celestial was released alot of people were jealous of the fact that Celestial could play from the tray (they only used their weapons rarely, with a controller back than you could clip just fine and not be "drained"... sure you'd have to use your weapon a little bit, but that was mostly the heavy clippers).

There are also numerous factors why people left.

I will point out though a good portion of folks like the ability play from the tray, and the devs promised that would be a viable option, among others.. the devs built this bed and if they don't deliver I do think folks will be leaving... maybe not enough to make the game "die"... but less population really isn't a good thing, ya know.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Right but powers only was the desired play style from day one. Removing it as a viable playstyle now is not appropriate. Legends- style is a good descriptor because of the slow, sluggish hybrid gameplay currently on test.
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think the problem is the fact that when AM's were announced most people were excited about the new way to play... lots of folks hated having to use a weapon because they didn't feel like a superhero (and most of them didn't want to just keep using handblasters).
    The main problem with AM's is that they are "easy" (well and "overpowered") and their is less variety in them... while you had optimal loadouts (and things like this will always technically exist) their were options... most AMs don't really have "true options"... so you were even more cookie cutter than before.

I also think AMs enhanced the uniqueness the powers had (although some need uppage or lowerage of over all performance) and right now things look like they could be getting "less unique"... which would than make our regular characters truly become closer to just playing legends characters.

Although like I previously stated it's too soon to light torches.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]

In the meantime I leave this for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Torches

:p:D
    • Like x 1
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I just find it so funny. this game has lost a lot its gained a lot. no one knows the exact numbers and revenue it takes in in comparison to past years, it could have less players but make more money who knows. The only thing I do know is that for 6 years. 6 years. this game has been "dieing" according to these people. Every GU that made major changes, if someone didn't like it, its dieing. I didn't like WM, I didn't like Ams, I'm still here. I adapted. Ill adapt again. As long as the core mechanics of dc still here, which it looks like they are trying to preserver that on the revamp ill still be here. This game has many issues. yes. point me to one other game with 0 flaws. You won't. and can't. I think a lot of you get caught up in all the hoopla. Im not a pom pom ra ra guy I'm just saying. sometimes you need to just chill out. Do you know how many games actually last 6 years plus? the answer is little. We all have issues with the TC's and what not but at the end of the day if you enjoy the game play. If you don't. Don't. All we can do is give them what we can and hope they listen.

Edit: As for Ams and WM go. I don't like Ams because it dumbs down the powers. Its incredible boring pressing 123456 for a whole raid. Too many newer players have gotten accustomed to Ams which is why they are trying to make a PFFT playstyle still. I agree when people say it should just be a hybrid style but they are forced to implement this out of fear of losing potential players. Pre AM and WM the people who stayed had to adjust to the new playstyles just like people will have to adjust to this NEW OLD playstyle. Problem is they lost alot of players with those previous combat changes and are probably trying to not have that repeat. They are trying to please everyone which I can't blame them. They kinda put themselves in this mess and this is the best way to get them out
    • Like x 5
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

no its a fact. and they nerfed the required amount of sp to play PFFT. Required. So if you have more than the REQUIREMENTS, I would beg to argue you will be more effective than someone with just the bare minimum. If anything the lowering of the required sp to play these styles only made skill points and the people with much higher sp that much more important as you get more.
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

What are talking about? you can play mixing weapon and powers very fast and fluid right now on test.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

COOLDOWNS ARE STILL NOT COOL!!!
    seriosly. they should not be on any of the following:
    PI setups, bursts, supercharges
    they should be further reduced on any other power!
    powers have allready ANIMATION TIMES, and power costs,
    this alone should suffice for powers to be used carefully!
    WE REALY DONT NEED THOSE COOLDOWNS!!!
    • Like x 1
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

did you even play pre AM and WM? the gameplay was 10 times faster than it is now with Ams. The gameplay was fluid fast smooth mixing weapon combos and powers. Days when clipping and phase dodge was a thing and the best damager was the one with the fastest fingers not the one with the OP FOTM power, well to a degree. The game was much more fun for me then. And you get that sluggish gameplay in LPVE because you are playing with no roles. no troll. no power. so you run out of power and spam weapons. that is not how it was pre AM WM. the gameplay was so much more engaging. I can literally fall asleep and press 1234 big hit now.
    • Like x 2
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Bottom line is that the people who enjoy "Play from the tray" is because its easy, overpowered and encourages lazy gameplay. I don´t buy thw whole "i want to feel like a superhero" story, if you want to make a "themed" toon,u can use Brwaling, HB or MA to fit your vision, there are plenty of weapons to chose that can match several archetypes from the comics.
    • Like x 2
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

cannot be sayd enough times^ devs need to realize!
    also: powers enhanced by PI do what, 10% more dammage?
    this is a joke! bursts should do twice its dammage with PI on enemies!
    • Like x 1
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I disagree with your statement because I don't think that it does.

Celestial prior to the Weapon Mastery was a complete play from the tray power... you would have to use your weapon at some point (if you didn't have a controller, and even than you could bang out decent damage before needing to touch your weapon). The way they rolled them out to the other powersets made them easier (which I do disagree with.. I think risk/reward should be a thing... and that it should take skill to pull it off) and yes they were over powered.. but that's not on us... that was implementation of the devs.

It's a superhero game, folks are going to want to create their character and want to play it as much as possible to their vision (why on earth would you see folks using heat vision in hard content... granted sure they don't know how to play their is that factor too) and "requiring" them to use x, y or z and "force" them to use a weapon... when the game hasn't been that way in such a long time... is a turn off for some.

I also wouldn't be so much a proponent if the devs didn't state they were going to make it viable... if they said "Golly gee folks, were just going to go back to combat the way it was in the beginning" (you know minus the massive cool downs and the other changes I dislike on test) I would have far less of an issue with this situation... but because things have been going the way they are... I really am pushing for the devs to follow through on this and not backtrack... they've done way too much of that.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You can´t count any Combo-Powerset as a "play from the tray" playstyle powerset. They are completely different animals.
    Combo Powers, require timing, and more inputs, they are also open to counters which make them different than the 1234 AM´s powersets, or even worse the pet AM´s powersets.
    • Like x 1